Waves OneKnob Louder FREE from Nov. 23 - Nov. 26: Expired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:I already have renbass so I don't care.
How are these similar?

Unless you're saying you already have the authorization routine down. It's not that hard, but you need their license manager app installed. Biggest problem for me is I have to clear cache & rescan my bloated Reaper VST folder to get any new Waves plug-ins to show up, which takes forever in my case (too many plug-ins, don't ask) and sometimes results in previously functioning plug-ins disappearing, requiring another rescan. :x
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

I don't think reaper is officially supported yet...
neither is renoise..
http://www.wavesupport.net/content.aspx?id=93

maybe that's why some people are having troubles.
I'm using Waves with Live.. and it's fine

as far as the license manager.. it's pretty similar to the NI manager.
I'm guessing NI servers are way stronger though..

hibidy wrote:My email says "servers are slammed be patient"

I don't know when it will get here, whenever is good enough.
I've been waiting 24 hours myself, I feel the same way :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Waves supposedly says they don't care about Reaper. :(

Luckily with the hassle of the rescan I'm able to get the plug-ins working.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

sauli wrote:
arrakeen wrote:Oh and hello, not posted on here in years.

Well after much persistence, I managed to purchase the Gold and One Knobs deal.

Everything shows fine in Soundforge... zero Waves plugins in Renoise :/

Have rescanned. Hmmm. Any ideas.
At least the Waves demos I've tried worked fine with Renoise (TransX and Renassaince Bass). Have you tried running Renoise as administrator? Could be the reason they worked, since I have it in admin mode thanks to IK plugins that require it.
Thanks Sauli, you were indeed correct!

Ran as administrator and rescanned... da da, everything appears complete.

GUI's load fine as well.

Cheers!

VitaminD wrote:No idea.. This Louder plugin doesn't load in Orion either.. the Shell does but its a single default knob :lol: gui and it doesn't effect the audio in any form.

In Reaper it loads properly however.

odd.
Hmm, not tried Orion yet. Try running Orion in Administrator :)

Doing that in Renoise at least made the plugs available - with full GUI.

arrakeen wrote:
VitaminD wrote:No idea.. This Louder plugin doesn't load in Orion either.. the Shell does but its a single default knob :lol: gui and it doesn't effect the audio in any form.

In Reaper it loads properly however.

odd.
Hmm, not tried Orion yet. Try running Orion in Administrator :)

Doing that in Renoise at least made the plugs available - with full GUI.
A One Knob just crashed in Renoise when I tried to bring up the GUI, although the control was there to be used via Renoise.

A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:I already have renbass so I don't care.
How are these similar?

Unless you're saying you already have the authorization routine down. It's not that hard, but you need their license manager app installed. Biggest problem for me is I have to clear cache & rescan my bloated Reaper VST folder to get any new Waves plug-ins to show up, which takes forever in my case (too many plug-ins, don't ask) and sometimes results in previously functioning plug-ins disappearing, requiring another rescan. :x
LOL, I'm sorry man, I meant I already have a waves account/cloud/whatever so I don't care about jumping through hoops to get registered.

Sorry bout that.

A.M. Gold wrote:Waves supposedly says they don't care about Reaper. :(

Waves DOES NOT support reaper. Totally confirmed. That's one reason I don't goo and ga over waves, they don't support everything. But renbass was worth the risk because it was like 40 bucks and I tested it for a few days first.

SSL DIDN'T work right in reaper, so, cheers for the demo! :phew:

Yea, demos good.

Man, I remember SLAMMING the "maserati" collection because of it's price (and the old waves paradigm )

Wow. 99 bucks hun? Oh no, I'm not buying it, but still......

The bass one is really nice. I have no idea what it does but it makes a lot of things sound better. I've even used it on mixes.

I'm sure it's cool. I just thought at the time it was really expensive and what used to be the "copy protection upon copy protecting" thing.

I'm glad it's killer!

hibidy wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Waves supposedly says they don't care about Reaper. :(

Waves DOES NOT support reaper. Totally confirmed. That's one reason I don't goo and ga over waves, they don't support everything. But renbass was worth the risk because it was like 40 bucks and I tested it for a few days first.

SSL DIDN'T work right in reaper, so, cheers for the demo! :phew:
That is the thing.. this is more of a marketing promotion.. a loss leader toget us into the waves shop to buy others.

But it isn't functioning with my main host (regardless of the culprit) so it isn't getting me into their store to buy anything :hihi: Plus I can't say I'm a fan of their authentication system now that I've had the opportunity to try it (again with this plugin).

In Reaper this plugin works fine for me.. and I like what it does.. it is subtle but nice.

That said, I'd probably chose other compressors if I needed one (such as the FXPansion free compressor). Much less hassle and more choice.

hibidy wrote:I'm sure it's cool. I just thought at the time it was really expensive and what used to be the "copy protection upon copy protecting" thing.

I'm glad it's killer!
I couldn't really connect with any of the other Maserati plug-ins. I didn't buy the whole bundle, but for $99 it is indeed a good deal.

Return to “Effects”