Thrillseeker XTC (DC 2012 winner)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ThrillseekerXTC

after a couple of days, testing thrillseeker XTC, i would miss it in
my mastering-chain!

it adds clarity, almost without any high-frequency boost.
in a better way (IMO), than CLAS or other exciters.

my vote goes to THRILLSEEKER XTC.

www.myspace.com/tombalcony

I think the way people are testing the plugin is how they are arriving at the "subtle," conclusions.

Straight to the point, Parallel EQ offers you a guilt free way to boost the desired frequency range because its not the direct signal that you hear boosted but rather the sum. So if you have your mix settings at 25%wet and 75% dry, doing a slight boost at 3k say 1 or 2 db, of course you won't hear much of a change.

The whole point of these designs is that you can do some BRUTAL settings and itsounds gorgeous. Have a mix that's a bit on the dark side? Try the 3k on a master, leave the mix knob at ~4 to 6. Crank the 3k gain knob up to like 6 or 7. Do you hear that now? Its like this super open midrange with some free highs. Throw a little bit of 10k in there only 4 to 5 and see what I'm talking about. The Mojo button can stay dead center but something cool happens if you still utilize Drive, bump it to say 2.

I'm really liking the low end bump you can get @ 70hz HOWEVER, Bootsie, you should really consider adding 30 or 40 hz as another option. These frequencies are key at times in mastering for the ME to play with or when you are doing a DIY master. One of my favorite frequencies on my SAE MK27 (inductor based passive EQ with discrete output) is the 40hz. I can boost 40hz 16db if I want and it sounds gorgeous. I'd love to see what you can do with Thrillseeker XTC in this regard or even possibly adding it to Baxter. :love: :love: :love:

Peace
Illumination

Personally I find the <80Hz frequencies really troublesome and dangerous. Especially for selfmade/diy mastering wizards.

The XTC already has a more ongoing concept than the Clariphonic, and with the 80Hz setting you can boost up to +12dB at 10-20Hz which results in about +10dB at 40Hz. We're talking lowshelf btw, not bell like the midband.

I think you best bet is a plugin or hardware unit that does the "kickdrum" trick like the Pultec does. If you really want to go for it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

O.M.G!
follow me on Image

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, Herbert - Du hast es wirklich verdient! :D :hug: :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Fair play Bootsie!
Going for a hat-trick now

Congrats Bootsie! Well deserved!

Hilarious. Bootsie has the best sense of humor of any KVR member.......well played :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hah, won the second time in a row. And I thought Proximity might take the cake this time. Then again, second place and(!) MAC release.

Good job. :tu:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I understand the desire for 64 bit (btw, SynthEdit won't do it either).

Now, here we have a freeware offering that obviously took a fair amount of work and . . .

within 15 minutes of release you have people jumping all over it because it's not in 64, it's not for Mac (still hovering at 9% of the entire computer market), it can't be used in Reason (their own fault, of course), and they insist it be ported to RTAS (short for rat's ass), and demand this and that, and demand it on their iPhone . . .

If I was a freeware plugin maker I'd design one last plugin called the ShoveItIfYouDon'tLikeIt, and then I'd go apply my talents somewhere they were more universally appreciated.

But in any case, I'd never build one for the unapologetically demanding Mac users, never ever.

You hear "How come there is no Mac version" on every thread. Ad nauseum.

The Telenator wrote: But in any case, I'd never build one for the unapologetically demanding Mac users, never ever.

You hear "How come there is no Mac version" on every thread. Ad nauseum.
Haha, the eager pack lift up their pitchers, demanding for their Macs! :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

hey bootsy, a bit off-topic but is there any chance at an AE version of one of your former DC winners? I'm referring of course to ferric tds, I believe in the original incarnation it was 4x oversampled, and in a subsequent update the oversampling was removed and it was turned into more of a cpu efficient zero latency plugin, which is great for mixing.

but these days i'm loving oversampling, since I still work in the ancient 44.1 sample rate, I rely on oversampling to fight ol' nyquist. i'm willing to live with a bit of latency in order to get that improvement in the sound quality, especially with bright and harmonically rich sounds. i think a Ferric Tds AE would be pretty sweet.

what do you say?

ps. if you gave it like a red tint, or maybe like red rings around the knobs instead of the white. ohhh man...
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Congrats Bootsie, I gave you 5 big fu***ng stars and I'm glad your amazing EQ hit the top ! Keep up your great work and thank you for such amazing tools!

Edit

oops, sorry, thought it was the DC12 thread
:hug:

@midnight wrote:hey bootsy, a bit off-topic but is there any chance at an AE version of one of your former DC winners? I'm referring of course to ferric tds, I believe in the original incarnation it was 4x oversampled, and in a subsequent update the oversampling was removed and it was turned into more of a cpu efficient zero latency plugin, which is great for mixing.
I've planned further mkII versions and at least one is already in the making.
follow me on Image

Return to “Effects”