Waves OneKnob Louder FREE from Nov. 23 - Nov. 26: Expired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

highkoo wrote:
ATS wrote:
With there being only one knob, I wouldnt mind a bit more description of what turning that one knob is actually doing, but I guess I can wait, and listen.

What is 'low-level' compression in this context?
Does it just smash to -.1db or are there hidden additional controls?
No additional controls, just the knob.

I think the OneKnob series is a great idea for live performance, and for quick results its not a bad concept, but you don't learn anything.....and that's bad.

If I understand this correctly it's a compressor with auto-gain (and some kind of fixed ratio)?

Btw. this one knob filter was not bad, has a "auto bypass" if the filter is completely opened. Unfortunately it has only a LP and not a HP. But for me some of the more interesting plug-ins of this one knob series ;)

I wonder how Waves will deal with WUP on this freebie. Not that it's likely to be getting any major upgrades, but with 64-bit AAX not too far off, who knows?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

highkoo wrote:What is 'low-level' compression in this context?
Does it just smash to -.1db or are there hidden additional controls?
It does it by compressing (lifting up) low signal levels instead of hammering high levels down from above, sort of.. It's a little different even with peak limiting. Noise can be a problem with some audio.

Oh so aka an 'upward compressor'? Ive never heard that 'low level' term.
Thats great then.
I dont get it as a 'performance' tool, but thats a nice choice of a present by Waves.
ImageImageImageImage

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as upward compressor. Atleast some of those comps can't set enough threshold for low-level signals.

This is starting to sound like Imagelines Soundgooderizer...
'Cept SG does A/B/C/D :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

It sounds gooderer!?

(Sorry Waves I could be totally wrong here about your Louder plugin)

I just hope it comes with a lot of presets.

Haha Yes - 'You Wa Shock' rides again, nice!

perfect, just when I need some nice limiter!

sonicpowa wrote:It sounds gooderer!?

(Sorry Waves I could be totally wrong here about your Louder plugin)
It certainly is Betterer !! :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

so, i entered my email adress now what ;)
Finally!

Wow, it itakes so many steps to have it working :shock:
One knob only, but a gazillion registration steps :lol:
Did anyone tried it yet ? Is it good ?

cryophonik wrote:I wonder how Waves will deal with WUP on this freebie. Not that it's likely to be getting any major upgrades, but with 64-bit AAX not too far off, who knows?
The normal way I guess. Free updates for one year from now... Then pay to update the WUP.

Return to “Effects”