TesslaPRO mkII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BTW, "keeping the compressor off" can be done with the "Range" knob set to zero (fully to the left), no ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I did not know of this trick! Maybe i should have spent more time with it to notice that there was a difference with just on/off..

Thanks guys!
:hug:

The problem with TPmkII is that gain staging is tricky. one has to be very specific in order to "get in the zone" (utilizing input/output from/to the plug).

But man, when you ARE in the zone... you are IN THE ZONE :hyper:

It took me a lot of experiments... but now I am there. one can get SO MUCH color with TesslaSE\TesslaPROmkII\BootEQnkII\NastyLF(and HF)\ThrillseekerLA(and XTC).
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Can somebody post some examples of the "desireable results" you are getting with this plugin?

I have a hard time getting much out of it. I think I am doing something wrong.

Can somebody post some audio of Tessla saturating some drums, for example?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

TesslaPro works subtly on a track, so you have to listen carefully, on a decent monitoring system. However, if you put it on multiple tracks you will be able to hear it working more easily, especially if you can then them all on/off at once. If you want to hear it better on a track or drum buss, just turn the drive all the way clockwise, feed it louder buss [put a gain plugin in front of TesslaPro and boost like 12-18dB], but first of all turn the "out" to at least 9 o'clock so you will avoid damaging your ears or equipment. You will hear TesslaPro's saturation in all its glory. :D

The weird thing is that the "boost" button should act like putting a gain pot in front of TesslaPro and boosting the audio +3,+6,+9, and +12dB, but for me all it does is boost the VU meter, not audio. Correct me if I'm wrong... in the manual it says "boost" is for boosting the audio, not just VU meter readout. :-/
Last edited by DuX on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Can somebody post some audio of Tessla saturating some drums? I can't get much out of this plugin. When I boost input a lot, it doesn't sound that great.

Is it really a better algorithm, or does it just do very little to the audio, and avoids sounding bad because of that?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Didn't you just read what I posted, @midnight? When I was a teacher, I would probably use the expression "sitting on your ears". :D Put a gain plugin in front of TesslaPro and feed it a really loud audio, so you will be able to hear how it works. You can use the default preset, but turn the "drive" fully clockwise, and turn the "out" down a little bit.

If you feed it really, REALLY loud audio, then you can hear "boost" button working, too, now I noticed.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I did read what you read.

I dont see any links to audio. I want to hear the supposed great saturation this plugin does. Drums are a great candidate for saturation.

I want to hear this plugin saturating some drums. I did it myself, I didnt think it was that great. You apparently think the plugin is good. I want you to post your good results for me to hear and evaluate.

Cheers,

This plugin is awesome at adding some harmonics to damp material (like synth kicks) but I would've expected it to have an input gain knob.

You probably noticed that adjusting the "boost" to +12 doesn't really sound like +12dBs, too, nineofkings?

When I feed it +12 from an external plugin, that sounds like +12dB. I'm not sure why is that.

ThrillseekerLA is far less subtle [just the interstage saturation, I mean], but it is meant for a different purpose. You could put TesslaPro even on a master buss, I suppose. Not that I've tried that, though. :D

DuX wrote:ThrillseekerLA is far less subtle [just the interstage saturation, I mean], but it is meant for a different purpose. You could put TesslaPro even on a master buss, I suppose. Not that I've tried that, though. :D
Yes, I get better saturation out of ThrillseekerLA as well, and was hoping TesslaPro mkII was basically going to be the same kind of saturation, just much more configurable. But on the whole, it seems to be a far more subtle effect.

@midnight wrote: I dont see any links to audio. I want to hear the supposed great saturation this plugin does. Drums are a great candidate for saturation.
Tessla is not your average saturator and I use it (almost) only on drums, and it can do one hell of a job. It's one of those "you don't hear it until you turn it off, subtle but not subtle" plugins, it's great for adding definition and shaving 1-2-3dB of the peaks in without nasty, dramatic and obvious soft clipping or compression (I think I have some simple 808 loop somewhere that could be used as showcase), so it's coloration and not exactly saturation tool (but as I said, i can shave of some dBs off peaks in great way). BTW, when you start to hear distortion it means you've gone way too much with it, and some times it simply doesn't work (I've used only Tape and Tube colors so far, rest becomes nasty way too soon fro my ears).

+10 at least, Urosh. yep! That's it. I like the [default] British Console emulation. Tube sounds good too. Tape is too much for my ears. Smears everything too much.
Last edited by DuX on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuX wrote:Didn't you just read what I posted, @midnight? When I was a teacher, I would probably use the expression "sitting on your ears". :D
:hihi:

What's funny, too, is that I'm also one of those "ADD" types who got quite often accused of "sitting on his ears". :hihi:

Completely off-topic, I think ADD is not a disease, nor a psychological problem. It just is - you. It's a trait, or not. :hihi: For example, I get ADD when I watch or do something that I don't like, but I get really attentive when I do or watch something I do like. ADD? not really... just a good/bad "filtering". A DC filter on "shizz". :lol: Filtering unnecessary info in favour of the needed info kinda thing...

Return to “Effects”