VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even with a few dozen mastering models, instead of hundreds of gears like A3,
the idea should work for most any product line that can add extras
to a foundation.

A cab-sim based on really high-end monitors, for those with
really high-end headphones?

A cab-sim based on the finest full-range keyboard and accoustics amp cabs?

Pickup models, number of, position, brand etc applied
before preamps in the chain (no, not dodge chevy ford :bang:
although that might get you some nice 'crunch' tone :hihi: )

string models, gauge/brand/style etc, nylon, slinky, brake-cable etc

Cheers

I bought A3 because I saw the Hendrix package on sale, then found the full package used for a price I could manage, otherwise i would likely have been happy getting a Fender Twin amp and a couple more pedals. Now I'm feeling the love for the Orange amps :) but anyhow, for me on a budget, never being able to afford anything going over $100, the piecemeal approach is great. I'd love to see more of the 'Custom Shop' model myself.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

How does the Fender models compare with the stock A3 fFender amps BTW? I still may pick one or two of them up at some point.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:I'd love to see some vocal preamps added to Amplitube, and some presets of course. It would also be mighty cool if T-Racks could appear as a rack.
Not to veer off topic too much, but how would you feel about T-RackS using a Custom Shop model? There was talk about it here and among users other places a while ago, but we're seeing a lot of users newer to the whole line with the promos (and they would have T-RackS Standard and models they may want to get like the Fairchild, etc) so I figured I'd ask again.

I thought the Singles was basically this already. I would be 100% down with the idea, that's how it worked for me anyway, as I got T-Racks 3 Deluxe some time back, then that turned into Singles when IK got that (very smart, imo!) idea, then more recently the Black/White combo. Am I incorrect in how the Singles thing works? I can totally load up the Black/White models in the standalone app or as models on the master bus if I've got the whole suite open.

I will say this, I do find it to be a minor hassle to do the "buy points, use them to buy models" thing versus just buying the models outright, but that's not illegitimate on you guys' part, it's a tale as old as time and fair marketing :lol: There're always some left over... and something around the corner I'll end up spending them on, haha.

What about a CS-like interface, except you can still just directly purchase them? Since presumably they'd all be priced higher, skip the points aspect and just go with direct purchasing. Unless you guys intend to start releasing Pultec/Fairchild/LN1176/LA2A quality models for Amplitube Custom Shop single amp + cab prices, if anything it'd just make that much less hassle getting the product and having it show up ready to use. Switch from activations and the somewhat prolonged (navigable, but, you know, does take a bit) process there...

One thing to be really careful of, though. A lot of mastering houses observe best-practices quite carefully and don't have outward-facing computers on site. If moving to a CS interface, you would want to allow them a way to do offline authorizations so that they aren't suddenly out of your market, I should think. Since T-Racks has long been about mastering, even though it's moved very easily into the mixing and even tracking world since the introduction of Singles as a concept, I'd think you would want to be careful to continue to cater to people who take precautions to keep their work rigs carefully separated from anything outward-facing.

Agreed wrote: I will say this, I do find it to be a minor hassle to do the "buy points, use them to buy models" thing versus just buying the models outright.
I have to agree, but then again you offer staggered prices for points so maybe it is best how it is. I personally would like to see a little better incentive for spending more, say 50 points for $40, just a little bit sweeter as you spend a little more. Also maybe some sales on certain models via the store, or sales on credits, like '45 for the price of 20' on occasion. But I just barely started with this product, maybe they do that already?

braj wrote:
Agreed wrote: I will say this, I do find it to be a minor hassle to do the "buy points, use them to buy models" thing versus just buying the models outright.
I have to agree, but then again you offer staggered prices for points so maybe it is best how it is. I personally would like to see a little better incentive for spending more, say 50 points for $40, just a little bit sweeter as you spend a little more. Also maybe some sales on certain models via the store, or sales on credits, like '45 for the price of 20' on occasion. But I just barely started with this product, maybe they do that already?
Jampoints add up, and the CS is a great place to spend them. Your first buy will make the next one cheaper, etc., since each one comes with some Jampoints. It amounts to a respectable discount. If you know you're going to invest, best just get the higher point amount at once, though, because the per-point discount on that is better than reusing jampoints to get some % off as you go.

From what I've seen, e.g. with Amplitube Slash, you're better off buying the pack than buying the items a la carte, unless you know for sure you won't use the pack. Pricing works out in favor of buying the pack over getting models individually otherwise.

It's a pretty easy to use system, all in all, and as I said they by no means invented the basic idea. It's a legitimate means to encourage continued investment. I know I'm looking forward to more gear hitting the CS so I can use some of my leftover points now that I've got everything in the store, haha.

As far as sales, they do have sales, usually "type of gear" rather than just on specific models. E.g. there was a "Twang" sale, and a "High Gain" sale, during which those respective amps and gear associated with them were discounted by quite a bit. Keep with it, it's a system that I was initially curious about but have grown to appreciate over time, seeing how it works and participating in it.

Cool, yeah I'm stoked with Amplitube, I much rather have a one-stop guitar plugin that is extendable than a bunch of plugins I may completely forget about if I don't use them often. I can make combination presets in MUX or Reaper but doing it all within a sleek integrated GUI is much more pleasant.

I'll say it again even though I know it's been heard, I really want to see multi-mics with multi-outputs. Very simplistic thought but it makes a ton of sense :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

braj wrote: Hey thanks again for that link :) I bought it and am very happy about it, I was also tempted to get Magma a little while ago so I'd have an effects rack and this does much of what I was looking for. Plus the tap delay has a reverse mode :) which I was also looking for. Now I just need to rebuild the callouses on my fingers, I hadn't played guitar much in months :D
:D

braj wrote:Running it through T-RackS Standard is especially nice, I'm glad I got over my aversion to IK.
I had some kind of aversion for ik.... but I really liked the amplitube leslie simulation. I was about to just buying the leslie on custom shop, until I see the summer strummer promo. Sometimes I use amplitube sims like a poor man replacement to speakerphone. :)

@Agreed - We actually do have an offline authorization process worked out for the Custom Shop. Great to see such good feed back on the Custom Shop, may have to be something to discuss further here at IK...
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Custom Shop Gift Cards at GC, BB, MF, SA, SW, ZZ etc?
Would make nice stocking stuffers and birthday gifts!
Cheers

I mentioned before that I was interested in buying Nomad Factory's Magma previously, but now I'm pretty invested in Amplitube/T-RackS. But one thing that Magma is promising in the future is to allow you to use your own VSTs as rack units. If I were making T-RackS or Amplitube I would do the same, with a customizable GUI for the plugins that allow you to do basic things like change the color, a name label, and knobs that could be assigned to the hosted plugin's parameters so that you usually wouldn't need to open the actual plugin GUI. Anyhow I don't rightly understand the technical challenges of doing this, but it sounds like a desirable feature to me. Regardless, I've been thinking more about T-RackS including a shop and I think it's a great idea. But first please put Singles on sale :D Thanks!

BTW I'd love the Classik series plugins to be available as racks in T-RackS.

braj wrote:...is to allow you to use your own VSTs as rack units. If I were making T-RackS or Amplitube I would do the same...
That functionality is great, and has been available for many years.
http://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/S ... attro.html (My current favorite, I believe it is Mac-only)
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/waveeditor/ (My previous favorite, I believe it is Mac-only)
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/ (IIRC it also supports VST plugins, it is free and cross-platform)

I'm sure there are at least half a dozen others.
You don't use the VSTs or AUs as "rack units" as in Magma, but the idea is the same.You can create your own chain, and not be limited by a specific brand as is the case with IK. That's one reason I never use T-Racks.

I often launch DSP-Quattro to quickly compare various plugins, such as equalizers, compressors, reverbs, amp emulators, delays, etc.
I can also route my computer's audio to it and listen to music or movies, and apply my own effects to better suit my listening environment.
These are just 2 examples, without getting into the main purpose of these applications (i.e., edit audio, mastering, etc.)

Again, this has been available for many years. T-Racks looks nice and the idea is good, but I rather use my other plugins. From IK I only use (or try to use) occasionally the Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter model 670 and Vintage Tube Program Equalizer. The opto compressor more rarely. The other 6 plugins I have never get any use these days.
esoundz name: Helio

Return to “Effects”