Sknote "C165a" vca compressor with saturating limiter and sidechain - Available NOW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It happens every day to me. This dangerous written channel can be heard in a million ways and somebody can look as a troll or looking for enemies and such.
Often it is just the echo of a previous bad experience keeping him upset.
Then, you speak to each one directly and nobody is the crazy or false one! :D
Dangerous forums... :lol:

Sounds amazing so far.. The dry/wet feature is fantastic on drums, smash then blend in for mega fatness :P

well for the money Ill give it a try, the demo sounds good enough and it will be an extra to the DBX160 NI version I have, the point I was making earlier was if anyone was interested in the vintage compressors at NI they are on offer while the 27th with 50% off thats around £80, not that im a salesman or anything but those things are worth £80 anyday of the week, by softube too, it works out around £27.50 a comp which is only a tenner more than sk note DBX 165 which Im gonna buy now, im glad they are different so they will be for different material or ill wait for the reverb most definitely, cheers everyone who commented, sorry for the negative feedback I didnt mean to come across as an NI salesman or something, just someone who is happy with their products and giving other people the chance to snap them up too while they are still cheap, the 1176 is as good as the FET softube compressor which costs around £250 and a dongle needed too, so I would recommend buying all the latest sk note plugs and the NI ones together for the best of both worlds.

X2 wrote:well for the money Ill give it a try, the demo sounds good enough and it will be an extra to the DBX160 NI version I have, the point I was making earlier was if anyone was interested in the vintage compressors at NI they are on offer while the 27th with 50% off thats around £80, not that im a salesman or anything but those things are worth £80 anyday of the week, by softube too, it works out around £27.50 a comp which is only a tenner more than sk note DBX 165 which Im gonna buy now, im glad they are different so they will be for different material or ill wait for the reverb most definitely, cheers everyone who commented, sorry for the negative feedback I didnt mean to come across as an NI salesman or something, just someone who is happy with their products and giving other people the chance to snap them up too while they are still cheap, the 1176 is as good as the FET softube compressor which costs around £250 and a dongle needed too, so I would recommend buying all the latest sk note plugs and the NI ones together for the best of both worlds.
yes the NI deal is good-you got me tempted.

I compared the 165a to the NI and they are quite different - although I can get the 165a to sound like the 160 - but the 160 is of course limited by its lack of attack and release. The 160 is agressive almost all the time and I find it rare I need that level of agression...With the 165a the auto mode punches the signal but doesnt create the sharp peaks (on transients) like the 160vu.

The settings on the 165a I matched to the 160 were to disengage auto and set attack at longest then have release around 50% or a bit less...then start with ratio around 50% and start smacking the signal....

Ive just paid for the Dbx 165 now and waiting for the download link so time is the case, patience is a virtue they do say. Cant wait for the EMT and really hope it lives up to the hype im hearing about it, also same with the EQ, especially at these prices, I I have to say I prefer these interfaces compared to his other sk note plug ins so stick to the winning formula quintisardo.
I wouldnt mind seeing a Neve 33604 Bus Comp and EQs like the waves V series would go down a treat as well as a harrison type EQ or ssl channel strip perhaps
because these are the kind of prices hobby musicians really take to like me, so hurry up with the download link please :hyper:

I'm still waiting for my download link, bought it over 12h ago :cry:
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:I'm still waiting for my download link, bought it over 12h ago :cry:
how long is it normally, what about copy protection?

X2 wrote:
how long is it normally, what about copy protection?
Hard to say, I bought some other Sk plug-ins too in the past and I think they came a bit faster .... There's no really copy protection, just the plug-in is personalized with you (personal build I think)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:I'm still waiting for my download link, bought it over 12h ago :cry:
No that's not possible, lost email.
Checking and sending it soon.

Bought and now waiting anxiously ;)

Sending all the pending orders now!

quintosardo wrote:Be careful, Dbx160 and Dbx165 are NOT the same thing and have NOT the same sound! And the internal limiter in Dbx165a makes it still a different thing! :)
I didn't test the NI one, though.

Rev250 could be ready next week, while the EQ1 is almost ready but I cannot say a date because these toys require some good listening time until the sound "snaps" to the convincing one and you really feel like you got the soul of the device :D
Whoa - please tell me you're not sticking with Comic Sans for the GUI on that EQ.... :shock: :cry:

Ah ah!
The upper part is keeping the font you see there because it is how the hw is made ;)

quintosardo wrote:Ah ah!
The upper part is keeping the font you see there because it is how the hw is made ;)
The hardware uses Comic Sans?

I don't know, the upper units (the EQs) use the font you see there.

Just google for MCAudioLabs website, EQ1 product :)

Return to “Effects”