Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio Devil is having a Summer Kick-off sale...you can get the following plugins at discounted prices until June 30th, 2013...

Bass Amp Pro $59 (normally $99)
www.studiodevil.com/products/virtual_bass_amp_pro

Virtual Tube Preamp $69 (normally $129)
www.studiodevil.com/products/virtual_tube_preamp

Amp Modeler Pro $79 (normally $149)
www.studiodevil.com/products/amp_modeler_pro

If you were holding out, here's a great way to get started with VTP!
Hope you guys enjoy your summer!
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
Studio Devil Virtual Tube Amplification
www.studiodevil.com
"Desire Analog...Embrace Digital!"

We're back to work on the free update to VTP...switchable second stage and output pad are planned:

Hope to have something for July!
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

StudioDevil wrote:We're back to work on the free update to VTP...switchable second stage and output pad are planned:

Hope to have something for July!
Finally !

Looks way cool. Hope it does sounds cool too isn't it ;) ?

Wow great news, can't wait to get my hands on it ! :D
So two stages will bring twice the effect or is it more complex than that ?

EDIT : Marc, do you think it can be possible to add a DRY/WET knob ? I would like to have a parallel processing. Soundtoys' Decapitator offers this option and it can be very interesting with this kind of unit.

Just purchased 8)
+1 for dry/wet

Endor-8o8 wrote:Wow great news, can't wait to get my hands on it ! :D
So two stages will bring twice the effect or is it more complex than that ?

EDIT : Marc, do you think it can be possible to add a DRY/WET knob ? I would like to have a parallel processing. Soundtoys' Decapitator offers this option and it can be very interesting with this kind of unit.
Two stages means you can select one stage, which is like VTP is right now, or two stages which adds a second stage.

The second stage adds much more gain, and symmetrical clipping...and also a bit more complex interaction, since the plate of the first tube stage will drive the grid of the second tube stage, and this interaction can produce unique effects.

In short, you will have a preamp that can REALLY distort heavily.

I like the idea of a dry blend...perhaps that can happen, if not now maybe on a future revision of the product. Thanks for the feedback!
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

StudioDevil wrote:The second stage adds much more gain, and symmetrical clipping...and also a bit more complex interaction, since the plate of the first tube stage will drive the grid of the second tube stage, and this interaction can produce unique effects.
Which is a first it seems, right ?

I mean, first plugin to reproduce that behavior faithfully.

K-Slash wrote:
StudioDevil wrote:The second stage adds much more gain, and symmetrical clipping...and also a bit more complex interaction, since the plate of the first tube stage will drive the grid of the second tube stage, and this interaction can produce unique effects.

I can't really speak for other plugins, but I can say that VTP does indeed faithfully reproduce the grid coupling and loading effects.
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

StudioDevil wrote:
K-Slash wrote:

I can't really speak for other plugins, but I can say that VTP does indeed faithfully reproduce the grid coupling and loading effects.
Sounds like something worth checking out.

I'm also really fond of the the BASS and TREBLE controls. Sounds real good. Seems like you have some nice equalization algos ;).

Here we go again, dreaming about a faithful tube-powered mastering EQ in the native plugins world :love: !

VTP 1.1 is available for beta testing now.

Anyone who is interested is trying a copy, please contact support@studiodevil.com
and ask to get a copy of the VTP two stage preview.

Feedback on the new design is great...it's much easier to balance the input/output levels for A/B comparison testing, and the two stage mode adds more grit and unique non-linear behavior.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it and your suggestions for improvements before we release it!

Thanks!
Marc Gallo, Ph.D.
www.studiodevil.com

*edit*

are there any estimates as to when the new version will be publicly available?

also, any estimates on new ampsims? :-) i'd love to get my hands on those!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:are there any estimates as to when the new version will be publicly available?

also, any estimates on new ampsims? :-) i'd love to get my hands on those!
Agreed !

It's almost Automn... will there be a sale (similar to the wonderful summer sale that I somehow missed) to "warm" up our up-and-coming cold nights ?... maybe "Auto(mn) Gain-Reaction" ? :)

Tp3 wrote:It's almost Automn... will there be a sale (similar to the wonderful summer sale that I somehow missed) to "warm" up our up-and-coming cold nights ?... maybe "Auto(mn) Gain-Reaction" ? :)
Great price at AudioDeluxe...

Return to “Effects”