TesslaPRO mkII

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@midnight wrote:Can somebody post some audio of Tessla saturating some drums? I can't get much out of this plugin. When I boost input a lot, it doesn't sound that great.

Is it really a better algorithm, or does it just do very little to the audio, and avoids sounding bad because of that?
this is a skeleton i had laying around! the first part tpmk2 is on the second part tpmk2 is off. its just to give you an idea of what it can do. its set up with +18 gain going in tpmk2 an -18 make up gain after tpmk2.

https://soundcloud.com/user581715010/tpmk2
Last edited by wsaidah on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tp3 wrote:BTW, "keeping the compressor off" can be done with the "Range" knob set to zero (fully to the left), no ?
Ah yes - Range - now i see it over there, didn't notice, thanks...

DuX wrote:What's funny, too, is that I'm also one of those "ADD" types who got quite often accused of "sitting on his ears". :hihi:

Completely off-topic, I think ADD is not a disease, nor a psychological problem. It just is - you. It's a trait, or not. :hihi: For example, I get ADD when I watch or do something that I don't like, but I get really attentive when I do or watch something I do like. ADD? not really... just a good/bad "filtering". A DC filter on "shizz". :lol: Filtering unnecessary info in favour of the needed info kinda thing...
I feel 'ya, man. I hate the whole "A.D.D." thing too. Humans have not evolved to take in all the information that we get. The internet is like hyper info city!

If I had ADD I couldn't read gear manuals cover to cover. And I couldn't put up with some musicians or business-type clients that come through my studio.

Really like TP mkII, especially the tape setting'which I many times prefer over more complex tape algorithms/plugins. I just wish their was a clear and proper gain staging built into it, especially the ability to lower incoming signals to get into that zone where TP mkII works best, the "sweet spot".

The way it works now I often have to use an additional gain staging plugin.

Return to “Effects”