Sknote "C165a" vca compressor with saturating limiter and sidechain - Available NOW

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really proud of presenting C165a, the circuit modeled emulation of a great VCA compressor with internal peak limiter.

The compressor features an "auto" mode that manages time constants for an easy, smooth and effective compression.

The VCA compressor is great for immediate punch and smooth sustain, on percussive and sustained tracks and on full groups/mixes.

C165a is equipped with an internal (switchable) limiter which is very effective for increasing rms, controlling peaks and, when pushed hard, adding a nice saturation for creative effects.

C165a includes a "sidechain unit", which comprises sidechain filters (low, mid and high frequency ranges) and a sample-aligned mix knob for easy and precise parallel compression.

A three-led meter gives control on the unique extra-smooth compression knee, while an input/output/gain needle meter gives control on the resulting compression.

Having quite some fun with this one.

Available now on www.sknote.it

Congratulations! I know lots of people have been waiting for this, especially you
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Yes, that's right, thanks :)

quintosardo wrote:Yes, that's right, thanks :)
Okay I am eager to try it out! Check your emails!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Great news, Quinto :)

congrats quinto
real good comp

dave

If the peak limiter doesn't sound like ass this ain't a true emulation!

It is really bad if you want ;)

The compressor can be switched off and the limiter used as a drive...

quintosardo wrote:It is really bad if you want ;)

The compressor can be switched off and the limiter used as a drive...
Haha nice! :D

Some fun on drums

http://youtu.be/_zIbTSFFH2s

Okay, got to use it right now.

This compressor is... how do I put it? It is gorgeous. This has got to be one of the nicest compressors I've ever used. I am certainly passing up on NI's trio after using this.

I don't know what else to say other than I am really, really impressed with how good this sounds.

I want to say it sounds analog.

The threeband side-chain filter is so useful too.

Bravo, best $30 I've spent in a long time.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Just wanted to bump this.
SKnote are totally under the radar, undeservedly.

Circuit modelling is the 'in thing' at the moment and at this price and quality everyone should be aware of this Dev.

Spread the wordz
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Just wanted to bump this.
SKnote are totally under the radar, undeservedly.

Circuit modelling is the 'in thing' at the moment and at this price and quality everyone should be aware of this Dev.

Spread the wordz
and the demo is where?

No demo available but you can get a refund if you don't like the plug-in. I bought it! Now waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox ... Quinto for sure makes some of the best plug-ins around and with an unbelievable price
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:No demo available but you can get a refund if you don't like the plug-in. I bought it! Now waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox ... Quinto for sure makes some of the best plug-ins around and with an unbelievable price
so now I understand why so little interest about these plugs...like previous poster stated...
sorry-I lost my interest,too,no matter how good they are or how low the price is /or what refund policy/...there is simply NO apologies for no demo policy and if the dev dont want to gain more interest its his decission but its pure nonsense to write here that "SKnote is undeservedly under the radar" :(

Return to “Effects”