Waves OneKnob Louder FREE from Nov. 23 - Nov. 26: Expired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sinkmusic wrote:Wow, it itakes so many steps to have it working :shock:
One knob only, but a gazillion registration steps :lol:
Did anyone tried it yet ? Is it good ?
I would if their servers wouldnt die, proably due to high demand for this freebie, so I was unable to register it so far :lol:

at least I manager to get my sn

edit: ok, finally installed - I've never needed to spend so much time to install such tiny plugin (534kb) - this is way too cluttered.

was it worth it? I think it was, although I thought it'll be a bit... louder ;)
I might end up using it quite a lot

but this reminded me why I hated the "waves shell" way of distributing plugins so much.

edit2: it gets better - it crashed my Studio One x64 2.0.7 when I tried to add it, then it crashed my Renoise x64 2.8.1 and now... it disappeared completely from both daws, vst3 version appears in S1, but it wont load. I tried "repair" option in installer, didnt help. WTF?

Bah.
I registered a few days ago.
I got a solicitation email for this freebie today, but no s/n. I regged again just now under a different email, and got an instant reply that say servers are maxed and s/n will be sent w/in 48 hrs.
I am assuming the plug itself comes along with the serial?

I saw they added a video.
I thought 'Oh details, or something!'. Then I watched it. :lol:
Cool sales otherwise though...
ImageImageImageImage

they told me their server isn't handling the massive load very well...
and to be patient with them for the weekend.

Its getting bogged down with all the little 534kb packets. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

It's only got one knob, how hard could it be to email??? :cry:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

... got it, can't get it to show up in FL10.6 (I know about the waves + FL issues.. got it sussed for other waves pluggies) or in Sonar X1d... ior demo of Reaper 4.x... Meh, cbf spending any more time on getting it to go.
Eternitysound VST Banks

How can such a big company release product that is so hard to get working or wont scan at all?!!

Man that took a while haha- The email link was fast and the login was easy.
I eventually figured out to install the V9 pack and select the Louder from the list of individual effects.
No testing yet, loads fine in Acid Pro 7 on Win7x64 (a 64 bit version installs as well as 32 btw)

This is a quality plugin. I did a quick test this morning, and got best results by having OKLouder applied AFTER the main limiter, but then adding another limiter after OKLouder just to keep the track from clipping.

yes I also got this.. but I agree with everyone else about the installation. crap if you ask me.

I have 2 more bundles from them so installing them should be fun. lol

oh knob work flawless on mine

studio one 64 bit. 2.06 ver.

I've given up

Does it do anything else than straight limiting, or does it also feature some LF enhancement or stuff like that ?
I mean : i am already very happy with my limiter plugin, so i don't think i need *just* another limiter.
But if it has its own unique sound with some character/coloration/mojo, it can be a nice tool...

sinkmusic wrote:Does it do anything else than straight limiting, or does it also feature some LF enhancement or stuff like that ?
I mean : i am already very happy with my limiter plugin, so i don't think i need *just* another limiter.
But if it has its own unique sound with some character/coloration/mojo, it can be a nice tool...
It gives SOME "Mojo" (read: in a very subtle way).

It will NOT limit (it DOES clip :-o)

Got it. installed it. went like : "ummm... :roll:"

Then went back to "Smart...well:Max" :D (mucho fun !)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I like it... quite an intelligent compressor...I'll be using it fo sho.

highkoo wrote:Bah.
I registered a few days ago.
I got a solicitation email for this freebie today, but no s/n. I regged again just now under a different email, and got an instant reply that say servers are maxed and s/n will be sent w/in 48 hrs.
I am assuming the plug itself comes along with the serial?

I saw they added a video.
I thought 'Oh details, or something!'. Then I watched it. :lol:
Cool sales otherwise though...
...me too...two days passed...nothing receveid yet apart from marketing mails...where is my free? :roll:

Return to “Effects”