Thrillseeker XTC (DC 2012 winner)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ThrillseekerXTC

bootsie wrote: I've planned further mkII versions and at least one is already in the making.
NastyVCS mkII :?: :wink:

Compyfox wrote:Personally I find the <80Hz frequencies really troublesome and dangerous. Especially for selfmade/diy mastering wizards.
:lol: So true! .....yep, guilty! :hihi:

Congrats bootsie on winning DC12
and thanks again for another cool plugin! :)

Cheers"

s_t wrote:
bootsie wrote: I've planned further mkII versions and at least one is already in the making.
NastyVCS mkII :?: :wink:
+1 !
(with a bigger compressor, i like it but it is so small on the GUI)

And EPicVerb mkII
(with AUX and SEND presets, or a global aux/send setting, like on Valhalla Room).

Thanks Bootsie for all your hard work and generosity!! Your plugins are great and are getting better and better!

Would love to hear an Epicverb mkII!!

CONGRATS BOOTSIE!!!

Well deserved congratulations, Bootsie. Thank you very much.

Transient was a great entry as well. I also would not have been surprised had Transient won 1st place. I'm not competent to make firm remarks concerning synthesizers, but I really, really like the sounds in Poly 2106.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote:Well deserved congratulations, Bootsie. Thank you very much.

Transient was a great entry as well. I also would not have been surprised had Transient won 1st place. I'm not competent to make firm remarks concerning synthesizers, but I really, really like the sounds in Poly 2106.
POLY 2106 impressed me heavily.
no sig

1.0.1 update available. The update fixes issues concerning memory consumption and stereo width impression when using DRIVE/MOJO. The update is available in the downloads section.
follow me on Image

bootsie wrote:1.0.1 update available. The update fixes issues concerning memory consumption and stereo width impression when using DRIVE/MOJO. The update is available in the downloads section.
Thanks !

Can anyone compare ThrillseekerXTC with SKnote Presence (or other exciters)?

Thank you.
yzcoruhT

It is my understanding that "SKnote Presence" is an actual harmonic exciter where "ThrillSeekerXTC" is a hybrid EQ/Exciter. XTC is very kool, but I actually use Presence on the Master BUS of most of my tracks. I use it subtly in "Sustain" mode; it adds a nice inconspicuous enhancement.

Presence works well on individual tracks, but this is actually how ThrillSeekerXTC begins to make its worthiness known. :clap:
U-o wrote:Can anyone compare ThrillseekerXTC with SKnote Presence (or other exciters)?

Thank you.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Love VoS plugins!!!
Wish they were 64 bit though...

Brother Charles wrote:It is my understanding that "SKnote Presence" is an actual harmonic exciter where "ThrillSeekerXTC" is a hybrid EQ/Exciter. XTC is very kool, but I actually use Presence on the Master BUS of most of my tracks. I use it subtly in "Sustain" mode; it adds a nice inconspicuous enhancement.

Presence works well on individual tracks, but this is actually how ThrillSeekerXTC begins to make its worthiness known. :clap:
U-o wrote:Can anyone compare ThrillseekerXTC with SKnote Presence (or other exciters)?

Thank you.
Thank you for your reply. Last question: If you had to choose between this two, which one is the winner?
yzcoruhT

I'm currently using this and SlickHDR and a project I'm working on :)
FerricTDS and NastyDLAmkII are also in use, but I'm using those on basically every project :hihi:

I have to admit that I'm rarely using ThrillseekerXTC, but it's nice to know it's there when I need it, like in this case :)

Cheers
Dennis

Well, U-o, I really wouldn't want to make that judgement call as a public proclamation, but I will say this: As I've already mentioned, I tend to enlist "Presence" in my own workflow, but "ThrillSeekerXTC" is pretty kool on certain kinds of individual tracks. Others say they really enjoy using it at the final stage in their mastering chain. One nice thing in Quinto's favor, is the fact that the SKnote plug-ins are coded in pure C++ and available in 64bit.

I agree with a sentiment shared in another post as regards Bootsie's plug-ins: "they deserve a better framework than SynthMaker/Edit." I HUGELY respect VOS plug-ins and make use of them myself, but the SE quirkiness is a slight drawback. Since I still primarily use a 32 bit DAW (64bit Win 7), it doesn't bother me so much that they are not 64 bit. For the most part, Bootsie's plug-ins are very dependable . . . . but every once in a while, the SE/SM flakiness is observed.

It is generally agreed by most home recording pundits that Bootsie's plug-ins are very, very good and probably the BEST SM/SE DSP plug-ins available; payware or freeware.
U-o wrote:Thank you for your reply. Last question: If you had to choose between this two, which one is the winner?
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Return to “Effects”