TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox, i do agree with you on part of being x64, crossplatform etc. and i don't see anyone here criticizing WavesFactory for this.

however, i do not agree with your point about its price.

yes, it is true that this is a developer's decision, and i (and i'm sure many others) will stand behind whatever WavesFactory to do with their plugins' price. It's their plugins, it's their decision.

however, that does not preclude us, users, offering our point of view. to take a lesson out of basic economics, market doesn't care how much it costs to produce the damn thing. this roughly translates to "i [not me personally, but the abstract buyer] will buy it only if i find the price justifying the benefits it provides". in other words, the more it costs, the less likely someone is to buy it.

this may seem counterintuitive, but lower price can equate to more revenue due to more sales. now, i'm not saying, make it $1. i'm saying that a lower price can actually yield better results, especially for such a "one-trick-pony" plugin which can easily be substituted with other tools.

TL;DR we're trying to help the developer by offering our perspective on what we would consider worth paying for this plugin. to go with it is entirely up to the developer.
Last edited by Burillo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Thanks for reminding me about Space Boy!

For the price, I am going with Space Boy. ;)

Burillo wrote: this may seem counterintuitive, but lower price can equate to more revenue due to more sales. now, i'm not saying, make it $1. i'm saying that a lower price can actually yield better results, especially for such a "one-trick-pony" plugin which can easily be substituted with other tools.
More sales equals more support costs. It isn't always beneficial to a manufacturer to race to the bottom.

Wanting to try them both, space boy crashed on my system ... it couldn't write to registry apparently.

Trackspacer is working fine. My very first impressions are good and i may very well use the new introprice :)
:hug:

Amberience wrote:More sales equals more support costs. It isn't always beneficial to a manufacturer to race to the bottom.
yes but it's not a 1:1 relationship. how many times have you contacted plugin developer for every plugin you own?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I liked the concept of this plugin straight away - the mix/mastering bit is my least favourite part of the music-making process and this certainly makes things a lot quicker and easier. However, at the original price, I wouldn't even have demoed it. The price reduction was enough to entice me - demoed it, really liked it and bought it!

Bought it also now... :) Lowering the price was a smart move ;)

Yeah, I'll buy this when I get home.

Definitely. Wavesfactory are superb. The sample libraries are top notch and approximately a 6th of the price other companies would charge for them.

The video also convinced me. I'm a lazy arse so an intelligent frequency based compressor sounds good to me.

By the way, no sketchy working knobs here, they worked perfectly and felt very responsive.

Purchased...looks like I'm the only one with the ui problem...I'll pretend that's a feature than :)

Looks like a very useful piece of software if it sounds as good as it looks, will definitely demo this as soon as I find the time!
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

maxxxter wrote:Also, please keep infesting every f***ing thread here with your unavoidable, exalted presence!
Will do. As it is my right as member of this board to express myself. There is a "mute" button existing if you don't like what I'm writing.

But compared to ther spammers here on this board, I'm harmless - since I only write in threads that interest me. I don't feel adressed by this.

maxxxter wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
TrackSpacer might not be a new concept, but it's a more current one compared to Elevayta Space Boy.
In what way??
You definitely bark up the wrong tree.

TrackSpacer is more up to date, it uses native sidechaining not an internal "link" system (send/receive modules), though it it has only barey less features.

Else, it's more up to date, cross platform and also available for the often demanded ProTools platform.

maxxxter wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
And I do remember it (Space Boy) being more expensive back in the day as well.
what? just not true.
I only find current prices, and they are 29USD. I can't confirm anything else as of this point. It's a "he said - she said" situation here.

maxxxter wrote: Why is the criticism here seen by you as negative? I see it as constructive and useful.
Your definition of 'causing trouble' is also very questionable.

:roll:
No it's not. What I read so far is forcing the developer PUBLICALLY to take action in favor for the interested parties, in an additude "do it or I won't buy it" and "the collaboration with Xils Lab sucks".

If you don't like the plugin, don't use it. If you don't want to shell out the funds, then don't do it. It's plain and simple - plenty of alternatives on the market. I gave two examples in that regards.

Again, bark up another tree, please.

Burillo wrote:however, i do not agree with your point about its price.

yes, it is true that this is a developer's decision, and i (and i'm sure many others) will stand behind whatever WavesFactory to do with their plugins' price. It's their plugins, it's their decision.

however, that does not preclude us, users, offering our point of view. to take a lesson out of basic economics, market doesn't care how much it costs to produce the damn thing. this roughly translates to "i [not me personally, but the abstract buyer] will buy it only if i find the price justifying the benefits it provides". in other words, the more it costs, the less likely someone is to buy it.
Then so be it. WavesFactory said it himself, it's a collaboration. And Amberience also clearly stated what is connected to all that (lower price = higher support, the shares are lower, chances are it's too low for further collabs, etc).

It's true that software prices fell through the course of the last months. But does anyone critisize other developers, especially the longer established onces, regarding their prices? I'm not counting Steinberg with the NEVE series (which are definitely overpriced), or Algorithmix (which seem to be off this world), but more common companies.

It seems to me that always the independent developers are harshly critisized, and forced to do things they do not want - just to get enough sales.

If it would be a shady company, like the one with a very bad reputation here on KVR, then I'd ask twice about what the heck is going on. But not in this case.

Burillo wrote:this may seem counterintuitive, but lower price can equate to more revenue due to more sales. now, i'm not saying, make it $1. i'm saying that a lower price can actually yield better results, especially for such a "one-trick-pony" plugin which can easily be substituted with other tools.
This might be the case at first sight (e.g. boosted sales), but on the long run it can't work this way. Also if the developer does deals in between, you want to resell the plugin at a later state, etc.

Burillo wrote:TL;DR we're trying to help the developer by offering our perspective on what we would consider worth paying for this plugin. to go with it is entirely up to the developer.
It indeed is. And he offered you, the complaining fraction, a hand. He probably cut his share and dropped the price in hope that his tool might be interesting to new users. You can also say that he's trying to do damage control.

Congratulations "community", you won again. :clap:

But please think about it:
Force developers to drop prices, changes are that you won't see new tools in the future anymore. Force developers to drop CP mechanisms, see warez all over the place and the small developers perish in return.

What is actually helping a developer (IMO), is to test a tool in advance (demo) - no matter what the limitation is (which is always a thing to debate!). Then write a more constructive oriented critism (like: "please take another look, there seems to be something wrong with the controls" - contrary to "XILS suck, their stuff is always sluggy" - not pointed at anyone in here of course). Or simply say "pass" and go away rather than begging to drop prices since it's "not worth it otherwise".

My 2c, you don't need to agree with me. Which is totally fine. But I hope I put at least some thoughts into people's heads.

Now can we go back to making music, or do we need more mudfights?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

DELETED
Last edited by maxxxter on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox wrote:Then so be it. WavesFactory said it himself, it's a collaboration. And Amberience also clearly stated what is connected to all that (lower price = higher support, the shares are lower, chances are it's too low for further collabs, etc).
yes. overpriced - fewer sales, less support, good chance of having less revenue. right price - more sales, more support, good chance of having more revenue. vicious circle, god dammit. the point isn't that the price is high. the point is that it's too high for a lot of people (at least in this thread) to consider purchasing it. WavesFactory could have stood his ground, and as i said, i wouldn't object to that. are you saying i can't state my own opinion that the price is (well, was) too high for me to consider purchasing it?
Compyfox wrote:It's true that software prices fell through the course of the last months. But does anyone critisize other developers, especially the longer established onces, regarding their prices? I'm not counting Steinberg with the NEVE series (which are definitely overpriced), or Algorithmix (which seem to be off this world), but more common companies.

It seems to me that always the independent developers are harshly critisized, and forced to do things they do not want - just to get enough sales.

If it would be a shady company, like the one with a very bad reputation here on KVR, then I'd ask twice about what the heck is going on. But not in this case.
i'm sorry, but what are you talking about? just do a search on "overpriced" on KVR, you'll see LOADS of complaining about different established developers - IK Multimedia, Steinberg, Waves, etc. etc. This is obvious bullshit on your part.
Compyfox wrote:This might be the case at first sight (e.g. boosted sales), but on the long run it can't work this way. Also if the developer does deals in between, you want to resell the plugin at a later state, etc.
so you're saying more sales at a good price cannot bring more revenue than less sales at a higher price?
Compyfox wrote:But please think about it:
Force developers to drop prices, changes are that you won't see new tools in the future anymore. Force developers to drop CP mechanisms, see warez all over the place and the small developers perish in return.
ah, yes, that old bullshit story about piracy and how no one will create anything anymore if X or Y happens. tell that to bootsy, lepou, and ignite amps and all the other great plugin developers that release free plugins rivalling the best commercial ones.[/b]

What are you guys getting mad of? Now that the price is lowered i'll try it and if i like it i'll buy it.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Effects”