Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Testing this out and it's serious fun. I am seriously in heaven with the ability to create your own distortions..

Why didn't anyone think of this before? I seen this similar waveshaping stuff in Z3TA so i guess it could have been done before.

I think Izotope made a winner here.

Played around with this and put together a track.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5140048
:borg:

lightsfadelow wrote:Nice examples Simon. This plugin is pure fun.
Cheers, it sure is, my ears were bleading a bit last night :)

V0RT3X wrote: Trash 1 only had 3 bands for multi-band distortion, but with trash 2 we have now 4 bands to mess with! It looks like you can actually really increase the amount of distortions per band.
Actually Trash 1 had four bands as well, it's just that it defaulted to three. It took me about six years before I realised you could add another band. :wink:

I'm pleased they've updated this plug-in. It was always one of the best and most versatile IMO. The compressor is surprisingly good for an 'additional feature' and I often used Trash1 as a de-esser or similar. I also always found the gate in Trash more useable than many dedicated software gates. And the distortion is great for everything dfrom subtle saturation to full-on mangling. Some really interesting algos in there too.

I'm hoping they've upped the bar on the audio quality though, a $99 upgrade price is fairly steep and you need a fair bit of bang for your buck for that. It had been so long since a Trash upgrade I was considering moving to FabFilter Saturn. Still, good to see IzoTope still behind the product even if it's a tad painful on the wallet.

ariston wrote:
the upGrade costs 99$. The other price is for non-owners of trash.
$99 Upgrade from iZotope Shop

Trash 2 Upgrade from Trash 1 €82.49
VAT 23.0%: €18.97
Total: €101.46

[101.46 euros = 129.8282 US dollars]

- - - - - -

Straight purchase from iZotope Shop at intro price

Trash 2 Full Version (Regularly $249) $149.00
VAT 23.0%: $34.27
Total: $183.27

muleskinner wrote:Actually Trash 1 had four bands as well, it's just that it defaulted to three. It took me about six years before I realised you could add another band. :wink:
I never would have know :lol:

Awesome!
:borg:

sockofgold wrote:Hey guys, just a friendly heads-up and reminder, as always with iZotope stuff, it's slightly cheaper at AudioDeluxe, even during the intro pricing:

$134.99
http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope-trash-2
...and... ordered!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Just played around with the demo a bit...

All of the modules seem to sound very good with one BIG exception!!

Even if the oversample switch is ON, the trash module... sounds like... trash! :lol: Very disappointing as I had high hopes for a new and good multi-band dist plug.

Trying to consider it as a good multi-band dynamics plug + EQ/filters + convolve and delay as a bonus.... but the sat/dist module sounds just heartbreaking IMO! :( sorry

You can still find some decent to good sounding sat/dist presets tho (but to be fair, those tend to sound good when tested with about all wave-shapers)

V0RT3X wrote:Testing this out and it's serious fun. I am seriously in heaven with the ability to create your own distortions..

Why didn't anyone think of this before? I seen this similar waveshaping stuff in Z3TA so i guess it could have been done before.

I think Izotope made a winner here.

Played around with this and put together a track.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5140048
Trash is phenomenal, but in terms of creating your own waveshaping functions, here's an oldie from the excellent Bram of SmartElectronix: Cyanide

Aloysius wrote:
ariston wrote:
the upGrade costs 99$. The other price is for non-owners of trash.
$99 Upgrade from iZotope Shop

Trash 2 Upgrade from Trash 1 €82.49
VAT 23.0%: €18.97
Total: €101.46

[101.46 euros = 129.8282 US dollars]

- - - - - -

Straight purchase from iZotope Shop at intro price

Trash 2 Full Version (Regularly $249) $149.00
VAT 23.0%: $34.27
Total: $183.27
Oy VAT! :x Grmblfjx.

So how's the cpu hit compared to v1? :-)

cpu is comparable to V1 usually, but sometimes it gets high. I think that's to do with the convolve module because without that on, it's usually around the same as V1.

I always lked Trash for the dynamics and filtering with the subtle distortions. I don't really like the more nasty distortions. I find that most of the presets are just plain nasty and I could never really use any of them. Even in the subtle category they all turn any signal to mush. But it's easy to make something amazing from scratch.

I love these guys....sweeeet trash

3ee wrote:Just played around with the demo a bit...

All of the modules seem to sound very good with one BIG exception!!

Even if the oversample switch is ON, the trash module... sounds like... trash! :lol: Very disappointing as I had high hopes for a new and good multi-band dist plug.

Trying to consider it as a good multi-band dynamics plug + EQ/filters + convolve and delay as a bonus.... but the sat/dist module sounds just heartbreaking IMO! :( sorry

You can still find some decent to good sounding sat/dist presets tho (but to be fair, those tend to sound good when tested with about all wave-shapers)
How would you compare the sound to other distortions / overdives? Is it fizzy, or does it have mid-range balls like a Marshall cab? :hihi:

This is why I plan to demo it. I tend to be very particular about distortion. I like distortion that has lots of mid-range power and no fizz, which is to say so far I've only found one plug-in that sounds good for lead synth to my ears and it's a freebie.

I have Trash 1, and have spent hours and hours with it and cannot improve on ACMEBarGig Metal C-15. IMO Trash sounds VERY thin by comparison - no balls.

I'm a huge fan of Alloy and Ozone. Trash 2 looks very promising. Can't wait to try it.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

How does the distortion/saturation sounds compare to Fabfilter Saturn?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

at this price i'll take 3 copies :roll:

Return to “Effects”