Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought it. I have been sitting on the fence doing the "Saturn or Trash 2 or Ohmicide" dance for a while now. I decided to start with Trash 2.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I just bought it. I have been sitting on the fence doing the "Saturn or Trash 2 or Ohmicide" dance for a while now. I decided to start with Trash 2.
Congratulations..

It's a comprehensive toolset. So it will take longer to master than the other offerings, but then it will be all the more versatile in the long run. A keeper!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Gribs wrote:FYI I just put Trash 2 in my cart at audiodeluxe.com and it is priced at $128.99 (about 99 Euros).
It'll go up to $250 in 32 hours when the introductory price goes into effect. :cry:

I've secured my own Trash 2 since yesterday. muhahaha! :D
Oh, I was wondering what you might decide on; I must have missed it earlier. Congrats, Trash 2 is pretty great. I was also doing the "vs. Saturn" thing, and ultimately decided that the diverse, total package that is Trash 2 ultimately would be more valuable in the long run.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Gribs wrote:FYI I just put Trash 2 in my cart at audiodeluxe.com and it is priced at $128.99 (about 99 Euros).
It'll go up to $250 in 32 hours when the introductory price rebate is over and the regular goes into effect. :cry:

I've secured my own Trash 2 since yesterday. muhahaha! :D
Thanks for the headsup on audiodeluxe. Just saved an extra £40 off it. I was thinking £120 was a bit much for me right now, but £80 was too good to miss :D
(((sometimes along the way you get lost and end up somewhere better)))

I ended up getting mine from JRR shop for about the same.. Very happy to get in on this deal. But now I'm busted for the most part. So no big plug sales anywhere pleasea!

TwoToneshuzz wrote: But now I'm busted for the most part.
Yep, I vote devs like izotope go back to charging megabucks again :lol:
(((sometimes along the way you get lost and end up somewhere better)))

Looks like we all got it during on sale.
Any way we can save a few bucks is OK with me. :)

Seems like new December sales have started. Hmff. Well there ya go...

Audio deluxe has the iZotope stuff on sale. I'm going to just say know,

I bought Trash 2 as well, however, I checked out the Ohmicide demo... jeez, the morphing on Ohmicide is SICK!

Is there any way to get that kind of morphing with trash 2?

Man, buyers remorse LOL... when I see what Ohmicide can do with the morphing, I'm thinking it is a MUST have for sure...

Uggh, now what can I sell to get it? LOL

elipsis1 wrote:Man, buyers remorse LOL... when I see what Ohmicide can do with the morphing, I'm thinking it is a MUST have for sure...

Just get Ohmicide too, they are complementary I suppose..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
elipsis1 wrote:Man, buyers remorse LOL... when I see what Ohmicide can do with the morphing, I'm thinking it is a MUST have for sure...

Just get Ohmicide too, they are complinentary I suppose..
Man, I wish they WERE complimentary. As it stands, they're just complementary.

Sorry for being a smart-ass about this. :oops: I'm not usually that anal about language and spelling, but this is such a common mistake... even to be found in marketing blurbs. I hope you don't take offence at my correcting you.

But I do agree, they're different enough to absolutely warrant getting both (if you fancy yourself a connoisseur of distortion).

I'm an expert at typing fast and wrong. Of course I know the difference between complimentary--> to give a positive remark about something or recieve something extra in a package or along with your drink or coffee, and complementary where two or more things don't replace one another in functionality completetly but having slightly different feature sets or capabilities which can, when used together achieve a better result. Though I suspect in the case of OHmicide it's the tool to use when you are after a general good sound quality, that has liveliness as opposed to trash 2 where you want to find and tweak settings to reach just that perfect match in a specific case.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I*m a expatriate Canadian living in Denmark and I'm afraid after many years of not writing regularitly I've gotten a little rusty.
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

ariston wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:

Just get Ohmicide too, they are complinentary I suppose..
Man, I wish they WERE complimentary. As it stands, they're just complementary.

Sorry for being a smart-ass about this. :oops: I'm not usually that anal about language and spelling, but this is such a common mistake... even to be found in marketing blurbs. I hope you don't take offence at my correcting you.

But I do agree, they're different enough to absolutely warrant getting both (if you fancy yourself a connoisseur of distortion).
Yeah, feeding Ohmicide morphing into Trash2 with vocal filter LFO going and convolution is INSANELY cool :)

elipsis1 wrote:
Yeah, feeding Ohmicide morphing into Trash2 with vocal filter LFO going and convolution is INSANELY cool :)
Now that sounds like fun! :)

Return to “Effects”