guitareffectVST: VST Port of Rakarrack *UPDATE*

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This will not install for me on Windows 7 32 bit running as a standalone install on my triple booting intell first gen I mac which also runs Ubuntu Studio and Snowleopard.
I can run rackarack fine in Ubuntu so can confirm what a great piece of software Rackarack is two of its effects are particularly of interest to me Coil Crafter which is a pick up emulator and Convolvetron which allows user presets and into which I can load my own Guitar impulse responses.

Guitar zyx has also captured my imagination but I can not get that to install on my machine either but will persevere as it seems very much ahead of its time given it was developed back in 2010.

For now the VST port for this is running out of road for me Racarrack is a fantastic piece of work and deserves the respect of a proper clean up of the VST port, no doubt a lot of work went into to getting it to where it is but it is actually in its existing state unworkable in my experience and will be beyond the ken of the majority of folk who might try to use it.

In Summary Racarrack = 11 out of ten awesome, this VST port close but no Cigar i'm afraid.
roger

rogerglewis wrote:This will not install for me on Windows 7 32 bit running as a standalone install on my triple booting intell first gen I mac which also runs Ubuntu Studio and Snowleopard.
I can run rackarack fine in Ubuntu so can confirm what a great piece of software Rackarack is two of its effects are particularly of interest to me Coil Crafter which is a pick up emulator and Convolvetron which allows user presets and into which I can load my own Guitar impulse responses.

Guitar zyx has also captured my imagination but I can not get that to install on my machine either but will persevere as it seems very much ahead of its time given it was developed back in 2010.

For now the VST port for this is running out of road for me Racarrack is a fantastic piece of work and deserves the respect of a proper clean up of the VST port, no doubt a lot of work went into to getting it to where it is but it is actually in its existing state unworkable in my experience and will be beyond the ken of the majority of folk who might try to use it.

In Summary Racarrack = 11 out of ten awesome, this VST port close but no Cigar i'm afraid.
Might want to tell me what kind of Host you are using and what kind of error message you are getting?

:)

Hi,

I am using the latest Reaper 32 bit edition in Windows 7 installed on an Intel I Mac my interface is a Motu Traveller. I triple boot my Mac into Snowleopard Windows or Gnu/Linux using refit, so its reaper on the Windows partition of my harddrive.
I do have my Motu traveller working with Gnu/Linux now thanks to FFada so I can use racarrack in Ardour with my full home studio set up.which is very handy. but I am hoping to use the VST port to use rackarack with a pro Audio V Machine .

Hope that helps let me know if there is anything I can do I think its a great idea and would be a fantastic addition to the VST arsenal would be nice to be able to use regardless of what ever part of my system I am booted into at the time.

On Error messages there are not any of those the option appears for selecting as VST in the FX menu and all that appears is an animated prism, no Racarrack

Cheers

Roger :)
roger

rogerglewis wrote:Hi,

I am using the latest Reaper 32 bit edition in Windows 7 installed on an Intel I Mac my interface is a Motu Traveller. I triple boot my Mac into Snowleopard Windows or Gnu/Linux using refit, so its reaper on the Windows partition of my harddrive.
I do have my Motu traveller working with Gnu/Linux now thanks to FFada so I can use racarrack in Ardour with my full home studio set up.which is very handy. but I am hoping to use the VST port to use rackarack with a pro Audio V Machine .

Hope that helps let me know if there is anything I can do I think its a great idea and would be a fantastic addition to the VST arsenal would be nice to be able to use regardless of what ever part of my system I am booted into at the time.

On Error messages there are not any of those the option appears for selecting as VST in the FX menu and all that appears is an animated prism, no Racarrack

Cheers

If you have installed it correctly(copy all the dependency DLLs into where Reaper.exe is installed), it will have the name by guitareffectVST not rakarrack. And I think that's it since you have mentioned "no Rakarrack"...

EDIT: oh wait... animated prism? I think you need to update your driver for Videocard or integrated video chipset. :) My plugin uses OpenGL for GUI so if you have low version of OpenGL driver it will not run correctly. Hope that helps.. :)
Last edited by pensaku on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sounds like the video driver. I will try open GL and see how that helps, being windows 7 on the intel I mac things like I sight drivers do not work, as I have not used Boot Camp but Re fit.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how I get on.
roger

rogerglewis wrote:Sounds like the video driver. I will try open GL and see how that helps, being windows 7 on the intel I mac things like I sight drivers do not work, as I have not used Boot Camp but Re fit.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how I get on.
I have reviewed my code but I couldn't find any of drawing Prism code in my codes. My other trash codes has this drawing prism codes. Maybe you have downloaded wrong files from my github. If so, download it from this thread.
https://github.com/jinjuyu/guitareffect ... r?raw=true

:shock:

Will do :)

I downloaded and tried several but i'll give this one a go this evening.
Thanks
roger

rogerglewis wrote:Will do :)

I downloaded and tried several but i'll give this one a go this evening.
Thanks
Oh oh and don't forget to read INSTALL section in README file. :)

I read all that was provided and followed it to the letter for what I downloaded. The Video library question is not something that I considered. Most regular computer users would struggle to install what is available to download, your own notes acknowledge that you intended given the time to tidy things up a little.

I will let you know h0ow I get on for your information the file you recommend above is one I already downloaded and installed so it would suggest the video driver may help. I'm not sure why it would but I will give it a go.

Thanks for your help,

Roger
roger

rogerglewis wrote:I read all that was provided and followed it to the letter for what I downloaded. The Video library question is not something that I considered. Most regular computer users would struggle to install what is available to download, your own notes acknowledge that you intended given the time to tidy things up a little.

I will let you know h0ow I get on for your information the file you recommend above is one I already downloaded and installed so it would suggest the video driver may help. I'm not sure why it would but I will give it a go.

Thanks for your help,

Roger
I admit it's pain in the ass to download for none computer savvy users but well that's my limit.

Ignore video card driver thingy and I'm pretty sure you have downloaded wrong DLL files from my github.

I think you have downloaded VSTGLExample.dll and confusing that file with my plugin. VSTGLExample.dll exactly does show colorful prism.

Delete everything you downloaded from my github and only use what is in the guitareffectVST-0.2.7.rar.

Video card driver won't help unless you have correct files.

Hope it works!

Hi,

My graphics card is a radeon x1600 and therefore downloading open gl beyond version 2.00 is now unsupported I did download the AMD file as suggested in a forum link I found but that has not helped I am only getting the VSTGLExample.dll in the menu for FX in reaper and the prism even though I have downloaded and re downloaded the file linked below and deleted everything else before relocating the files to the designated folders. I.e Dependancies to the .exe folder for Reaper and the VST to the plugins folder.

I will have another go but as I have already followed all the steps to the letter already several times it may well be the version of opengl I am using.

Writing this on the Gnu/linux ubuntu Studio partition of the same machine which runs racarrack beautifully with full functionality with my MOTU traveller, as I have said before the PORT you have done is very exciting to me as I want to use it with a SM Por audio V Machine controlled by an FC300 as wellas include it in my Tonefreqhz, Raspberry Pi and Beagle board project. and the most exciting project presently being the CUBIE board,

http://www.exp-tech.de/Mainboards/Cubie ... Board.html

Thanks for your help, I am very grateful for your ported version even though I have not got it working yet I appreciate the effort you have put into it.

Best Wishes,

roger

rogerglewis wrote:Hi,

My graphics card is a radeon x1600 and therefore downloading open gl beyond version 2.00 is now unsupported I did download the AMD file as suggested in a forum link I found but that has not helped I am only getting the VSTGLExample.dll in the menu for FX in reaper and the prism even though I have downloaded and re downloaded the file linked below and deleted everything else before relocating the files to the designated folders. I.e Dependancies to the .exe folder for Reaper and the VST to the plugins folder.

I will have another go but as I have already followed all the steps to the letter already several times it may well be the version of opengl I am using.

Writing this on the Gnu/linux ubuntu Studio partition of the same machine which runs racarrack beautifully with full functionality with my MOTU traveller, as I have said before the PORT you have done is very exciting to me as I want to use it with a SM Por audio V Machine controlled by an FC300 as wellas include it in my Tonefreqhz, Raspberry Pi and Beagle board project. and the most exciting project presently being the CUBIE board,

http://www.exp-tech.de/Mainboards/Cubie ... Board.html

Thanks for your help, I am very grateful for your ported version even though I have not got it working yet I appreciate the effort you have put into it.

Best Wishes,

Well sorry to hear it didn't work.

Umm yeah... I think it could be the OpenGL too but who knows :lol:

My source code uses ARB_multisample OpenGL extension so if it is not supported by your driver, you can't run it. (Actually multisampling is not needed in my plugin (hell OpenGL is not needed in my plugin), but the base VST plugin code I used uses it and I just left it alone...)

Um and lastly I have made screenshots so we can have visual on how to install..

Source code really isn't that complicated, only work that was put in was figuring out how to code a VST plugin and damn there are just way too many effects lol.

Best wishes too,

Hi Pensaku,

Thanks for the screen shots. I will persevere and try to find a workaround for the opengl question according to this link this should have worked.

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards ... nGL-driver

Nighthawk
Intern Contributor

Re: Question/Problem with openGL/driver

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Select your OS, the Mobility X1600 and you should get the Catalyst 9.3 driver. (AFAIK, ati will only release a new driver every 3 month for "legacy" hardware).

What I am slightly confused by is that if racarrack uses opengl and I can use that with ubuntu studio on the same machine that I boot into Windows 7 with then obviously the driver exists in GNU Linux world, why not Windows world? pretty open ended question I know but I'm sure there is a driver there somewhere. at least I know now what I am looking for thanks to your help which I appreciate greatly.

Cheers

Roger

roger

rogerglewis wrote:Hi Pensaku,

Thanks for the screen shots. I will persevere and try to find a workaround for the opengl question according to this link this should have worked.

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards ... nGL-driver

Nighthawk
Intern Contributor

Re: Question/Problem with openGL/driver

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Select your OS, the Mobility X1600 and you should get the Catalyst 9.3 driver. (AFAIK, ati will only release a new driver every 3 month for "legacy" hardware).

What I am slightly confused by is that if racarrack uses opengl and I can use that with ubuntu studio on the same machine that I boot into Windows 7 with then obviously the driver exists in GNU Linux world, why not Windows world? pretty open ended question I know but I'm sure there is a driver there somewhere. at least I know now what I am looking for thanks to your help which I appreciate greatly.

Cheers

Roger

Nah rakarrack don't use OpenGL only my VST port does. So on your computer rakarrack works fine but for some reason my VST port does not work on your windoes system. It works on every DAW I can get hands on and also even on Windows7 64bit systems but I don't know much about iMac's so...

And now that some time has passed I have doubt that it is about OpenGL.. so I really can't seem to figure out what's wrong.. :lol:

Also you mentioned you wanted to use rakarrack with ARM based Linux systems but wouldn't it have huge latency problems without proper Audio Interface? Also my VST port won't work on Linux. You can only install Linux on Mini ARM board systems..

I made it because I wanted to use rakarrack with my Windows VST plugins.. :)

There are many ARM linux packages of rakarrack so check those out too.

The V Machine runs VST plugins on a linux based system using their VFX system the latency is neglidgible.

V-Machines

Free your Plugins!

Talk about a revolution... Based around the 'Powered by VFX (TM) embedded technology platform, VST and VSTi plugins can be loaded directly into SM Pro Audio's V-Machine.

The V-Machine is a unique product designed to provide musicians, engineers, producers, and guitarists performance with a product they can rely on. The V-Machine offers VST/VSTi plugin compatibility in a stand-alone hardware unit without the need for a standard PC/Mac computer!

I have put all the boot camp drivers on my I Mac now and hope that may allow me now tto install your port of rakarrak.

http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/ ... for-mac-pc

There was a V Pedal in development which had a 1.5ghz processor but on which release is not planned any time soon.

With respect to other uses this is what I am up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05FuBKPvTgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trb3UAXWNn8

http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/in ... pic=1945.0

Developing the guitar pedal concept for tonefreqhz guitar auditioning IR files. We have 3 controllers under development. Arduino ( in the video is useable with either wireless or USB connectivity to Pure Data convolve~patch on home computer. Raspberry pi and Beaglebone, pedals are available for standalone multi-effects pedal. The later run independant of home computer. RPi and Beagle are also running Pure Data Extended convolve~ , under the tonefreqhz guitar audition mode using raspberry Pi Debian, Raspbian, GNU/Linux. ( If you want something different just ask.)
Available to order or full instructables currently being written with source codes for download for Home Brew.
For serious Tone collectors everywhere, own every guitar in the shop!

http://www.vikingsoundcooperative.com/tone-freqhz.html
roger

Return to “Effects”