Plugin Alliance Christmas calendar

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:I think it was replaced by something
Odd that it's still for sale all the same. Maybe an oversight on their part.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

From Facebook.

Plugin Alliance: bx_hybrid was not part of the X-Mas promo... sorry.

sonicpowa wrote:
alexfalcao wrote:The entire Calendar is open today...
https://plugin-alliance.com/en/index.html
Great! Did you buy Character?
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/xmasc.html?door=8
(of course you did :D )
Not yet (I Had a big Christmas expense), but I will, they gave a chance until January 1st.

I have also CPU problems with the SPL Twintube 1.5.1 and the Power button does not work. I can only load 1-3 Twintubes and my CPU is maxed out. Also when I stop my DAW the CPU maxes out because of the twintubes. What a crap... Not buying.

satak wrote:I have also CPU problems with the SPL Twintube 1.5.1 and the Power button does not work. I can only load 1-3 Twintubes and my CPU is maxed out. Also when I stop my DAW the CPU maxes out because of the twintubes. What a crap... Not buying.
Well, I suggest mailing support to increase the pressure. I already got an answer, but, given the holidays, I'm expecting a bugfix in January at the earliest. It wasn't a deal-breaker for me, cause I mix and freeze anyway.

Apparently from today on, you get the chance to buy the missed deals again...
How stupid I feel for watching the deals every day the last 2 weeks :)

Then again, I missed the Character and Maag EQ4 deals, so I just ordered them.
Damn you PA for making me open my wallet again! :)

antithesist wrote:
kylen wrote:
antithesist wrote:Remember that DSM is/was Paul Frindle's work, and is probably less "in house" than most or all of the other products.
I was kinda of wondering about that, now that DSM is part of the 'Plugin Alliance' how independent he remains? IOW what changes, if any, did Paul need to make to join the club? Haircut, shined shoes, new code library... :hihi:
Man, I don't know. There's probably at least a secret handshake. My understanding is that Michael Massberg, who formerly had his own short-lived yet excellent Conspiracy plug-ins, is the main coder. I believe he works with Dirk, SPL, Elysia, etc. I guess Character is another one that came to the Alliance already developed, so to speak.

Regarding Boom: I think you can do the same thing with the brainworx dynamic EQ. There might be a preset and that may be where it came from. If so, I'd think that would be more adjustable, but also more expensive. This is from a vague recollection of something I read and could be totally wrong, too.

Thought i would weigh in --> Paul Frindle built DSM, I've talked to him extensively about it.

twoohfour: Of course, I assumed that was common knowledge and didn't mean to imply otherwise. I meant less "in house," at this point. I assume, that at the very least, the PA copy protection had to be shoehorned in there by Paul, Michael or both. That said, I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the actual product, even though I followed the early threads about it on GS.

twoohfour wrote: Thought i would weigh in --> Paul Frindle built DSM, I've talked to him extensively about it.
What can you tell us?

Yeah, how about when they are going to fix the curve issues????????? :hyper:

bmanic wrote:It's the bMS, short for bManic System. :hihi:
Man, you should ask Aleksey Vaneev's permission to use this as yours... :) (although he owns both the acronym AND the plug...:hihi:)

I've known you were using this system, like, forever... but only recently have I come to use this method.

This is DA SHIZ. it is power for da people :shock: it gives one SO MUCH flexibility (it also nullify a lot of plugins...)

Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR, fella ! :tu: :wheee: :band:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Whew, I thought about it for a long while and finally decided to pick up the MAAG and StereoMaker today.

I've got almost all their stuff now I used almost all of it every session. I'd really like the Saturator.

One thing I noticed is I can just make the adjustments I think are needed in a track and move on, I rarely have to fiddle around and I don't get that nagging feeling that something is "off" or not sounding right like I often do with other plug-ins, which I usually go back in the end and replace.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:One thing I noticed is I can just make the adjustments I think are needed in a track and move on, I rarely have to fiddle around and I don't get that nagging feeling that something is "off" or not sounding right like I often do with other plug-ins, which I usually go back in the end and replace.
Yup, that's my experience as well.
Just put them on the track, twiddle a little, done.

This bloody promotion of theirs cost me an arm and a leg, but everything I tried the Maag and the Vertigo on instantly gave me better results than any other plugin I've been using and hailing over the last years.

As strange as it might seem, especially to someone like me who's seen and heard (and believed and used) just about all there is in plugins and their respective marketing blurbs, these PA plugs really hold up to their promises and "make my mixes sound more professional".
They're not just "up to Par" with the Waves and IK T-RackS stuff or others in that dimension, but they're really in a different league. Don't know how they do it. But it works. :shrug:

I've spent an insane amount of money because of this deal, and I have yet to regreat a single Cent.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

But if you think about it

1) These prices were actually really good
2) How much money we spend on plug-ins that don't really give us what we expect
3) How much a set up like that would cost you if you bought the hardware they replicate so well (arguably)

$120 Vertigo or a $6000 one instance Vertigo? How about the Passeq and Alpha? Not cheap!

Not to mention you could never get all that gear past the wife, she'd say "I am sure that big blue one with all the lights wasn't there before!"

1) I think they are emulating some really good new gear first of all, not simple circuits and vintage gear, but top flight compressors like Alpha Mpressor and Vertigo and Eq's like the Maag and SPL.

2) They know how to make distortion and saturation that sounds good, I don't like most distortion and saturation out there, Softube is one that I don't really like that much for example. They are edgy but clean.

3) They're stuff is pretty easy about gainstaging so its hard to screw up with them (the exception being Maag), and finally

4) They 4X oversample, and whenever I've had the option to oversample highly (The Glue, The Squad) I've noticed great improvement.

They also have nice easy to use GUI's (the exception being Maags stupid little trim control)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
4) They 4X oversample, and whenever I've had the option to oversample highly (The Glue, The Squad) I've noticed great improvement.
Vertigo ain't oversampled !!

Return to “Effects”