NI Update Transient Master & Vintage Compressors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, how do these compare to similar competition products?

audiosabre wrote:Do they still click the same as before? Not interested :lol:
Yes i want to know that too. I tried their Trans shaper back then and while it was nice sounding i was off because i hated that random "click" effect.

HcDoom wrote:So, how do these compare to similar competition products?
I tried pretty much everything (including UAD and Nebula) and i liked NI version a lot. They aren't the same but these NI comps are VERY nice sounding.

These are the best 1176 and LA2A in any format at the moment, in my opinion. Just like the others though it comes all down to taste. These Softube ones have a quite mellow attack.. it's a lot smoother and less "ticky" than some of the competition.

Personally I like these very much. For 99 euros the bundle is a complete nobrainer. Extremely good value for money.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

sqigls wrote:
meloco_go wrote:
hibidy wrote::dog: :bang: :x

What up with that TASTY TEMPTING price??????????? How does someone avoid GAS with that????????? :tantrum:
Oh, so true.

But I just looked at all the compressors at my VST folder then opened my recent projects and found that out of a bunch of comps I already have I use only Glue, Molot, Blockfish and Reacomp, and decided I'd pass on that...
The Transient Master plug gave me GAS bigtime. It's CPU efficient enough, and sounds better than the SPL transient plugin (by far in my opinion). I've been running my 808 through it for the last hour and a half... YAY envelopes :P
Yeah, similar situation here. I have more compressors than I need, including the Waves SSL, H-Series, and CLA comps, FF Pro-C, etc., but this sale and the quality of this transient designer has got me seriously GAS'ing for the whole Vintage Comp bundle. Damn you NI! :tantrum:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I have the IK singles from a group buy a million years ago, I just don't have them installed yet on this computer. At any rate, I don't have a lot of comps. I have alloy, and it's pretty good (just the first version) and for buss I have busspressor (which I really like)

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I don't wanna gas too hard but I'll play around for a couple of days and see. I guess considering how I'm working these days my thought is kinda that if they are truly nicely functional, it's good to have around. NI has been VERY liberal with their resale policy of late as well. Haven't found any issues of yet though x64 so :tu: to that

antithesist wrote:Yeah, at first I didn't notice it said Softube right on the VU's.
Don't think the Transient Master is Softtube though.

aMUSEd wrote:
antithesist wrote:Yeah, at first I didn't notice it said Softube right on the VU's.
Don't think the Transient Master is Softtube though.
Ah, good point. I'm not really in the market for that one. I have the Sonnox, which is different, but fine for me. I passed on the $79 SPL last month. I also have the free SPL Attacker from a few years back, although it's locked to one machine through their older Pace C/R. I'll probably get the actual SPL at some point, or all three of the smaller ones.

Dang these guys. I may just have to go for the comps at half-price. That brings them down to my $40-ish each automatic buy for premium plug-ins trigger. PSP had been the only others to get there in recent months. It's kind of a half-brainer rationalization, I guess. Oh, there was the fxpansion dynamics deal at $70, but I passed.

If I do that, I'll be looking at the NI SSL if it's a similar deal, and back at the Premium Tube Series, as the completism kicks in. Which brings up the question: was there an intro offer for the Premium Tube Series that was lower than the current $229? I thought that was the intro, but it's still there. Thanks!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Once those go "native" or whatever term is best to describe the "non guitar rig" aspect, I'm certain they will have a deal when launched. As far as the premium's, I'm not a confident there will be a special on these because it's a new item and they are already native.

WOOOOO i am so excited! I have been umming and aaring about buying the IK white for weeks as some of you may know, and now i can get something more versatile with parallel and sidechain for 40% less!

YAYYYYY!!

Redspark wrote:I'm always a bit wary of jumping in on individual NI products, even with the big 50% savings, as they invariably end up in Komplete and I'm left with duplicates all over the place! :lol:
Just a BTW, NI has been more than generous with transfers of late. They approved me to resell many things that were not previously allowed. I see stuff in the marketplace all the time that used to be non-resealable.

hibidy wrote:Once those go "native" or whatever term is best to describe the "non guitar rig" aspect, I'm certain they will have a deal when launched. As far as the premium's, I'm not a confident there will be a special on these because it's a new item and they are already native.
Okay, so the Premium Tube Series has been $229 all along?

I have to admit that I probably missed more than half the posts about that, both here and on GS. The thread over there was epic, maybe here, too. Also, I guess people were getting it cheaper with vouchers.

Speaking of which, does this Vintage Compressors bundle come with a voucher?

I assume they'll have a $30 voucher for Christmas, like last year, and maybe a free instrument. That would at least bring PTS down to $199. If they do the updated Solid Mix Series for $114.50 like VC, I guess $428 for all nine plug-ins isn't too bad. That's about $47.50 each on average and still within my half-brainer range on a per plug-in basis.

VC's are now at the top of my BF/CM (Black Friday/Cyber Monday) list. I was thinking about some of the Eventide stuff, but I feel like that's a pass. Man, I swore I wasn't doing this, this year. Oh, well.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

hibidy wrote:
Redspark wrote:I'm always a bit wary of jumping in on individual NI products, even with the big 50% savings, as they invariably end up in Komplete and I'm left with duplicates all over the place! :lol:
Just a BTW, NI has been more than generous with transfers of late. They approved me to resell many things that were not previously allowed. I see stuff in the marketplace all the time that used to be non-resealable.
Really? Cheers :D I've got about 5 duplicate licenses already.

I don't think they come with a voucher.

Here's my absolute fave so far. Take drums, any drums, and make a buss and put the VC 160 on it. Load "sqasher" preset, mix to taste. Anyone else getting a "OH MY GOD SWEET JESUS" out of this? I mean, it seems to work every time. It can't be that good.

hibidy wrote:I don't think they come with a voucher.

Here's my absolute fave so far. Take drums, any drums, and make a buss and put the VC 160 on it. Load "sqasher" preset, mix to taste. Anyone else getting a "OH MY GOD SWEET JESUS" out of this? I mean, it seems to work every time. It can't be that good.
So, finally a useful preset on a compressor :D !

Return to “Effects”