Abbey Road/Waves REDD Console Channel Strip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MickGael wrote:My initial impression is to note the differences between this and NLS (which are interesting).
Compyfox wrote: I don't understand why this was overlooked. Unless the CS plugin can of course be used on a MONO channel (which I hope), but then the GUI is a waste of space.
Just LOL. Worst kind of forum people, talk and know nothing.

HcDoom wrote:
MickGael wrote:My initial impression is to note the differences between this and NLS (which are interesting).

Just LOL. Worst kind of forum people, talk and know nothing.

Excuse me?
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Same here. :shock:

iain_morland wrote:Mono versions of both plugins are included
Is the GUI one channel in this case, or "stereo channel" with one channel greyed out? Unfortunately, no screens available.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
iain_morland wrote:Mono versions of both plugins are included
Is the GUI one channel in this case, or "stereo channel" with one channel greyed out? Unfortunately, no screens available.
One channel, with a switch to select between the characteristics of two modelled channels (which are similarly selectable for each channel of the stereo versions).
Sound design, audio editing, and instrument programming for UVI Workstation and Falcon/MachFive
http://www.iainmorland.net

ZINO wrote:They think that the "60's" and "70's" will keep the cash flowing for them effortless.
Unfortnately ZINO dude and something I can not stand personally is the amount of people (people that mostly just listen to music casually) stuck in the seventies and sixties. Sad bastards sucking up way too much rose tinted nostalgia every bong rip or even worse those whom were not even born/around then but will always insist they were the greatest of times. Just IMO and 2 pence FWIW. It might be a good plug-in but I'm passing on the shit attachted with those glorious times :shrug:

Dean

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
ZINO wrote:They think that the "60's" and "70's" will keep the cash flowing for them effortless.
Unfortnately ZINO dude and something I can not stand personally is the amount of people (people that mostly just listen to music casually) stuck in the seventies and sixties. Sad bastards sucking up way too much rose tinted nostalgia every bong rip or even worse those whom were not even born/around then but will always insist they were the greatest of times. Just IMO and 2 pence FWIW. It might be a good plug-in but I'm passing on the shit attachted with those glorious times :shrug:

Dean
edit: nevermind
Last edited by @midnight on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

there are mono versions included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MblzdzWp5YM

@midnight wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:

Dean
@midnight wrote:I'll rather listen to Pink Floyd "Animals" or King Crimson "Red" over any of that Lamb of God garbage you like lol...

*straps on his double kick pedal*

dugadugadugadugadugadugadugadugadugaduga

"RWAHHHARWWWWAAAAHRRRWAAAAAAHHHHH"

*screech guitar*

*more double kick pedal*

dugadugadugadugadugadugadugadugadugaduga

:lol:
You forgot the abuse of pinch harmonics and uber generic breakdown/beatdown sections :dog:
@midnight wrote:edit: nevermind
Oh you realized that it was not aimed at any band or genre/style of music nor many/most people I know that work with/on audio on a daily basis. Rather the mindset of a bleating flock that believe 1979 was the last year any album worth sitting in thier collection was released. 8) There are plenty of albums, heck even complete discogs by bands from the decades mentioned above in my own record collection: Imagine that :shock: horror!!!
Lamb Of God wrote:Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered
\m/ :wink:

"Some people have different taste in music than me, and that makes me mad!"
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

You must get mad very often and really easily. Go you

Just saw the mono version (thanks for the video).
Still a waste of space - but at least more logical!

I just hope the price stays as low. But I think 199USD is an intro price, and 359USD will be the final price. Like most other Abbey Road plugins. Definitely steep for a 2-band channel strip.

Can someone of the demo users in here please post the values of the crosstalk? I'm curious how strong that one is (stereo channel). Thanks.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

@midnight wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:

Dean
edit: nevermind
Ditto.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

So this went abruptly from an announcement of a plug-in emulation of an old British console to a...crass music-era-and-those-who-like-it bashing bonanza.

Ooooooo kay....
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

As Compyfox said: post some findings instead of beating the dead horse and bashing each other... to make his words more clear for the KVR crowd. lol
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Anyone know any details behind the two boards that were actually modeled...as stated by Waves...the Kravitz 37 and the 17 "owned" by Abbey Road Studios?
I'm just curious about the refurbishing of those vintage boards. They would have to have been rebuilt at least a few times since they were built in the '50s.

I guess like with 'boutique" guitar amps, old construction styles of electronic components have been available to hobbyists for some time now. So I guess there are ppl that actually recreate the original "Siemens" components...for example.

For those who are wondering...the materials in electronic components deteriorate over time, thus changing the sound characteristics as they age. This 'aging' is most prominent with capacitors, which are solely responsible for passive EQ circuits and in the US they themselves were called 'filters' at that time.

I'm sure Kravitz had his restored cause I believe I read that he uses it to record with.
Wondering if the REDD 17 has been restored as well?
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Effects”