Waves OneKnob Louder FREE from Nov. 23 - Nov. 26: Expired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who knows why. They are not secretly selecting people I doubt :hihi: I'd certainly NOT have been on the list.

I used to be against waves because they had their own copy scheme AND you had to use ilok, but you couldn't have ilok insurance, you needed the wup. (please god, let people just understand WHY I didn't and not try to "convince" me how wrong I was :pray: )

I never have a problem with the idea of copy protection, just no need for two or more ;) Why would waves change their copy protection just because a plugin is free :shrug:

A.M. Gold wrote:Yea, process was painful, but this is def a useful plug-in. I'm happy with it.
my question (which will take installing it, I have it) is will it be useful enough to commit to using it in upcoming productions given what I already have native in samp. I'll wait another day or two and try to install it, if it goes smoothly we'll see if it's worth potential future installation issues. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

My version of REAPER ( 3.8 ) doesn't see it. Guess I'm out of luck.
Last edited by Mudcat007 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote: I never have a problem with the idea of copy protection, just no need for two or more ;) Why would waves change their copy protection just because a plugin is free :shrug:
Wait, does this Louder freebie need iLok?

no, it doesn't :)

got mine, just sayin'

pretty cool plugin. i thought it was just gonna be gain plugin.

but its actually doing compression/limiting and a little transient-shaping and some subtle EQing
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Hink wrote:
A.M. Gold wrote:Yea, process was painful, but this is def a useful plug-in. I'm happy with it.
my question (which will take installing it, I have it) is will it be useful enough to commit to using it in upcoming productions given what I already have native in samp. I'll wait another day or two and try to install it, if it goes smoothly we'll see if it's worth potential future installation issues. :shrug:
Can't say. It's a compressor/maximizer thingy with several things going on under the hood. I like it on some kinds of drum tracks, but mostly to make them a bit more "in your face". I may also use it on bass. It's too clunky to use on whole mixes, I think. Being that it's not tweakable at all (just "more, more, and even more" settings available), it's the kind of thing you have to try on your own material to know if you would keep using it.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Mudcat007 wrote:My version of REAPER ( 3.8 ) doesn't see it. Guess I'm out of luck.
a) try rebooting b) check the folder it's in c) try rescan under preferences. Sorry if you already tried those.

Phase47 wrote:
hibidy wrote: I never have a problem with the idea of copy protection, just no need for two or more ;) Why would waves change their copy protection just because a plugin is free :shrug:
Wait, does this Louder freebie need iLok?
No. What I was trying to say was what waves used to be. You used to have to use ilok.

A.M. Gold wrote:
Hink wrote:
Can't say. It's a compressor/maximizer thingy with several things going on under the hood. I like it on some kinds of drum tracks, but mostly to make them a bit more "in your face". I may also use it on bass. It's too clunky to use on whole mixes, I think. Being that it's not tweakable at all (just "more, more, and even more" settings available), it's the kind of thing you have to try on your own material to know if you would keep using it.
that's what I like about it, one knob...I have the email so I'm just waiting for the waters to calm a bit :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yea, it's not really hard. Do you have the Waves license manager thing installed? If so, you know the drill. It took them a while to add the license to my "cloud" so I could do the C/R so if it takes an extra day, don't be surprised.

I don't know how much plug-in GAS you get but the Waves demos are decent (one week unrestricted, and you can get extra weeks simply because many plug-ins appear in different bundles). You have to run through the C/R process to get the demo licenses but once you get the hang of it, it's not really time consuming.

It's worth the hassle for this plug-in, I think, if you are attracted to a simple interface like this. Waves doesn't mess around, from my experience demoing quite a bit of their stuff. They are an industry standard for good reason, IMO.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

no, I dont have it installed on my current machine...and that machine does not go online either :shrug:

Still I'll install it :tu:

Hope you enjoy. :)

They overloaded their server by making it a freeware but not accessable freely

Now anyone who tries to get it is waiting till its available to download

Lovely eh

Waves, you kinda dug a nice deep hole

evilplazma wrote: a nice deep hole
Im thinking if they climb up on top of the pile of money they made from the sales, they still might be able to crawl out. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Effects”