Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Processing a loop of mine with Trash 2, vocal filter following envelope, automating the envelope treshold - and other stuff...
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/t ... rider-loop

Sampleconstruct wrote:Processing a loop of mine with Trash 2, vocal filter following envelope, automating the envelope treshold - and other stuff...
That's cool.

Did you use your own vocals to trigger the envelope, or is that all one loop and one instance of Trash2?

dw

dusted william wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Processing a loop of mine with Trash 2, vocal filter following envelope, automating the envelope treshold - and other stuff...
That's cool.

Did you use your own vocals to trigger the envelope, or is that all one loop and one instance of Trash2?

dw
That's all Trash, the vocal character is only created by the vocal filter reacting to the amplitude envelope of the loop.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
dusted william wrote:
That's cool.

dw
That's all Trash, the vocal character is only created by the vocal filter reacting to the amplitude envelope of the loop.
sounds great. Do you mind providing the original loop here as well so we can compare.

I'm downloading the demo right now.

dw

Been frying my brains all day with this. Mark my words: Trash 2 will become a religion!

Gonga wrote:How would you compare the sound to other distortions / overdives? Is it fizzy, or does it have mid-range balls like a Marshall cab? :hihi:

I'm a huge fan of Alloy and Ozone. Trash 2 looks very promising. Can't wait to try it.
Not sure what "fizzy" means to you but it doesn't sound fizzy to me. It simply sounds HARSH! .. didn't really look at it's balls :hihi: cause I was immediately let down by the trash module and uninstalled the plug right away.

Best sounding MB dist around atm would be FF Saturn IMO... but I'm waiting for something else because... not really sure why actually... ah yes, price would be one reason.

I don't know what Trash1 sounded like but my guesses that it sounded more or less the same.

Bass Impro (NI Jaybass) through Trash 2 with a custom preset with Convo (custom wav) through multiband Waveshaper through LFO Filter through Delay into multiband dynamics:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/trashy-bass-jam

Logic just crashed on me when trying to add a custom IR to the Library by clicking on the "Add to Lib" button in the Convo module. The Crashlog clearly states that Trash is responsible for this. I'll try again.

EDIT: Reproduced that crash 2 times now so it's a silly Bug. :(

Why do you folks prefer Trash to say ohmicide or saturn?

I'm not deep enough yet but it seems like you can model any kind of distortion with Trash 2... so does this mean you don't need another saturation/distortion plug ever??? Probably not, but it does seem like Trash 2 might keep you pretty satisfied for quite some time.

Saturn has at least one unique effect that I haven't seen anywhere else (smudge or something like that), but Trash 2 is far more fully-featured, with 2 stages of EQ (a REALLY unique set of filters and LFOs here), compression, convolution simulation of amps and cabinets, etc.

padillac wrote:Why do you folks prefer Trash to say ohmicide or saturn?
I don't prefer it to Saturn (don't have Ohmicide), it's just a very different flavor, waveshaping sounds totally different than simulated tube distortion, saturation and whatever else Saturn does. And Trash has much more on board than Saturn has (2 Filters, Delay, Convolution, Multiband dynamics).

Can't stop playing with this. Way too much fun. Getting big drum sounds by mixing in small amounts of distortion, convolution, and compression - then trying different filter shapes and blending globally with the dry signal. The mix sliders really help to keep things under control.

Plugged my guitar in and the envelope mod in the filter section with the threshold just touching for the attacks gets some fantastic sounds. Being able to shape the waveforms is such a cool feature. Imported some Red Wire cabs for authenticity but am really enjoying experimenting with some of the stranger included impulses like the mechanimals. Would be nice to be able to morph between two different impulses though - but hey can't have everything...

Nice deal at audiodeluxe. Cubase upgrade was going to be my only purchase for the rest of this year, but I think I'm going to have to get this.

@Sampleconstruct: Great sound clips!!!

evo2slo wrote:
@Sampleconstruct: Great sound clips!!!
Thank's :tu:

Sampleconstruct wrote:Logic just crashed on me when trying to add a custom IR to the Library by clicking on the "Add to Lib" button in the Convo module. The Crashlog clearly states that Trash is responsible for this. I'll try again.

EDIT: Reproduced that crash 2 times now so it's a silly Bug. :(

Is the sample big? There is an option to alter the max IR sample size - default is 44100 samples.
It's supposed to clip the sample after that, I think. Maybe it's not working right?

3ee wrote:
Gonga wrote:How would you compare the sound to other distortions / overdives? Is it fizzy, or does it have mid-range balls like a Marshall cab? :hihi:

I'm a huge fan of Alloy and Ozone. Trash 2 looks very promising. Can't wait to try it.
Not sure what "fizzy" means to you but it doesn't sound fizzy to me. It simply sounds HARSH! .. didn't really look at it's balls :hihi: cause I was immediately let down by the trash module and uninstalled the plug right away.

Best sounding MB dist around atm would be FF Saturn IMO... but I'm waiting for something else because... not really sure why actually... ah yes, price would be one reason.

I don't know what Trash1 sounded like but my guesses that it sounded more or less the same.

Trash is capable of harsh sounds, but this is sort of why i like it. If you need something more subtle for say guitars, bass etc maybe look into Guitar Rig, Amplitube etc.

Trash is more of an experimental distortion, but it is capable of great tones If you work with it.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”