TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are glad to announce the release of "TrackSpacer".

The concept:
TrackSpacer is an audio plug-in that creates space in the mix for an instrument, voice, or other audio by performing automatic, multiband equalization on a channel. In real-time it analyzes the audio frequency content in a track/bus via sidechain, and applies an intelligent 32-band EQ to subtract those frequencies from the channel/bus where TrackSpacer is inserted.
In other words, it gives room or space to a certain track by reducing its frequencies on another track in real time.

VST, RTAS and AU | both Mac and Windows (32 and 64 bit).

Serial protected (no dongle).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa0PBvzn0bQ
More information, audio demos and demo version here: http://plugins.wavesfactory.com

Intro price: €39
Full price (December, 1st): €59

Last edited by wavesfactory on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elevayta Space Boy does this and has more features for only $29.95 :wink:
http://www.elevayta.net/product4.htm

Selfik wrote:Elevayta Space Boy does this and has more features for only $29.95 :wink:
http://www.elevayta.net/product4.htm
I didn't know that plugin. It seems that it's only available for Windows VST, TrackSpacer is for Mac and Windows (VST, RTAS and AU) 64 bit too. And I think it's simpler to use.

Just demoed it...controls are very sluggish in Studio one 2 and that demo voice is very annoying...we know it's demo, no need to remind us every 20sec :wink:
If you can improve that and adjust intro price I would probably buy.

Selfik wrote:Just demoed it...controls are very sluggish in Studio one 2 and that demo voice is very annoying...we know it's demo, no need to remind us every 20sec :wink:
If you can improve that and adjust intro price I would probably buy.
I know the voice saying "TrackSpacer Demo" is annoying... but there are so few controls (only 3 knobs and 1 button) that presets are not necessary. Also, no recall in the demo version is useless for the same reason. Adding this voice was the only thing that really worked for the demo version.

A couple of Q's:

- what will be the regular price after the intro period?
- is it a VST2.x plugin or also VST3? If it's the former, how to trigger in Cubase for example (the old Quad-Channel trick?)
- will there maybe GUI updates to "show" the LP/HP as additional visual representation?

Else, it's a one-trick pony solution for me (I'm oldschool on that behalf), but I keep that thing in mind.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:A couple of Q's:

- what will be the regular price after the intro period?
- is it a VST2.x plugin or also VST3? If it's the former, how to trigger in Cubase for example (the old Quad-Channel trick?)
- will there maybe GUI updates to "show" the LP/HP as additional visual representation?

Else, it's a one-trick pony solution for me (I'm oldschool on that behalf), but I keep that thing in mind.
Hi Compyfox,
1. Regular price will be €79.
2. It's VST2.x, not VST3.
3. I added it to the wishlist for future updates.

Now I see why it's sluggish...it's coded by a Xils guy...every one of their products have a similar problem...sold them all because of that.
How hard is to make only 4 knobs behave normal? Cmon...
Last edited by Selfik on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selfik wrote:Now I see why it's sluggish...it's coded by a Xils guy...every one of their products have a similar problem...sold them all because of that.
Turning knobs slowly? I think it works great this way, the ratio knob is very sensible, so a slow movement is better.

Try turning filter knobs...they don't behave normal and smooth.
Sorry I really don't want to be negative...I just expect a product that works snappy. None of my plugs have a problem like this...must be something wrong with your coding...programming language or something...

Great plugin idea. The video demonstration is fine and the GUI looks good.

Since it's really complicated to use VST 2.x plugins with external sidechaining in Cubase - any plans for an update to VST 3 in the future?

(Cubase is one of most popular DAWs over here, I know it's annoying that Steinberg hasn't implemented an easy way to use VST 2.x plugins for sidechaining, because VST 3 is not the standard yet.)

Selfik wrote:Try turning filter knobs...they don't behave normal and smooth.
Sorry I really don't want to be negative...I just expect a product that works snappy. None of my plugs have a problem like this...must be something wrong with your coding...programming language or something...
Sincerely, I don't see that weird movement... Is anybody having the same issue?

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Great plugin idea. The video demonstration is fine and the GUI looks good.

Since it's really complicated to use VST 2.x plugins with external sidechaining in Cubase - any plans for an update to VST 3 in the future?

(Cubase is one of most popular DAWs over here, I know it's annoying that Steinberg hasn't implemented an easy way to use VST 2.x plugins for sidechaining, because VST 3 is not the standard yet.)
Thank you Izak. About the VST3 update, I'll add it to the wishlist for a future update.

How to exclude rtas during installation?
Deleting the path doesn't do, error message pops...

I already own Elevayta Space Boy, but probably would have picked this up as another alternative if it had been competitively priced. This is way too expensive for what it does, given the existing competition, and especially when converted to $USD.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”