Plugin Alliance Christmas calendar

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kylen wrote: I think of this contraption the bmanic-matrix :hihi:
That's how I found out how to do it waaaay back.
It's the bMS, short for bManic System. :hihi:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Liero wrote:Same setup, no problems with 10+ instances.
Liero - one more question. Does your 'Power LED' turn off/on TwinTube?
Mine doesn't in Reaper or CBudde VSTAnalyzer. The manual says when you click the 'POWER LED' you can turn TwinTube on or off.

kylen wrote:
Mine doesn't in Reaper or CBudde VSTAnalyzer. The manual says when you click the 'POWER LED' you can turn TwinTube on or off.
Ah... so it IS supposed to work? It doesn't work over here, either.

ariston wrote:
kylen wrote:
In Live and on a Mac, the power light is always on. I can't turn it off.

dusted william wrote:
ariston wrote:
kylen wrote:
Great, thanks folks. I've got some bad voodoo going on over here. Not only can I only put 2 or 3 instances on a track before the audio begins to stutter but even if I put 1 instance in a totally new Reaper v4.31 project with 1 stereo audio track and 1 FX insert, play audio, stop, click the TwinTube Power button a few times, the cpu indicator in Reaper for TwinTube creeps up to 350% in about 5-10 seconds, actual hardware cpu is only 55% or so. [Win 7 32bit, TwinTube 1.5.1]

I put a ticket in with Plugin Alliance suport but it seems to be something on my side from what I seeing here (good thing). Plugin Alliance replied that they would get back to me but it could take a minute or 2 because '...we have 10's of thousands of customers worldwide...' :lol:

kylen wrote:Plugin Alliance replied that they would get back to me but it could take a minute or 2 because '...we have 10's of thousands of customers worldwide...' :lol:
Plus, they're on German time, so don't expect an answer until Wednesday or so.

Let's hope they can fix it ASAP. Not the only bugs they have to contend with, by all accounts.

in my experience, they either probably need a bigger support staff to handle all the bugs.

dw

kylen wrote:
dusted william wrote:
ariston wrote:
kylen wrote:
Great, thanks folks. I've got some bad voodoo going on over here. Not only can I only put 2 or 3 instances on a track before the audio begins to stutter but even if I put 1 instance in a totally new Reaper v4.31 project with 1 stereo audio track and 1 FX insert, play audio, stop, click the TwinTube Power button a few times, the cpu indicator in Reaper for TwinTube creeps up to 350% in about 5-10 seconds, actual hardware cpu is only 55% or so. [Win 7 32bit, TwinTube 1.5.1]

I put a ticket in with Plugin Alliance suport but it seems to be something on my side from what I seeing here (good thing). Plugin Alliance replied that they would get back to me but it could take a minute or 2 because '...we have 10's of thousands of customers worldwide...' :lol:
I'm having similar issues with Ableton Live on Windows 7 32bit.

I've been testing the plugin out on a small project, only one instance on a Synth VST track. What I find is that if no signal is going through the plugin i.e. the program is not playing or there's gaps between notes the processor shoots up to 350% percent but comes down when a signal is passed through it.

Also the power switch/light on the GUI doesn't switch on/off.

People seem to be having similar problems with different systems (pc/mac and different DAW's) and others seem fine, strange.

Haven't tested multiple instances yet either.

Otherwise a nice plugin :lol:

kenobi77 wrote: I'm having similar issues with Ableton Live on Windows 7 32bit.

I've been testing the plugin out on a small project, only one instance on a Synth VST track. What I find is that if no signal is going through the plugin i.e. the program is not playing or there's gaps between notes the processor shoots up to 350% percent but comes down when a signal is passed through it.

Also the power switch/light on the GUI doesn't switch on/off.

People seem to be having similar problems with different systems (pc/mac and different DAW's) and others seem fine, strange.

Haven't tested multiple instances yet either.

Otherwise a nice plugin :lol:
Oh...I guess I can stop uninstalling stuff from my DAW now :hihi:
This TwinTube is really fine in the bMS matrix we discussed earlier, I had something ready for a wrap - the master sound was big, beautiful, Inflated (like I thought Sonnox Inflator should have sounded like), vibrant , alive, and bang 350% stutter...my heart is temporarily broken... :oops:

I might try to change soundcards - don't ask me why - gotta try something. It might be something down low...

Nope, it's not your fault. I have the exact same problem. Didn't notice it when demoing the plugin. Now that I've used it in a few tracks the problem really creeps up on you. Massive 350% CPU spikes whenever there is no signal going into the plugin.

Isn't this typical denormal problems of some kind?

Anyhow, going to email PA about this as well. I really hope Plugin-Alliance don't turn out to be a company with great but very buggy plugins. Anybody know their resale policy and how easy/problematic it is to sell these in case I get frustrated with them?

Cheers!
bManic

bmanic wrote: Anybody know their resale policy and how easy/problematic it is to sell these in case I get frustrated with them?

Cheers!
bManic
They have a manual transfer policy with a fee, below is from the FAQ on the website

"You can sell your plugins, but they need to be transferred manually from your account to another one.

There will be a fee per plugin sold, similar to what you pay to transfer an ilok auth.

Please contact sales support for assistance and pricing of transfer fees."

The also have a section for known issues, but nothing mentioned for SPL Twin Tube. Are you, and anyone else with the cpu spike problems, running a demo license? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the running as a demo? :?

Nope. Just purchased it. Same problem with full version. There's no different download as you can just authorize the demo version.

kenobi77 wrote:
The also have a section for known issues, but nothing mentioned for SPL Twin Tube. Are you, and anyone else with the cpu spike problems, running a demo license? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the running as a demo? :?
No, mine's fully authorized.

ariston wrote:
kenobi77 wrote:
No, mine's fully authorized.
Mine's fully authorized also. I tried uninstalling TwinTube, rebooting, reauthorizing. No Help...

I had 2 instances when testing the demo and didn't notice anything... :shrug:

This happy Christmas Sale thread has turned into a Plugin Alliance beta tester society. Hello, let me introduce myself, I beta tested plugins for Plugin Alliance this Christmas [at a discount!]... :help:

bmanic wrote:I really hope Plugin-Alliance don't turn out to be a company with great but very buggy plugins. Anybody know their resale policy and how easy/problematic it is to sell these in case I get frustrated with them?

Cheers!
bManic
They are pretty good where transfers are concerned.
The buyer pays a transfer fee directly to PA($20 if I remember correctly)
The transfers are done very promptly.

Return to “Effects”