T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xamido wrote:Hi, do you have any idea of when you'll update the gui on the british channel? I want to get it once it's updated.
Probably when new gear comes out. I'm not sure of a timeline on that at this point though.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
xamido wrote:Hi, do you have any idea of when you'll update the gui on the british channel? I want to get it once it's updated.
Probably when new gear comes out. I'm not sure of a timeline on that at this point though.
What's wrong with the GUI of British Channel ? Looks quite OK.

PeterL wrote:
There's a busload of pages of complaints about it in another thread, but there are some that don't think it is bad (I'm one of those - granted, I use multiple control surfaces and don't tend to stare at plugins much but still).

PeterL wrote:
I don't think it's ugly, i just found it to be a bit out of place compared to the other. I like uniformity on my plugin gui.
musisikamar.com

I'm currently demoing the new Grand plugins. The channel does indeed sound really good, I'm considering the upgrade to Grand - and I'm one of those who complained about the looks of the channel.

Is it correct that the plugins I demo don't appear as single DLLs and only work as long as the CS window is open (well, the latter is mentioned when I click "Try")?

All the component 'singles' also load as individual plugins, separate .dlls.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:All the component 'singles' also load as individual plugins, separate .dlls.
I know that's the case for the components I own. But at least on my system, for demoed components that isn't the case. I tried "Restore my gear" etc. The plugins I own appear, the demos don't.

paterpeter wrote:
braj wrote:All the component 'singles' also load as individual plugins, separate .dlls.
I know that's the case for the components I own. But at least on my system, for demoed components that isn't the case. I tried "Restore my gear" etc. The plugins I own appear, the demos don't.
Demo versions of the plugins will only appear in the shell, but once purchased they can be made available individually via the restore function.

zeep wrote:For me it works fortunately, also win 7 64bit. But when i clicked Restore my gear it showed two different paths in the pop-up window: My normal vst folder where IKM is installed, and also a Program Files/Steinberg/vstplugins folder that doesn't exists. I don't even own any Steinberg software nor had i installed it at any point. My current win7 installation is hardly 2 months old.

Bottom line, perhaps IKM's "looking up the VST installation folder" function is broken.

And please dev's, stop defaulting vst installations to Program Files/Steinberg blabla.

**EDIT**
Check this path in your registry, and change it (if necessary) to your VST folder location. Then after that, reboot and try again to Restore my Gear.
Backup your registry before changing things if you're not comfortable with it.

Win 64-bit:
64-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST
32-bit plugins path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST
The 2nd path that comes up is for 64-bit plugins. If you don't have your 64-bit plugin path set, it will default to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugIns. I had to create a .reg file to set my default 64-bit plugin folder in the registry.

You have to do registry hacks to get this working properly ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No, of course not. If you don't have a 64-bit VSTPlugIns folder set in your registry, then just manually browse to the plugin folder you set in your 64-bit DAW. Setting your 64-bit VstPluginsPath is something that DAWs SHOULD do, but it seems most don't. It gets a bit confusing with separate 32 and 64-bit VSTPlugIns folders, and many people seem to only have a 32-bit path set and don't even realize it.

Being 64-bit VstPluginsPath aware can solve quite a few common installation problems on a 64-bit system. Lack of a proper plugin install path is going to confuse every VST plugin installer and leave it to their own devices to figure out where to install them. Our installers actually look for your VStPluginsPath. Many don't and always install to a default path, sometimes just their own Program Files folder which does no good for anyone! :shock:

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote: I had to create a .reg file to set my default 64-bit plugin folder in the registry.
:shrug:

Anyway I don't use 64 bit plugins so it won't effect me...I'm still trying to get up enough nerve to install the TR Custom Shop and try the WinXp fix .exe Paul sent to me...I'd really rather wait until an official fix is released...Installing the old version and then manually swapping out the Custom Shop .exe seems a bit wonky to me......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That's definitely your choice to make, we just have to roll out multiple changes in a release so as to best utilize the coding and testing resources so while that issue may have a file you can use, the official version will need to be rolled out with the next update that addresses multiple points (maybe even new gear). Last day to get the upgrade pricing, by the way... http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1842

Why is there no drag-and-drop withing the T-RackS CS interface ?

That's a must-have feature IMHO :) !

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Last day to get the upgrade pricing, by the way... http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=1842
Which is exactly why I was asking about the WinXp fix release.....doesn't look like it will come before the price goes up so it is what it is...... :shrug:

Return to “Effects”