Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have written to Izotope expressing my dissatisfaction at their upgrade pricing. Probably won't do any good but worth a shot.

I just worked it out and as a registered user of FabFilter One (which I got for free or barely anything) I can get a new copy of Saturn for less than the upgrade to Trash. Given what Saturn would add to my sonic arsenal with its massive modulation options it's a much better buy for me than upgrading Trash as pretty much all Trash 2's new features (and there's not many of them) are covered by other plug-ins. Plus I'd get on the FF discount path which, like PSPs, is pretty good.

Trash 2 - great looking product unless you already own Trash 1!

:(

Well I guess it doesn't look to good at the moment as far as the upgrade price being too close to the introductory price.. When it goes up to it's regular pricing of $ 250 then the $100 upgrade doesn't seem like too bad a deal.

Modulations in Trash are taken care of for me from my host where I can use multiple Lfo's routed to a monster list of parameters on several long lists of parameters..

I prefer to use my hosts modulators anyways as I can easily modulate the modulators, which is way cool. Like modulating the Lfo amount with an envelope or multpoint modulation sequencer..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

So, I said I'd make a quick demo last night. I made a trumpet patch, and used Trash just for a little extra "something." The melody plays four times. First is the trumpet dry. Second is the trumpet with Trash, no reverb. Third is the trumpet with reverb, no Trash. Fourth is the trumpet with Trash and with reverb.

http://soundcloud.com/kbsoundsmith/synth-trumpet

@ KBSound, sweet demo! ya I'd say I prefer the last version with the slight timbral roughness to the sound..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:@ KBSound, sweet demo! ya I'd say I prefer the last version with the slight timbral roughness to the sound..
Thanks, TwoTones, glad you liked it. I'm still working on the trumpet patch, trying to get it perfect; I'm still not quite satisfied.

For the Trash patch, I bypassed the low band, put just a touch of distortion on mids, and even less on the highs, used a filter in the 16000-20000 Hz range, and put that through the compressor. Combined with the reverb, I think that Trash helped make a more passable trumpet sound.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
chrisby wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I was working with Trash 2 last night. It's pretty full featured, I'm going for the deal for $134 at Audio Deluxe,Thanks to Simon for mentioning them. I guess that's the cheapest price right now, after the 6th of December it goes up $100, so I'm thinking hard about getting Trash 2. It's more than I need really. But I do like adding distortion to somethings, Runciter has done well up til now, but when such full implementation is available at this price, it's almost a no Brainer..

Kind of regret that I didn't get the Bundle for $499 which includes Stutter Edit, Iris+5, Trash and Trash exp, But all in all I'm getting pretty good mileage for my Sound gear money these days..
Kind of funny... just went to the site to see what their upgrade price is. They have the same "$99.00 but add to cart to see your lower price". Add to cart, check the price... $98.99. That's right, save a penny. I dunno, it just seems funny but maybe it's just 'cause it's late...
I'd call that tragicomic! A penny. I think they need to dig a little deeper into their pockets it is also thanksGIVING!

Wait 100 minus 98.99, it's not that bad at all you save a dollar and a penny. Rejoice!!!!
Actually the regular price on their website was $99.00 (at least it was last night) , so it really was only a penny. Really not complaining though, everybody's gotta make a buck... It was just late at night and it seemed funny. That's also how I know it was $99.00 and not $100.00. I kept flipping between the two prices thinking I must be mis-reading....

chrisby wrote:
Actually the regular price on their website was $99.00 (at least it was last night) , so it really was only a penny. Really not complaining though, everybody's gotta make a buck... It was just late at night and it seemed funny. That's also how I know it was $99.00 and not $100.00. I kept flipping between the two prices thinking I must be mis-reading....
Somehow I misread the price I just figured hey a 100 bucks! is a 100 bucks!

If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered AudioDeluxe customers until monday.

I'll miss this I think as I'm not flush until Tuesday.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.
They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:If you want to save a few bucks on Trash 2 AudioDeluxe is offering 15% off for registered users until monday.
They have a 15%-off offer on purchases above $99.99. Their price for the Trash2 upgrade is currently $98.99.
You could always add the Edge Expansion pack to bump it up over $100...

sockofgold wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
yup. if you want the expansion, consider it like saving no money on trash2, but getting the expansion for an extra $10 instead of an extra $30.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
sockofgold wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
yup. if you want the expansion, consider it like saving no money on trash2, but getting the expansion for an extra $10 instead of an extra $30.
I'm just looking at the price for Trash not the to Trash 1 to 2 upgrade.

Of course I can see how you were thinking I meant the upgrade as that was written about in a previous post.

Trash is really starting to grow on me. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of the presets in general, but when making my own presets, I'm finding that it's really capable of very nice, subtle effects to bring an extra layer of realism to sounds (it's ability to creatively mangle or destroy incoming signals should be obvious). I'm making new preset to use with a pitched percussion patch I'm working on, I'll try to post something later today when I get a chance.

KBSoundSmith wrote:Trash is really starting to grow on me. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of the presets in general, but when making my own presets, I'm finding that it's really capable of very nice, subtle effects to bring an extra layer of realism to sounds (it's ability to creatively mangle or destroy incoming signals should be obvious). I'm making new preset to use with a pitched percussion patch I'm working on, I'll try to post something later today when I get a chance.
I'm just flicking through patches and tweeking them. From what I can see it will do me well for alot of my sound shaping needs. I have the u-he Uhbiks, Filterscape. Valhalla Shimmer and Room. The built in effects in most of my synths are really good too, plus Guitar Rig, and Arts Acoustic CL series compressor. So I know I'm done with effects plug ins for a while. Trash seems like it's the effect that has the most fleshed of feature set of all of them, except maybe filterscape..

Since I don't have the cash to make the sale this weekend I'm still going to check out the other offerings in this type of effect as I have until the 6th of December to decide before the intro price rebate is over.

So I've download and installed:

Saturn Ohmicide, and Maul I love the Maul Demo tracks!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guitar strings played with a bouncing drumstick processed by Trash 2 - 3 band trash mode, the lower 2 bands are processed by individual custom waveshapers - the filters run in parallel mode, one does nothing and the other has a sweeping Bandpass filter. Compressor in 3 band mode, the lower bands have compression going on. Demo starts dry.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -guitar-fx

Return to “Effects”