What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote:In Steven's defense with regards to the FG-X. He has stated time and again that if anyone is having problems with distortion or any strange artifacts that he would be more than willing to help by analyzing the tracks and then recommend solutions and tips for the right settings. Can't be fairer than that...
Will he do it though?

He made promises to me years ago about Steven Slate Drums. He eventually did ... nothing. I was fobbed off for ages. I was told it would happen imminently. Eventually, he was just ... too busy.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Save your money guys...someone on GearS just wrote and I can confirm that you can achieve the same type of curve (water) with ddmf IIEQpro which costs only 39$ :lol:
Same thing possible with this new EQuilibrium...
Please read what Dave from DMG generously wrote:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ost8876010

Trying to sell us some Air ha Fabrice? :D

It does seem like DMG have stolen Fabrices thunder with EQuilibrium... with a lot less marketing hyperbole! Although Dave did also tease his new eq (admitedly to the already converted) a bit. Anyway it's a big market just look at MacD's and B'King...
Mmmm! Just read the thread regarding Fabrice patenting air. Seems like the lawyers over at the Slate/Fabrice command center are digging their heels in... Or is Donald Trump the new business manager? Either way. Thank goodness for people like Dave:)
I will say that both Slate and Eiosis make great sounding plug ins, it's just that the breast beating isn't always necessary ... Enthusiasm is one thing but it seems more than that at times.
Last edited by kelvyn on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Selfik wrote:Save your money guys...someone on GearS just wrote and I can confirm that you can achieve the same type of curve (water) with ddmf IIEQpro which costs only 39$ :lol:
Same thing possible with this new EQuilibrium...
Please read what Dave from DMG generously wrote:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... ost8876010

Trying to sell us some Air ha Fabrice? :D
Well I have the IIEQ Pro and I don't think you can get the same curves as AirEQ...

I've had the AirEQ since it came out. Love the gui of the new one. It's got that Avalon classy look written all over it. The AirEq was comfort food for having to sell my hardware Avalon years ago.
I've used the Eliosis EQ only a handful of times until recently using it to help master a cue and liking the results. Now I want the new AirEq version after becoming reacquainted with the old one IF a free update but I'm not spending anymore for a premium version. I'm about eq'd out and compressed out as far as spending anymore big bucks buying the same things over and over again. It's becoming redundant.I've got tons of both and I think I've gotten to the point of saturation. I mean if I buy 50 more eq's and compressors I probably won't sell any more tracks than I am now at least not because of them. I've got (arguably) most of the popular plugins. Some are getting a little long in the tooth age wise but still doing the job.Now some are just "Vintage plugins" just another selling angle for "old"
I'm going to force my "gotta get the next big thing plugin" syndrome mentality into remission so I can start saving to finally upgrade my main workstation to better handle all this stuff I have.

I'm not Fabrice, and Slate Digital and Eiosis are two different companies.. just like Fabrice has no stake in Steven Slate Drums brands..

But I'm a big supporter in Fabrice's efforts and think the AIR EQ is a beautiful plugin, and I'm glad he's gone back to it and updated it. I think you'll find that AIR EQ makes it very quick and easy to get the sound you want.. turn a knob, turn the slider to customize the unique curve, and mix.

Regarding Slate plugins, since they've been a theme here.. we are in the process of porting to a new solid 64bit framework which will all be free updates of course. This has NOT stopped due to new product development.. we're talking about two different teams here. So please understand we have not 'forgotten' about our previous releases.. On the contrary we've spent a huge deal of money on this new framework to ensure that they are rock solid in 64 bitville!

If anyone ever has issues or needs help with settings of our plugins or hell.. even someone else's plugins, just email me at slate@stevenslate.com and I'd be glad to chat and help.

Cheers,
Steven

Slate wrote:I'm not Fabrice, and Slate Digital and Eiosis are two different companies.. just like Fabrice has no stake in Steven Slate Drums brands..

But I'm a big supporter in Fabrice's efforts and think the AIR EQ is a beautiful plugin, and I'm glad he's gone back to it and updated it. I think you'll find that AIR EQ makes it very quick and easy to get the sound you want.. turn a knob, turn the slider to customize the unique curve, and mix.

Regarding Slate plugins, since they've been a theme here.. we are in the process of porting to a new solid 64bit framework which will all be free updates of course. This has NOT stopped due to new product development.. we're talking about two different teams here. So please understand we have not 'forgotten' about our previous releases.. On the contrary we've spent a huge deal of money on this new framework to ensure that they are rock solid in 64 bitville!

If anyone ever has issues or needs help with settings of our plugins or hell.. even someone else's plugins, just email me at slate@stevenslate.com and I'd be glad to chat and help.

Cheers,
Steven
Thanks for that, Steven! :tu:

Any word on the new AirEQ?

:hyper:

bduffy wrote:Any word on the new AirEQ?

Have you seen this?

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... oller.html

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
bduffy wrote:Any word on the new AirEQ?

Have you seen this?

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... oller.html

Holy shitshack! That was unexpected. Wow.

I will not be able to afford that (and would I want a dedicated, specific-EQ-only controller, really?) but that looks amazing!

bduffy wrote:Holy shitshack!
I stumbled across that around 2:00 am last night while watching the Australian Open and surfing the web, and I think I screamed out the same thing. :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
bduffy wrote:Holy shitshack!
I stumbled across that around 2:00 am last night while watching the Australian Open and surfing the web, and I think I screamed out the same thing. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

It seems kind of strange to hold up development for such a niche hardware item (if indeed that's what happened). Maybe he thinks it will help sell it, make it more like a dedicated hardware EQ...

That's a big shiny dongle

Hm... if it's a hardware/software hybrid (meaning: hardware n the first place, and being able to control the software as well) - then it might definitely be useful to some.

It could also clear, why the beta testers turned silent...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Hm... if it's a hardware/software hybrid (meaning: hardware n the first place, and being able to control the software as well) - then it might definitely be useful to some.
The PT Expert link says:
This is a hardware controller for the AIR EQ with a difference, its fully motorised !
Also, it says "Controller" on the front panel, so I would assume that it doesn't work as a standalone EQ.

Return to “Effects”