What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That would be pretty silly if it doesn't work as a simple standalone. I got rid of all hardware due to space and now they want me to clutter another USB port and have more junk on my desk just for *1 EQ*? Don't think so.

I agree with Cryophonik; it says "controller", so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. :)

dalor wrote:That would be pretty silly if it doesn't work as a simple standalone. I got rid of all hardware due to space and now they want me to clutter another USB port and have more junk on my desk just for *1 EQ*? Don't think so.
I *think* the idea behind it is that, if you use AirEQ as your primary EQ on most of your tracks, the motorized controls automatically move to reflect the settings as you click through each track/instance of AirEQ. Otherwise, yeah, it seems like overkill for just a few instances of AirEQ (but, pretty cool overkill nonetheless!).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

After what they did to owners of their vocoder (which I still stand by as sounding great) I'd never give them another dime, no matter how good their new software was.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:After what they did to owners of their vocoder (which I still stand by as sounding great) I'd never give them another dime, no matter how good their new software was.
What did they do? Abandonware?

I have the vocoder and it works great, no issues here.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

cryophonik wrote:I *think* the idea behind it is that, if you use AirEQ as your primary EQ on most of your tracks, the motorized controls automatically move to reflect the settings as you click through each track/instance of AirEQ. Otherwise, yeah, it seems like overkill for just a few instances of AirEQ (but, pretty cool overkill nonetheless!).
Even if it might only be for 1-3 instances or something, I think Eiosis (with eventual backup from Slate - we don't know at this point) is taking a huge risk in trying to "mate" the software realm with the hardware realm yet again.

The Raven concept is a prime example. SOme other tools like the MS-20 (Korg) kind of failed, the Neuron VS failed, and plugin wise, barely anyone touched that ground.

So I think, the idea is basically to offer a device that you can plug into your rack (mastering desk for example), but get all the benefits of a PC/Mac.

Now... if this is an optional device as well, rather than a "needed one" (no futher info yet, it seems), then it's even better. People who want "touch experience", can get it. Those that don't need it can use the software only.

So... as of this moment, we can only speculate. But if there's "more" behind it, even better. Though in the end, I think it's just "for convenience" and an item of luxury.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Goseba wrote:I have the vocoder and it works great, no issues here.
Yeah, but what if you need to re-download it? They ditched it from their website, and that was a long time ago. That definitely feels like a f*ck you to their customers (I'm one of them, by the way).

RichN wrote:
Yeah, but what if you need to re-download it? They ditched it from their website, and that was a long time ago. That definitely feels like a f*ck you to their customers (I'm one of them, by the way).
https://eiosis.zendesk.com/home

I think almost all of the d/ls are there.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

http://64.207.176.82/

Staged version of the website, I guess... found it in the Eliosis NAMM thread on GS.

Support leads to the zendesk thing I posted above.

antithesist wrote:
RichN wrote:

Everything except the eLicenser AirEQ it seems :(

aMUSEd wrote:
antithesist wrote:
RichN wrote:

Everything except the eLicenser AirEQ it seems :(
Yeah, I don't get that.

I was also hoping to be able to upgrade to the new version but not if they are only offering iLock versions now

aMUSEd wrote:I was also hoping to be able to upgrade to the new version but not if they are only offering iLock versions now
aireq is my only Eliosis product.

I have about $180 in it from the group buy.

We aireq licensees are supposed to get the new "standard" version for free.

I'd imagine it will be ilok2... hopefully with two assets like VBC, Omnipressor, etc.

The new pricing has come down to $179 Standard and $259 Premium.

I'll probably upgrade to Premium.

The controller seems to be months (years?) away, doesn't interest me that much, and will probably be very expensive: $1500 to $2000 is mentioned in the video.

So, just give me my new Standard plug-in, and let me upgrade to Premium at a discount ($50?).

Yep there really needs to be a *very* generous upgrade path for existing Eiosis/AirEQ customers... I still use the old one on most projects, and the Eiosis vocoder is still my goto vocoder plugin after all these years...

Return to “Effects”