Thrillseeker XTC (DC 2012 winner)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ThrillseekerXTC

Thank you again. You know, a lot of people like SKnote plugins, but there are no demo versions of plugins on his webite and audio demos not convinced me to buy it (Presence). It is also an open secret, that SKnote plugins have low CPU usage, (I hope) lower than eg. Bootsie's plugins. I must agree with you, that VOS plugins are the best Synthmaker/Flowstone plugins. :tu:
Brother Charles wrote:Well, U-o, I really wouldn't want to make that judgement call as a public proclamation, but I will say this: As I've already mentioned, I tend to enlist "Presence" in my own workflow, but "ThrillSeekerXTC" is pretty kool on certain kinds of individual tracks. Others say they really enjoy using it at the final stage in their mastering chain. One nice thing in Quinto's favor, is the fact that the SKnote plug-ins are coded in pure C++ and available in 64bit.

I agree with a sentiment shared in another post as regards Bootsie's plug-ins: "they deserve a better framework than SynthMaker/Edit." I HUGELY respect VOS plug-ins and make use of them myself, but the SE quirkiness is a slight drawback. Since I still primarily use a 32 bit DAW (64bit Win 7), it doesn't bother me so much that they are not 64 bit. For the most part, Bootsie's plug-ins are very dependable . . . . but every once in a while, the SE/SM flakiness is observed.

It is generally agreed by most home recording pundits that Bootsie's plug-ins are very, very good and probably the BEST SM/SE DSP plug-ins available; payware or freeware.
U-o wrote:Thank you for your reply. Last question: If you had to choose between this two, which one is the winner?
yzcoruhT

Return to “Effects”