T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you did receive some (and most people who have inquired have most or many) of those Singles as free bonuses during promotions? Then I would think that a discount is fair. The upgrade is priced very well, even for those with Singles/Standard and it seems that a good attempt at fair accommodation was made. Your mileage did vary, and I respect that you didn't feel it fair, but I hope you can see how the rep felt the offer was fair.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you did receive some (and most people who have inquired have most or many) of those Singles as free bonuses during promotions? Then I would think that a discount is fair. The upgrade is priced very well, even for those with Singles/Standard and it seems that a good attempt at fair accommodation was made. Your mileage did vary, and I respect that you didn't feel it fair, but I hope you can see how the rep felt the offer was fair.
Don't misunderstand me Peter. It's not a question of what is "fair", it's a question of value. I merely hoped that you would stretch a little bit ($49 in this case). I'm not displeased with the result and I respect your pricing decision for what it is. :)

Rich
Last edited by blueman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks, Peter! For my part, this kind of makes sense. I would have to check my records to see exactly how many of those singles I received as bonuses... it probably was one or two - perhaps three. I've had some of this stuff for so long I don't even remember!

Well, it sounds like we have a little more time to decide if we need or even want the extra items.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you did receive some (and most people who have inquired have most or many) of those Singles as free bonuses during promotions? Then I would think that a discount is fair. The upgrade is priced very well, even for those with Singles/Standard and it seems that a good attempt at fair accommodation was made. Your mileage did vary, and I respect that you didn't feel it fair, but I hope you can see how the rep felt the offer was fair.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

I've seen several users who were confused over what version of T-RackS 3 they had. So if you are not totally sure what version you have, check your User Area. You will see there whether or not you have T-RackS 3 Standard, Deluxe, or Singles. Be sure you choose accordingly for your upgrade. If you upgrade by January 31st, you will get T-RackS CS Grand at a special introductory price. ($99.99 / €79,99 to upgrade from T-RackS 3 Deluxe, $149.99 / €119,99 for all other upgrades, including from CSR)

For anyone who doesn't own an existing T-RackS 3 title, I would strongly recommend purchasing CSR and then upgrading to T-RackS CS Grand. This will get you everything available for T-RackS CS at the lowest price possible.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:I've seen several users who were confused over what version of T-RackS 3 they had. So if you are not totally sure what version you have, check your User Area. You will see there whether or not you have T-RackS 3 Standard, Deluxe, or Singles. Be sure you choose accordingly for your upgrade. If you upgrade by January 31st, you will get T-RackS CS Grand at a special introductory price. ($99.99 / €79,99 to upgrade from T-RackS 3 Deluxe, $149.99 / €119,99 for all other upgrades, including from CSR)

For anyone who doesn't own an existing T-RackS 3 title, I would strongly recommend purchasing CSR and then upgrading to T-RackS CS Grand. This will get you everything available for T-RackS CS at the lowest price possible.
I have a few singles and CSR (all purchased) ,I called and talked to a person at IK and the price is within a few dollars of what customers can buy it who don't own any of the several IK plugs I've bought over the years,frankly I find this insulting.
I also own Sampletank,SonicSynth2 and Sampletron all of which haven't worked in DP on a Mac for several months.
Every other plug and VI I have from every other company work, somehow i feel IK would be doing the right thing if they somehow made up for months of not being able to use these 3 libraries.
Being told well they will work in Sampletank 3 free after its released leaves a bad taste in my mouth,months of non functioning purchased libraries with " oops"is just not right.
Not feeling much good vibes as I feel I should have earned as a loyal paying client over the years,not to mention last month w/ the credit sale.

I would have felt better if we were more clearly informed that bundles could not be bought with credits and individual tRack plugs would not qualify for upgrading to bundles with the points.
I expect IK to be better than this.

:(
Last edited by kgdrum on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote: For anyone who doesn't own an existing T-RackS 3 title, I would strongly recommend purchasing CSR and then upgrading to T-RackS CS Grand. This will get you everything available for T-RackS CS at the lowest price possible.
Last month i asked you what my best buy would be if i didn't have any T-Racks title, you recommended T-Racks CS Grand. So that's what i bought.
I would have liked to have CSR too, but it's not in Grand. I wish you would have given me the above tip instead!

Had no time to test the new modules in past weeks. Now i had!

Very well done! :love:

Sorry about that zeep. I believe it was Peter who helped advise you, though he did actually mention in his reply that there is a T-RackS CS Grand upgrade from CSR. Sometimes when we're in the middle of a rapid conversation where (it at least seems like) we've laid out all the info a dozen times, we might speak a little shorthand. I think what Peter was trying to do was steer you away from purchasing T-RackS gear piecemeal in the Custom Shop, and instead advise you to get one of the full T-RackS Grand packages.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Sorry about that zeep. I believe it was Peter who helped advise you, though he did actually mention in his reply that there is a T-RackS CS Grand upgrade from CSR. Sometimes when we're in the middle of a rapid conversation where (it at least seems like) we've laid out all the info a dozen times, we might speak a little shorthand. I think what Peter was trying to do was steer you away from purchasing T-RackS gear piecemeal in the Custom Shop, and instead advise you to get one of the full T-RackS Grand packages.
Could be that i'm a bit confused, i had to rush because of work in the studio and purchased shortly after that. I should have read better that Grand didn't involve CSR.

What I would dream of, is the ability to trade a plugin.

Let's say, you own the IK 670 and want to trade it for a Black 76.

That would be great. I mean, not trading with another user, but within the IK system, as they share the same credit value.

K-Slash wrote:What I would dream of, is the ability to trade a plugin.

Let's say, you own the IK 670 and want to trade it for a Black 76.

That would be great. I mean, not trading with another user, but within the IK system, as they share the same credit value.
Yep.. that would be wonderful.

Also the ability to gift plugins, instantly into someone else's account..

I was one of those who got a bunch of the singles free in the promotion then there was a second promotion to get the deluxe version for $49 or $99 and so I got it to get the last few singles and a upgrade path.
Worked out well in my case.
I'm loving the new stuff.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Where does T-Racks place the plugins on a Mac? I can insert the T-Racks shell just fine, but when I try to insert an individual module on a channel as a stand alone plug, I don't see it in the list (my DAW is Reaper). I would like to point Reaper to the location of the new TRacks plugs, but I have searched my hard drive, and can't find them.

Emmett_Brown wrote:Where does T-Racks place the plugins on a Mac? I can insert the T-Racks shell just fine, but when I try to insert an individual module on a channel as a stand alone plug, I don't see it in the list (my DAW is Reaper). I would like to point Reaper to the location of the new TRacks plugs, but I have searched my hard drive, and can't find them.
Nevermind, I found it... when I visit the custom shop and choose Restore My Gear, the plugins are then dropped into my existing VST folder. Then, I had my DAW rescan that folder, and I am up and running. So the gotcha is that even after you install Tracks CS, you have to restore your gear in the shop to install the plugins in your VST folder. It would be better if the installer just did this on its own, but I am happy to have it working either way, nice plugins!

I would love to see T-Racks offer a dbx 160 compressor!

Return to “Effects”