NI Update Transient Master & Vintage Compressors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think the whole bundle now is like $120

that's insanely good value but it's already in komplete 8 ultimate, correct?

i have komplete 8 and i got transient master for free. so if you have them you should get a email with your code to get it free

K-Slash wrote:
hibidy wrote:I don't think they come with a voucher.

Here's my absolute fave so far. Take drums, any drums, and make a buss and put the VC 160 on it. Load "sqasher" preset, mix to taste. Anyone else getting a "OH MY GOD SWEET JESUS" out of this? I mean, it seems to work every time. It can't be that good.
So, finally a useful preset on a compressor :D !
Are you confirming? :lol:

Man, I'm kinda glad I'm demoing this and kinda pissed. I mean, I can swing 115 bucks.....but.......

Anyways, I'm going through all of my live projects, some are just doodling. Adding this here "I wonder what that would sound like" and adjusting this here and thinking......

:cry:

It prolly too good to pass up :cry: Very musical so far. I admit, I'm not really into comps too much. I don't usually love them. busspressor is great for acoustic drums (especially brushed ) but I'm finding nice uses for kicks and snare too.

I'm not overly thrilled with bass and such. There was a nice ambient piano that the 76 seems to shine on (not the preset, but with a little work) Wow. Ok, back to having fun with it......

jam92189 wrote:i have komplete 8 and i got transient master for free. so if you have them you should get a email with your code to get it free
Thanks.

No it just means since i realised every single library i want uses kontakt, and i want these compressors (i think), it starts getting towards komplete price by the time you add just a couple of NI products.. so i will wait till there is some killer deal on K8

I've got the standard. I'm not going with ultimate unless there is something spectacular about K9, which is nowhere in sight.

I have a complaint though :hihi: The LA-2A needs a volume! I can't push it the way I'd like w/o clipping in the chain :x

Example, in live, you have meters per plug. Well, the LA-2A ALWAYS clips too easily. I understand that it might be the way I'm using it but seems to be nearly impossible to push the gain at all w/o clipping on the back. Not the case with the other two because.........TA DA! They have master outs :D

I guess it's me but I've always been puzzled with that, the "white" or whatever. Never really get's it for me.

I honestly think they are pretty dope so i would say komplete is pretty much all you would need

yeah an output reduction would be great on both the ik and the ni la2a to be able to really drive the input like crazy

hibidy wrote:I've got the standard. I'm not going with ultimate unless there is something spectacular about K9, which is nowhere in sight.

I have a complaint though :hihi: The LA-2A needs a volume! I can't push it the way I'd like w/o clipping in the chain :x

Example, in live, you have meters per plug. Well, the LA-2A ALWAYS clips too easily. I understand that it might be the way I'm using it but seems to be nearly impossible to push the gain at all w/o clipping on the back. Not the case with the other two because.........TA DA! They have master outs :D

I guess it's me but I've always been puzzled with that, the "white" or whatever. Never really get's it for me.
Really ?

Are you feeding it with VU calibrated levels ? I mean, -18dBFS RMS ?

The GAIN knob is here for compensating the loss, so, dunno, seems strange to me.

If you're talking about volume, using the DAW faders seems more appropriate.

TheoM wrote:yeah an output reduction would be great on both the ik and the ni la2a to be able to really drive the input like crazy
Well, you're not aware that the IK versions (White 2A and Black 76) don't distort, compared to NI versions.

So, it's useless to drive them to hell.

I'm making LOT of comments about the need for the input/output stage modeling on the IK versions, but they seem to ignore this and keep these plugins in the "average modeling" league.

Not saying that I don't like these, I'm fond of their compression behavior, but apart from that, they have no "vibe".

K-Slash wrote:
Are you feeding it with VU calibrated levels ? I mean, -18dBFS RMS ?
The GAIN knob is here for compensating the loss, so, dunno, seems strange to me.

If you're talking about volume, using the DAW faders seems more appropriate.[/quote]

I'm sure what you mean by VU calibrated levels. I mean, it's not clipping going in if that is what you mean. I know it's very few knobs I guess for me the "gain" vs "clip reduction" doesn't always jive. It's like you should have a volume at the end to be able to feed the gain to be able to have an even more squashed sound ( I like that sometimes)

Anyways, I noticed that the GR setup is quite different in looks. Also, I'm wondering after seeing one viddy if that wasn't an actual benefit of GR, as you could control the output more? I admit, just starting to learn these :oops: (Though the other two comps I'm more familiar with and thus can work with them more)

Oh god........more :cry:

The dbx emu is just BRILLIANT on bass guitar. *sigh*, I can't win :cry:

K-Slash wrote:
TheoM wrote:yeah an output reduction would be great on both the ik and the ni la2a to be able to really drive the input like crazy
Well, you're not aware that the IK versions (White 2A and Black 76) don't distort, compared to NI versions.

So, it's useless to drive them to hell.

I'm making LOT of comments about the need for the input/output stage modeling on the IK versions, but they seem to ignore this and keep these plugins in the "average modeling" league.

Not saying that I don't like these, I'm fond of their compression behavior, but apart from that, they have no "vibe".
That's interesting. I don't have my "black" loaded up here (which I WILL do tonight) but I know I've gotten some great results out of it. I can't wait to try them side by side now. :hyper:

After all these years you'd THINK I have all this down by now :x

Preliminary:

The "black" comp seems to have two advantages: a) It's will allow a ringy snare to be WAY more ringy pretty easily. b) It doesn't clip as easy.

However, THAT SAID, the softube/NI sounds better so far. W/O the dry signal (which I'm guessing is not desirable when comparing side by side) the IK sounds almost like reverb is being added. Of course it's not, but the decay of the snare though ringing, is kinda undesirable.

EDIT: as soon as open my big mouth, they DO match to some degree.......no idea why. N/M.

haha
Has anyone noticed that they screwed up the 2A meter notation?!

-5db is also taking the -3 place ... nice going Softube! :hihi:
I wonder what other pieces are loose or missing on the inside... that makes the comp mode THAT similar to the limit mode! :P

Of course I like them, especially I find the 160 lovely! .. than the 2A and the 76 last atm

...but something's very fishy about them and I hope I'll find out before I do something stupid like buying them :D

Also... the 76 release seems noticeably sluggish and it kinda works in an odd way like: 7.0 is very fast and if I move it to 6.5.. something doesn't feel right about that release I tell ya :?

It's interesting and understandable that all of these emulations sound noticeably different from another... but I bet that Softube's 1176 had it's VCA repaired a couple of times before going into the lab :hihi:

Return to “Effects”