Studio Devil Virtual Tube Preamp

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy,

The newest member of the Studio Devil family of virtual tube amplifiers is here: VIRTUAL TUBE PREAMP! Now ALL your tracks can benefit from the natural warmth and compression that only a virtual tube amplifier can provide!

$99

After discount...

Too much for me I'm afraid.

Gotta say that's almost a $99 GUI, though. :)

but seriously, worth a try. Direct competition would probably be the Wave Arts one, which is priced similarly (and is outstanding, but a CPU hog par extraordinaire).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Log in to account to download demo. Too lazy, may have account, may not. Never mind... :?
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

That's kinda steep considering the price for the bass/guitar sims.

Some of these companies really price themselves out of the market. Then they wonder why they don't sell truck loads of 'product'.

I'll give it a go at some point but it will need to be something very special for me to part with 'only $79!' :) How lucky am I with that price???

$129.00 = sheer madness imho.

Yeah, the price is more than I'd wish it to be, too. That said, AMP is still my favoritest ever quitar-related plug. Quality stuff, and you sometimes still need to pay for quality, even these days where we're spoilt for choice.

Gonna d/l and test this weekend and likely buy it if it has the magic.

I'm wondering how much goodness it might impart as a front end for other plugs like Amplitube, or even the not-yet-released HeadCase.

I tried it... It's quite nice. But I still prefer the Wavearts (despite its high cpu).

Robmobius wrote:I tried it... It's quite nice. But I still prefer the Wavearts (despite its high cpu).
I haven't gotten motivated enough to [search for password...try to log in...download], but my take is this is the exact reason this simple tube model and two band EQ is priced this way---i.e. it's supposedly going into extreme modelling accuracy territory, much like the Wave Arts one does.

Tested it tonight, without a doubt one of the best tube emu out there.

If you haven't already, go get it, worth more than the price IMHO.

I prefer it over the Wave Arts one, but subtly.

Both are in the same league :).

I like the eq. control I get with the Wave Arts. This one has a few advantages, such as much lower CPU usage, and scroll-wheel support.
Sounds quite good so far.
esoundz name: Helio

Most often it's easiest to test a plugin on a main mix or bus mix. But VTP works really well on individual tracks (in fact that's what it really was intended for, but there are no rules here).

Here's a really cool trick we've been playing with: Sounds really cool with two in series...try adding one VTP feeding a second...you get more gain and more symmetrical clipping. Really adds some nice stuff to kick, snare, vocals, just about anything.

Also, a lot of guitarists are using it as a front-end booster to a guitar amp sim! It works great for that, too!

Have fun with it and we're loving all the positive feedback!
Thanks!

Marc

any opinions on how this compares to Nick Crow Lab Tube Driver? I like the sympathetic EQ curves on the Studio Devil but the drive of both seem similar...

Is it oversampled?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Return to “Effects”