When do you use envelope shapers/transient designers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

transient means "whack" whack means Drums, Transient-designer means drum processing which is a mix of a compressor expander and EQ. with the right equipement you don't need it. but it takes time to set up one.

so harware makers made a one trick box and thats all there is to it

using the SPL stuff on a vocal track will not sound good and is thus completely useless.

using the SpL is when you cannot undo a loop's Dyanmic FXs(compression) however with Plugins your drum loop or recording might not have been processed at all so u don't need it
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Multi-track loops and chopped loops i mean.

I try not to start in until after five, unless it's been a bad day.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

TD is good, but try a multi-band transient shaper (e.g. Alloy2, Mattertone etc), it'll change your life :party:

well ive got the DCAM one with that pack for $99 including the other 3 comps, i heard it was one of the best
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

IrionDaRonin wrote:I'm using Flux BitterSweet II for free.
Great plugin, i can tell.

Have a good day :)
One of the better FREE plugins available.

realmarco wrote:transient means "whack" whack means Drums
Lots of instruments have transients. Do acoustic guitars not have transients?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M. Gold wrote:
Indeed they have. I've used Voxengo's TransGainer to advantage when taming close-miced acoustic guitars (recorded up close to minimize leakage from band members).

By softening the transients with TransGainer along with carefully applied high shelf EQ, I get a much more appropriate perspective.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I use transient shaper on drum bus to add that punch and brightness without changing the image too much. it helps the drums stand out in the mix, even though I place compressor after transient shaper in the fx chain

A.M. Gold wrote:
i said WHACK not click-click

and the only point to use a Transient plugin on an acoustic guitar track would be if the track had been processed already)compressor and EQ).

u dont need it unless u dont know how to mix at all and u just get a grimmy version of a compressor preset

realmarco wrote:…and the only point to use a Transient plugin on an acoustic guitar track would be if the track had been processed already)compressor and EQ).
Well, Mr-know-it-all, I didn't realize that you were the ultimate master of mixing as well as the reigning authority on rude communication around here.

Didn't your mother teach you any manners at all?

In fact, my use of transient mod on acoustic guitars gave me exactly the result I was looking for in a particular situation. So, perhaps, there just might be several ways to arrive at a similar result, not being locked-in by an "the only point" dogma?

I'm fed up by your attitude. Consider yourself muted.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

The only " real " use I had for one was taming a ride cymbal that had too much stick in relation to the cymbal sustain. It worked - never found a suitable other use for one.

Yesterday I mixed song where the overheads of the percussions were too far away and hat very much room. The NI did a marvellous job in removing the unwanted room.

No expert here, but since the "transient master" was a free update I had to give it a whirl.......

On individual things, dunno. Still checking that out.

On "loops" it's really nice to be able to scoop out the unnecessary crud and get the beef out of it. It's a tool.

If I'm doing a mix for someone else then:
1. they are very useful for dynamic manipulation of drum/ percussion loops when you don't have access to the individual elements. I fell they are more effective than compressors in this context.
2. I use them quite often on anything in the sub bass region to reduce headroom issues.
3. They are great for getting tom drums not to eat up too much space while still punching through.
4. you can completely transform a snare sound with some channel splitting, some eq, and a transient designer. Or a multiband transient designer.

In my own work I use them most when doing percussive sound design with field recordings.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”