T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Amon1973 wrote:they look more and more customer friendly.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! ;)
Sorry, but I agree with others. This looks ugly, and it's unexpected from you, considering the overall GUI design of the other plug-ins. Seems like an ET asmong humans. But I will bite the bullet, nevertheless, expecting that in the future you redesign the interface into something more "human" (doesn't have to look like SSL).
Fernando (FMR)

I posted that tongue firmly planted in cheek, fmr

mellotronaut wrote: i'll be happy to pay the Deluxe to Grande upgrade, but i'll pass to pay the Singles to Grande upgrade price. sorry.

:shrug:
See other posts where we realize that even three different paths wouldn't suit everyone and we have multiple contact methods available by which you may find someone can help you.
a good solution would be: people, who have every single plug in, that make 'deluxe', get a deluxe license instead (easier to download too) and voilà the upgrade will work and satisfied customers. :D
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:
mellotronaut wrote: i'll be happy to pay the Deluxe to Grande upgrade, but i'll pass to pay the Singles to Grande upgrade price. sorry.

:shrug:
See other posts where we realize that even three different paths wouldn't suit everyone and we have multiple contact methods available by which you may find someone can help you.
a good solution would be: people, who have every single plug in, that make 'deluxe', get a deluxe license instead (easier to download too) and voilà the upgrade will work and satisfied customers. :D
This +1,000

I'd like to report that the pultec latency reporting in oversampled mode is now working correctly..

I am impressed with the new processors so far, but need to rest and will write more in depth in the morrow.

Good stuff..

@mellotronaut - That's more easily done on a case-by-case basis, as programmatically there are many many users and I'm sure with the SKUs we've gone through over the years it would be a nightmare to roll it over the entire database.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@mellotronaut - That's more easily done on a case-by-case basis, as programmatically there are many many users and I'm sure with the SKUs we've gone through over the years it would be a nightmare to roll it over the entire database.
thanks. i'll make an inquiry. :)
"It dreamed itself along"

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@mellotronaut - That's more easily done on a case-by-case basis, as programmatically there are many many users and I'm sure with the SKUs we've gone through over the years it would be a nightmare to roll it over the entire database.
Hm... Humans vs Computers...? I thought computers were better at crunching numbers...?

jensa wrote:
Hm... Humans vs Computers...? I thought computers were better at crunching numbers...?
Typically but after all these years and some wonky issues here and there with the odd SKU mucking things up you'd be surprised :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I posted that tongue firmly planted in cheek, fmr
I think I realized :)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I posted that tongue firmly planted in cheek, fmr
I think I realized :)
Hard to tell, since most people don't believe we actually meant that to be the GUI ;)

Hi -
I updated the custom shop app and updated CSR and t-rack compressors I have and a couple seem to be near running out of authorizations(1 left from 5)
How do I delete older auth's I'm not using anymore without affecting the current authorizations ?
Thanks,
KG

;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Finally got the .dll's to download. Turns out the CS needed me to answer "No" to the folders it wanted to put the files in, then manually point to the folders. If I answered "yes" to the first question after using the Restore My Gear option, the CS would crash. Anyway, so that's been resolved.

First thoughts:

1. The +10 db of gain issue that got introduced a few versions ago is still there. I can't imagine why this wasn't fixed. I don't want to blast my ears with an additional +10 db of gain every time I add a compressor. Especially if monitoring a kick or snare drum somewhat loudly. This is on both the Black76 and White2A.

2. How do they compare to the prior versions: well, I did a quick compare on an acoustic rhythm guitar track, in both instances I preferred the cleaner originals to the updated versions. The distortion isn't quite as magical as I had initially hoped. Which leads to...

3. These still don't seem to be modeled as well as some competing models. Example, driving the input gain just makes things louder. It doesn't make tracks bassier, or scoop the mids, or boost the highs or any of that weird stuff that seems to happen with some of the better models. Even the IK 670 emulation does this. Checked in the VST Plugin Analyzer and confirmed: these do not respond to input/output gain settings like the NI/Softube/Waves versions. It looks a lot like a distortion was added into the signal path of the original models.

I have to try this on a more aggressive mix, as the distortion might sound great on drums or bass, but on that particular acoustic guitar track, the cleaner version worked better.

kgdrum, your old authorizations are moot from this point on.
You have 5 new auths with T-RackS CS FREE, which will then pull in your existing T-RackS/CSR registrations into the the new version.
Last edited by Brian @ IK Multimedia on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgdrum wrote:Hi -
I updated the custom shop app and updated CSR and t-rack compressors I have and a couple seem to be near running out of authorizations(1 left from 5)
How do I delete older auth's I'm not using anymore without affecting the current authorizations ?
Thanks,
KG

;-)
You don't have to. If you find yourself running out, you can contact support. Just today I was alerted to someone with this very issue being taken care of in six minutes.

Edit - you got the double-tap from us! I should have refreshed or stayed in the British Channel GUI thread ;)

Return to “Effects”