Abbey Road/Waves REDD Console Channel Strip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

17 is not oversampled.
35-71 (or whatever model)> The eq section is oversampled (or using impulses)> correct curves and phase response near nyquist. Not sure about the drive though.

How big is the cpu hit? And write what processor you have. :)

sunny_j wrote:17 is not oversampled.
35-71 (or whatever model)> The eq section is oversampled (or using impulses)> correct curves and phase response near nyquist. Not sure about the drive though.
What gives you the impression, or what did you do in order to prove this?

HcDoom wrote:How big is the cpu hit? And write what processor you have. :)
Intel Core i7, I think I had a CPU hit of 2-3% per instance. But I can't confirm this, was not my rig.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

EeePC with i7?!
Finally!

EeePC 900 in WLAN, i7 as studio rig, comfy couch at the friends place.

Ideal testing parameters. :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:What gives you the impression, or what did you do in order to prove this?
1- The fact that 17 does not have latency, while 35-71 does.
2- The fact that when you input the latency compensation in the vst analyser, you can see the shapes of the filters.

:p

sunny_j wrote:
Compyfox wrote:What gives you the impression, or what did you do in order to prove this?
2- The fact that when you input the latency compensation in the vst analyser, you can see the shapes of the filters.

Another dead giveaway would be a steep filter at/around nyquist frequency. If you see that in the anlayzer, you're looking at the anti-aliasing filter.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Another dead giveaway would be a steep filter at/around nyquist frequency. If you see that in the anlayzer, you're looking at the anti-aliasing filter.
yup, that too :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
sunny_j wrote:

Another dead giveaway would be a steep filter at/around nyquist frequency. If you see that in the anlayzer, you're looking at the anti-aliasing filter.
I've got to check that again.

But "no latency" doesn't necessarily mean that there is no internal OS involved.

A famous programmer once told me "you can only have two out of three, not all three at once: low latency, oversampling, low CPU usage".

I don't think, that (as prime example) Variety of Sound dropped internal OS in one or two of his tools in favor for zero latency. Same with SKnote and Slate Digital (fairly low to zero latency, strong OS, high CPU usage). It is possible these days, and modern rigs pretty much compensate that anyway. Unless we talk about Dynamic Volterra Kerneling. :hihi:

I stopped using VOS plugins, since he stopped using OS.

OS'ing is not the end all be all in digital processing. You can create quality plugins without OS'ing and some dev's figure out how. In fact Paul Frindle is a big proponent of this ideology. He gets it done without resorting to OS. Not to mention, measuring so called aliasing is not as black and white as it seems. FET is limited. You can check out all of these perspectives including Paul's on OS over at GSlutz.

TMaudio wrote:OS'ing is not the end all be all in digital processing.
That is true, but why use these when you've got other higher quality plugins, no?

Cheers !

sunny_j wrote:
TMaudio wrote:OS'ing is not the end all be all in digital processing.
That is true, but why use these when you've got other higher quality plugins, no?

Cheers !
Sorry sunny_j I didn't quite understand what you are asking.

i didn't ask anything. :D

You had a question mark at the end of your sentence.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Effects”