What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still ......................... coming .................................. soon! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Endor-8o8 wrote:I would enjoy the return of Eiosis cause I want to buy the AirEQ...
Thats the one EQ i would actually buy. (with all the great free ones out there that sounds more or less like the expensive ones i mean)

I HOPE AirEQ comes back to life soon!

meh there are other options for "air" now.. don't worry about it.

TheoM wrote:meh there are other options for "air" now.. don't worry about it.
Havent seen any that sounds even remotely similar. Please advice.

Ok to me the SPL passive eq and the Maag eq are the finest eq's i have ever used for high end. In fact, between them i would never ever use anything else when i want to add air. That's my OPINION though so please don't shoot me for it.

Also, doesn't it hurt how Fabrice's new ego and plugins have destroyed his support for the plugins that are the ones that allowed him to even HAVE this career with slate? Sorry but i get annoyed when people forget where they came from.

I personally experienced shockingly bad support with the deesser when eiosis were in THEIR PRIME, so yes i'm bitter, admitted.

That said, i own 3 slate products as i like them, so regardless of anything else, if i believed air eq to have the best high end boost i would still say so.

TheoM wrote:Ok to me the SPL passive eq and the Maag eq are the finest eq's i have ever used for high end. In fact, between them i would never ever use anything else when i want to add air. That's my OPINION though so please don't shoot me for it.

Also, doesn't it hurt how Fabrice's new ego and plugins have destroyed his support for the plugins that are the ones that allowed him to even HAVE this career with slate? Sorry but i get annoyed when people forget where they came from.

I personally experienced shockingly bad support with the deesser when eiosis were in THEIR PRIME, so yes i'm bitter, admitted.

That said, i own 3 slate products as i like them, so regardless of anything else, if i believed air eq to have the best high end boost i would still say so.
Thanks. I have tried the SPL one, but not the Maag yet. Even if the SPL did nothing for me at all, i can see many people liking it.

I do understand you bitterness (!), im totally with you on this.

I actually dont want to adore AirEQ as much as i do because of this. Im still looking for something else that can replace it for me.. but as said, still havent found anything similar.

Side note on favorites tho, mine are the SonEQ and DDMF 6144. Which is the best for me atm. Still looking for something with a bit more "nasal "sweetness to the tone, like the AirEQ.

Gonna check Maag out..

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/thrills ... y-of-sound

air on this EQ is quite good as well for an EQ plugin and its free incidentally

+1 on the Maag.
It's been an enlightenment to me since I bought it.

Slate, to me, has been an utter disappointment.
The drums are not worth the attention and the really interesting one, the Trigger, is still not x64. It's 2013 now. The first consumer x64 Windows came out 10 years ago.
But can I sell it? No, because they charge a ludicrous transfer fee ON TOP of the iLok fee, which nearly makes it cheaper to buy it new.

And talking about support... whew.
Takes them weeks to reply to my mails, and the answers are usually not very interesting. Always something like "That's the way we do business" or "No, we don't care".
I'm not even asking strange things, just sort-of "is x64 planned" and "how do I transfer it".

Oh boy, if that's how Eiosis are going to be run from now on, then I'm bloody glad I've bought into the Plugin Alliance rather than this lot.

There are more important things to a plugin than a developer's name.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

But, he has a symbol, like Prince. Kidding aside, his tunes aren't bad, either (though not at all my cup of whatever they drink in France, Europe).

That's good to know about the SPL and Maag. I put the skids on anything over about $40 a plug-in after I got NI's VC and PTS, and the Lex Total Bundle, though.

Plus, my money is on Dave Gamble's upcoming DMG Uber-Q (my code name) to mop the floor with all the competition.

I do still have about 180 2006 US dollars in Eliosisound aireq native. I'll be interested to see what kind of upgrade path, if any, there is for that.

steffensen wrote:
TheoM wrote:Ok to me the SPL passive eq and the Maag eq are the finest eq's i have ever used for high end. In fact, between them i would never ever use anything else when i want to add air. That's my OPINION though so please don't shoot me for it.

Thanks. I have tried the SPL one, but not the Maag yet. Even if the SPL did nothing for me at all, i can see many people liking it.

I do understand you bitterness (!), im totally with you on this.

I actually dont want to adore AirEQ as much as i do because of this. Im still looking for something else that can replace it for me.. but as said, still havent found anything similar.

Side note on favorites tho, mine are the SonEQ and DDMF 6144. Which is the best for me atm. Still looking for something with a bit more "nasal "sweetness to the tone, like the AirEQ.

Gonna check Maag out..
ok i agree about son eq's high and am bummed he won't do a 64 bit. it's the best freebie for boost around. that said we obviously have similar taste and i feel you might be missing something on spl, if you could humour me and give it another go? the key is with the spl, in contrast to *almost* every other plug in around, that more IS more.. crank it.. hard. try the mono iteration at first to only deal with one set of freq's to minimize the memorizing of qhich freq's sound sweetest. anyways best of luck in your search! cheers, T

p.s i found the 6144's high a tad harsh, so i guess we also disagree lol.

chokehold wrote:+1 on the Maag.
It's been an enlightenment to me since I bought it.

Slate, to me, has been an utter disappointment.
The drums are not worth the attention and the really interesting one, the Trigger, is still not x64. It's 2013 now. The first consumer x64 Windows came out 10 years ago.
But can I sell it? No, because they charge a ludicrous transfer fee ON TOP of the iLok fee, which nearly makes it cheaper to buy it new.

And talking about support... whew.
Takes them weeks to reply to my mails, and the answers are usually not very interesting. Always something like "That's the way we do business" or "No, we don't care".
I'm not even asking strange things, just sort-of "is x64 planned" and "how do I transfer it".

Oh boy, if that's how Eiosis are going to be run from now on, then I'm bloody glad I've bought into the Plugin Alliance rather than this lot.

There are more important things to a plugin than a developer's name.
I'll have to check out Maag even though I'm quite happy with Redline EQ's high shelf filters.

As far as Slate Digital is concerned, that hasn't been my experience with them at all. Support gets back to me within 24 hours during the working week and answer my questions pretty thoroughly.

The TRIGGER drum samples kick ass, its transient detection is spot-on and the reason it's not 64-bit is probably because it's on the iLok 1. They're probably porting it to iLok 2 which takes time but makes 64-bit possible. Don't get made because you purchased a 32-bit plugin and now want it to magically become 64-bit.

The license transfer fees do suck, agreed. Like I always say does Ford or [insert car company here] get a cut when you sell your car? No. So how the heck can software companies get away with this garbage?

chokehold wrote:Slate, to me, has been an utter disappointment.
Whaaat? :shock: I use Trigger x64 since it's released. And love my Slate Drums. Only some Toontrack expansions can compete with SSD4 in sound quality land. IMO.

A new AirEQ version is coming.

4damind wrote:A new AirEQ version is coming.

WTF !! Can't wait... :D

That's nice! I still use Air EQ in almost every mix nowadays (though I bought Equality / Equick too), hopefully existing customers will get a nice discount :)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Return to “Effects”