iZotope Insight Metering Suite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wouldn't even buy it for 49$. I prefer to use my ears and a simple analyzer + TT dynamic range meter will do it forever for me.

I like the look, just don't have the money to pay for it :(

Are there any other spectrum analysers out there which do a linear display? Linear FFTs are incredibly useful for analysing the treble of a recording.

This is the main function that's missing from SPAN and that I miss from using InspectorXL (I'm now on a pure 64-bit DAW and plugins).

I must agree about the pricing, seems overly pricey to me.

Cowbells!

Neon Breath wrote:Seriously, we made jokes and all about the price but I like iZotope, they do solid quality plugins. But here why, just WHY? Why that price??? I really don't get it :shrug:
+1

When I go to the Izotope site I feel like I have entered my favorite burger joint only to find that they added table cloths, cloth napkins, and doubled the price.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

When iZotope brought out Ozone "Advanced" I really lost respect for them. Supposedly with Ozone 5 we had a "professional" mastering solution but apparently not. They add T-Racks individual plugin functionality to Ozone 5 and then charge twice the price and call it "Advanced". And now a metering suite that costs $500. Talk about delusions of grandeur. :roll:

Any rapid suggestions for a great deal on Ozone 5 Advanced upgrade (from 5 standard) today? Current pricing is $399 from iZotope - Thanks
(also posted in Bargains discussion)

If anything this should be incorporated in Ozone Advanced which imho isn't worth the price either. This is just ridiculous!

AngeFragile wrote:If anything this should be incorporated in Ozone Advanced which imho isn't worth the price either. This is just ridiculous!
It is isn't it? (or at least free for Advanced owners)

I agree that asking so much for metering seems crazy

It's included in Advanced.

It's clearly aimed at pros, that's for sure.

The Groove3 tutorial spends a lot of time on loudness standards compliance.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

don1thedon wrote:Any rapid suggestions for a great deal on Ozone 5 Advanced upgrade (from 5 standard) today? Current pricing is $399 from iZotope - Thanks
(also posted in Bargains discussion)
I think $399 will be the best deal you can find for Ozone 5 Advanced this time. Being O5A includes the metering bundle Insight and many more additions to all the modules i think that's a bargain that should be taken advantage of while it last if you like what O5A offers . Audio-delux is worth checking out for a lower price but i'm almost certain that direct from Izotope is the best deal this time for O5A upgrade. My opinion is that if your interested in Insight then O5A is the best route to go because of the many other additions rather then buying Insight on its own.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

I bought Hitfilm 2 for $399. Compositing, video FX, 3D editing similar to After Effects. That's the full program not an upgrade at full price.

http://hitfilm.com/ultimate

The upgrade from Vegas Pro 12 to their Suite was only $450. I didn't need it but it included Sound Forge 10, Hitfilm 2, Production Assistant 2 and some audio tracks.

How can iZotope ask nearly the same price for an upgrade to a few extra features in Ozone 5? Some audio plugin developers are really taking the urine.

Their plugins are completely overpriced which is why I waiting until I could buy StutterEdit for a rock bottom price...and I mean loooow.
Last edited by munchkin on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The cheapest deal I found is www.jrrshop.com using coupon "YOUTUBE" (10% discount) which still comes to a total of USD$359.10. I still can't justify this price.

To me it's missing an Oscilloscope (like s(M)exoscope) to be the Ultimate Essential Metering Suite.
Cowbells!

This time I really think so...

It's not essential and it's not even good. It doesn't have enough options for the analyzer's timing, and there's a bug in the goniometer, odd main color, no oscilloscope, too expensive. The 3D analyzer with RX colors is cool though.

Return to “Effects”