TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have something to say here.

It's really simple. Our libraries are cheap because they are easy economically easy to develop for us/me. What's the point with TrackSpacer? I'm not a programmer so I had to outsource the work (not cheap) and I didn't know that the plugin "Space Boy" was on the market. Overpriced? It's always hard to set a price for a product, you don't know really how many copies you'll sell. But money is not everything in this life, our first occupation is YOU, money comes after.

SO

We've decided to lower its price.

Intro price: €39
Full price: €59

VAT included, of course.

For people who already bought it, we'll refund €20 right now.

actually, with SKNote mentioned, it would be great if this tool was to grow like SKNote's Roundtone did. i bought that plugin on an intro offer when it was $15, back then it was a simple tape saturation plugin, but now it's at version 3 with lots of algorithms, tape noise, wow/flutter and a delay, all being free updates.

if this tool could over time become something akin to that (e.g. grow functionality of Space Boy and beyond over next few versions), it could justify the price tag. having x64 right from the start is great, because not having x64 version is a complete show stopper for me (the only x86 plugins i have are VoS/LePou plugins (they are just that good) and Jamstix (soon to go x64)), and TrackSpacer already has an edge over SpaceBoy here.

however, right now it's definitely a bit overpriced.

IMO of course.

EDIT: the price on the website sill states 59 EUR :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

DELETED

The "Space Boy" plugin was around almost forever and over time it was significantly optimized and all upgrades were free. So, compare to Track Spacer it is much lighter on CPU (at least here) and as some other users already mentioned has a lot more functionalities; export eq curves that can be used in Voxengo's EQ, zoom into those EQcurves and modify them and overall it simply sounds better ( in my highly subjective opinion)... Paul (the maker of Space Boy) is also very responsive and helpful.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

it's not the first time mac users have to wait for something decent to finally run on their shiny gadgets :-D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

wavesfactory wrote: We've decided to lower its price.

Fair play, looks like I'd better get and demo this then.

Our intention is being able to do updates of TrackSpacer for free. Unfortunately, this won't be possible if we can't recover the money invested, as you can understand. But, hopefully, it will be possible and we have a lot of ideas to implement on it.
Obviouly, this is because of the outsourcing, if it depended on me there would be no problem at all.

dexterbella wrote:
Amberience wrote: Whether you think it is worth it is completely besides the point
The dev actually asked for people's opinion on the price - if not, I would not have commented at all.
exactly thats the point!

I didn't see any wonky behavior of the controls on my setup (Win 7 Home 64-bit, Reaper x64 v4.261).

wavesfactory wrote:Our intention is being able to do updates of TrackSpacer for free. Unfortunately, this won't be possible if we can't recover the money invested, as you can understand. But, hopefully, it will be possible and we have a lot of ideas to implement on it.
Obviouly, this is because of the outsourcing, if it depended on me there would be no problem at all.
programming isn't that hard, especially when you already have a working plugin :-)

also, i mentioned Roundtone not because i was referring to free updates (i have no objections over paying for updates, provided they are worth it), but mainly to point out how it evolved from a simple plugin to a complex plugin in a matter of 6-7 months.

wavesfactory wrote:I have something to say here.

It's really simple. Our libraries are cheap because they are easy economically easy to develop for us/me. What's the point with TrackSpacer? I'm not a programmer so I had to outsource the work (not cheap) and I didn't know that the plugin "Space Boy" was on the market. Overpriced? It's always hard to set a price for a product, you don't know really how many copies you'll sell. But money is not everything in this life, our first occupation is YOU, money comes after.

SO

We've decided to lower its price.

VAT included, of course.

For people who already bought it, we'll refund €20 right now.
It's a great little plugin and for that price i prolly will snap it up.
no sig

Good move for price adjustment :tu:

Okay, sorry but I have to step in for the developer here.

You folks are just impolite, greedy and... well, I lack of further words.

Do you know how many similar concepts are on the market, yet no other developer is critisized as much? Take the many LA/1176/NEVE/SSL clones out there and apply the same you just did in here.

Even though the price for a first plugin might seem a bit high compared to the 10bucks samplesets. But do the math: want more than one sampleset, this is easily adding up and can get real expensive. If WavesFactory would have said "oh well - we now raise our samplesets by 10-20 USD, because they're popular... It's their right to do so, and it would still be fair.

TrackSpacer might not be a new concept, but it's a more current one compared to Elevayta Space Boy. And I do remember it (Space Boy) being more expensive back in the day as well.

If you want a cheaper version, contact Elevayta, bug the developers to continue/update their creation. The KVR user is called "Space Boy" and was last active in September 2012, or go through the official channels - the homepage.

Or... cough it up, and learn how to use a dynamic EQ (IIRC, MDynamicEQ is able to receive external signals for sidechaining!), or a sidechain compressor with selectable frequencies.

But cut WavesFactory some slack, will you? Please!

It's their first plugin, and they teamed up with an IMO great programmer. XILS Lab (if we're talking about the same XILS here) might not be bug free right from the start - but the software always delivers. At least on my end (their LE and demo stuff ran fine on my rig).

And with your negative critism, you already caused them (WavesFactory) a lot of trouble (refunds, trying to keep the crowd calm, etc).

I mean... what do you want more?!

It's already cross platform, there is an RTAS version, it's 64bit, VST3 version is announced for those that don't know the Cubase quad-channel trick. Heck the CP is a serial and not the some often hated USB key or C/R!

I wish such harsh critism would be made for freeware stuff once in a while as well. Instead, everything is praised and tagged with 10 out of 10 points. But if it's not "fair" or "competitive priced" these days - it's a full out hate fest. I still remember the debates with Slate VCC in terms of the price/value balance.

Sheesh!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

DELETED

Now that Compyfox has got his views off his chest, maybe I can get a foot in the door and say,

Thank you, WavesFactory!

I think that you made the right decision and I just paid the very fair introductory price of 39€ and am downloading as I write.

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”