Thrillseeker XTC (DC 2012 winner)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ThrillseekerXTC

DELETED

Tricky-Loops wrote: but using the EQ can result in big sound changes...
Using any EQ can result in big sound changes......

I say if you think it does something "magic" to your sound then use it.......to me it's a case of the Emperor's New Clothes... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
X2 wrote: perhaps people might need to be listening on better monitors or headphones
It's because I'm using good monitors/heaphones that makes me classify it as a Placebo..... :shrug:
Maybe because you are older than 53, aren't you??:hihi:
mauseoleum wrote:
premiumcrap wrote:i still record in 24 bit 44,1 khz format.
i was testing 96 khz, cause i had the impression, that could be more transparent (high frequency content).
but when i hear my old mixes, adding bootsies plugin, I am definitely not shure, if i should raise the sample rate to 96 K. :D
www.myspace.com/tombalcony
but that's because your ears are 53yr old and you have been a musician for wayy too long

audiovet wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
X2 wrote: perhaps people might need to be listening on better monitors or headphones
It's because I'm using good monitors/heaphones that makes me classify it as a Placebo..... :shrug:
Hilarious comment. You should seriously reconsider your room then or hearing. A simple null test shows you it is not a placebo.

Y do people try to make final judgments when they lack the ability to actually do so?? Drives me nuts
Why do people insist on attacking other people for just stating an opinion? Drives me nuts. You don't know anything about my "room" or my ears....so you really aren't in any position to comment on them.....so you should probably just keep quiet.

Like I said if this plugin cures all your ills then use it......to me it's a sugar pill. I've got other plugins that I prefer. Try not to lose any sleep over it..... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: ...
AH-HA! Therein lies your problem!
THERE IS ALWAYS A WORKAROUND

DELETED

premiumcrap wrote:i still record in 24 bit 44,1 khz format.

i was testing 96 khz, cause i had the impression, that could be more transparent (high frequency content).
yes, XTC benefits sligthly from higher sample rates.
but when i hear my old mixes, adding bootsies plugin, I am definitely not shure, if i should raise the sample rate to 96 K. :D
www.myspace.com/tombalcony
why? I'm currently using them at 96kHz, all fine here ...
follow me on Image

Some more behind the scenes info. I'm in here for further questions, also.

peace,
bootsy
follow me on Image

Teksonik wrote:Like I said if this plugin cures all your ills then use it......to me it's a sugar pill. I've got other plugins that I prefer. Try not to lose any sleep over it..... :roll:
Sometimes a little sugar pill (or candy) can make a less tasteful tea really delicious... Okay, if you absolutely need a "Thrillseeker", you could drink some Tequila with XTC, but sometimes a tea with a sugar pill can cure you and help not to lose too much sleep over things... :wink:

is it a multiband distortion plugin or a saturated 2 band eq?

i like what mojo does, i think. is it waveshaping?

again, looks great, i just wish the effect was possible to crank to 11. feels like a lap dance.

overhishead wrote:is it a multiband distortion plugin or a saturated 2 band eq?

again, looks great, i just wish the effect was possible to crank to 11. feels like a lap dance.
Look here what it is:
http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... mojo-back/

Though I wouldn't go as far as describing them as "placebo", I must admit I tend to find Bootsie's plugins in general very subtle. A bit too subtle IMO.

like premiumcrap, I too am an oldie with a lot of experience. I have a reasonably decent setup at home, and access to an excellent setup at work. I'm also aware that my hearing ain't what it used to be. But I still manage to turn out good recordings.

I don't mean to criticise Bootsie's work here. I know he's a well respected developer, and rightly so. But for me, whenever I've tried one of his plugins, it's left me wanting more - almost like the knobs don't have enough range.

Just my 2c

Andywanders wrote:Though I wouldn't go as far as describing them as "placebo", I must admit I tend to find Bootsie's plugins in general very subtle. A bit too subtle IMO.

like premiumcrap, I too am an oldie with a lot of experience. I have a reasonably decent setup at home, and access to an excellent setup at work. I'm also aware that my hearing ain't what it used to be. But I still manage to turn out good recordings.

I don't mean to criticise Bootsie's work here. I know he's a well respected developer, and rightly so. But for me, whenever I've tried one of his plugins, it's left me wanting more - almost like the knobs don't have enough range.

Just my 2c
You have to test his BootEQ, it is everything but not subtle... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:You have to test his BootEQ, it is everything but not subtle... :wink:
You are right sir. I stand corrected.

Just downloaded it and tried it on an acoustic guitar track.

VERY NICE INDEED..!

Compares favourably to the Abbey Road 2412.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
overhishead wrote:is it a multiband distortion plugin or a saturated 2 band eq?

Look here what it is:
http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... mojo-back/
Ok, but should a developer's intention with an effect be taken into account when at the end of the day, the effect is what counts? (which i assumed would be an exciter like BBE or Aphex)

I've read 7 pages of comments and tested the plugin myself.

anything sounds good when you increase the gain (which is what an eq bump does)
i suppose what i was hoping for would be an exciter that doesnt boost the gain, and delivers psychoacoustic meat.

Return to “Effects”