What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've tried contacting these guys a few times over the past year or so and got no replies, so I started to accept that the company was dead. Now, I see that they have replaced their website with a new "coming soon" one, but all mention of their products are gone. Anybody heard any inside info, rumors, unfounded speculation, or blatant lies about what's going on with Eiosis? My understanding is that Fabrice is now working with Slate Digital, right?

http://www.eiosis.com/comingsoon.html
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Do you mean this bunch? [mod edit: Link to pirated downloads deleted. Don't post such things here.]

Never heard of them until I stumbled across your post here. Their plugin's GUIs look very interesting to me -- I like those; however the FX appear to be nothing I can't live without. Somewhat mundane. Just sayin'.

I'll venture a guess that they are a struggling little outfit/company that is making an effort for a comeback or maybe just trying to hold it all together right now. Says Argentina on the web page there.

Cheers and good luck with this.

Yep, that's the company. Yeah, the products that they offer (e.g., de-esser, transient designer, EQ) may seem a little mundane, but their versions of these plugins are all top-notch. I hope they are doing something to revitalize the company, update their plugins to 64-bit, AAX, etc., and maybe even bring out some new plugins.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

The Eiosis guy is the Steven Slate guy. No idea what's up with his website.

I own many of their plugins and sent them an email 3 months ago asking about updates or x64 support - no reply :(
Cowbells!

Aloysius wrote:The Eiosis guy is the Steven Slate guy.
Wait, what?! I thought Fabrice Gabriel was the Eiosis guy and he went to work for Slate a few years ago. Are you saying that they are the same person, or did Steven Slate also work Eiosis? I'm confused. :help:

cryophonik wrote:Wait, what?! I thought Fabrice Gabriel was the Eiosis guy and he went to work for Slate a few years ago. Are you saying that they are the same person
Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXnad5DwZ4Y

Aloysius wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Wait, what?! I thought Fabrice Gabriel was the Eiosis guy and he went to work for Slate a few years ago. Are you saying that they are the same person
Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXnad5DwZ4Y
Very interesting! So what does this all mean for the future of Eiosis plugins? Hmm
Cowbells!

A very long time ago I did manage to get a reply to the 64 bit question. Fabrice was happy enough that his 32 bit (Eiosis) plugins would work with a bridge. I didn't manage to get any more information than that. It really was a very long time ago.

How does their vocoder: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/els_vocoder_by_eiosis compare to other ones?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:How does their vocoder: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/els_vocoder_by_eiosis compare to other ones?
Personal taste. I'm sure there are old threads at KvR about it.

Right now however, that's a bit like asking which Kjaerhus Audio Plugin is the best. I don't see a download page or a user area at Eiosis at this time.

Best wait to see if Eiosis really does comes back to life first. As a long time user, I'm aware that nothing at all has been happening at Eiosis since Biblical times (metaphorically speaking).

A page that says 'coming soon' means feck all to me at the moment.

Fabrice Gabriel is busy with a bus compressor for Slate Digital at the mo, not sure if he still does any work for Eiosis. Fabrice is like the Albert Einstein of vintage analog effects machine emulation. keep an eye on him.

The Telenator wrote:Do you mean this bunch? [link to warez removed]
WTF is this shit?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Kaboom75 wrote:Fabrice is like the Albert Einstein of vintage analog effects machine emulation. keep an eye on him.
He's a good programmer. Saying he is the "Albert Einstein of vintage blah blah blah" is a bit disrespectful to all the other people doing a lot of hard work in the field, like the Cytomic guy and the Valhalla guy and the U-he guy and the Tal guy and the UAD guys and the Waves guys and the Studio Devil guy and the Relab guy and the Sknote guy and the Softube guys and the Ik guys and the Xils guys and the Dcam guys and the well you get the picture...
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The Telenator wrote:Do you mean this bunch? [snip]
Uhm...
Cowbells!

Return to “Effects”