T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

braj wrote:I also wish you could buy bundles with gear points. That just seems illogical that it isn't an option.
Wait a minute. I hadn't noticed this. Is this true? Then what the xxxx good are the gear points from the group buy? Just to parcel them out on individual pieces? I thought there was discussion on that thread about how you'd need points to 'get everything' at once.

It's getting harder to see the silver linings...

Oh well. Glad I have what I do. But I'm afraid I'm done. No more $$ from me for anything from IK. No more gear points, no more cash. At least not until I get clear indications (in advance) of what the system is and how it might work to my advantage as a customer.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Yep I'd love to use my gear points to upgrade to Grand but there is no option for that, and using them for each piece individually takes all the value out of buying the points when on sale in advance. I'm not really disgruntled but it is a bit aggravating dealing with this incoherent system, it is impossible to know if you are making a wise purchase because how everything in intertwined and abstracted, the points being the final straw really. The fix the Custom Shop IMO it needs to have a way to trade/resell gear, needs to honor jam points, and needs to allow credits to be used to buy bundles.

I'll be holding off spending my credits until I see some change I think, which means I won't be spending any more money myself.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

We did plan to add the purchase of collections with credits but apparently it was a very invasive modification (more so than we had thought) and this was delayed longer than we wanted on top of that. I understand how you feel and hopefully we can get this in in a logical manner in the future and we'll keep you posted. I'm told that part of it was "paused" not cancelled so that's a good sign.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We did plan to add the purchase of collections with credits but apparently it was a very invasive modification (more so than we had thought) and this was delayed longer than we wanted on top of that. I understand how you feel and hopefully we can get this in in a logical manner in the future and we'll keep you posted. I'm told that part of it was "paused" not cancelled so that's a good sign.
Well it's nice to know that my memory isn't faulty. But as you point out, this REALLY does need to be addressed. Especially given prior indications.

Glad to hear this is being worked on.

-B
Berfab

If you participated in the group buy, then you are essentially getting the bundled stuff at nearly the bundled price. I haven't worked it out exactly but bascially at 4 for 1 the credits are comparably to price of the bundles, BUT, You may have higher prices later to upgrade to the next bundle grande extendo what ever it might be.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

This is a transitory period it seems as they switch over from one model to another. Hopefully it all gets sorted. I know everyone doesn't feel this way but I really like the store concept and hope it all matures nicely.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

"An Internet connection is required to use the Custom Shop."

my studio pc isn't online. how the install work offline?

i have deluxe btw.

ps. i will never get rid of my jampoints.. they grow and grow.. :(
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'd also like to hear about what other sorts of effects may show up in T-Racks Custom Shop. I'm not exactly sure what would be appropriate, ie. other types of effects not traditionally part of T-racks, like delays.

braj wrote:This is a transitory period it seems as they switch over from one model to another. Hopefully it all gets sorted. I know everyone doesn't feel this way but I really like the store concept and hope it all matures nicely.
Well, the store concept is actually the iOS in-app purchase model. Not a bad idea, per se, and if this stuff was selling for $1.99, most folks wouldn't have an issue. But we've got to integrate this stuff with other pro-level gear in the real world. That's where it breaks down a bit from IK's vantage point. They need to integrate the app model into the pro DAW model. Not the other way around.
Berfab

waltercruz wrote:Just couting the credits for new modules ( to users whoa already had t-racks deluxe)

120 credits - british channel
80 credits - quad comp
80 credits - quad limitter
80 credits - quad image
60 credits - de-esser
80 credits - black
80 credits - white
Very happy to see 64 bit CSR Reverb! :clap:

Also looks like some nice new gear additions.

Now my concerns:

1) I already own T-Racks Deluxe and CSR for many years. Last week I bought Black 76. Is the upgrade to "Grand" bundle the same $99 regardless that I just bought Black??? No consideration toward upgrade for having just purchased that?

2) I want bundles option for customshop points.

3) I bought piles of points in excess of what I need in anticipation of AT gear (amps, stomps, etc) -- new Amplitube guitar related gear models was what everyone was led to believe was coming for buying extra CS points.

Per above point list, I'd need 500 points to get everything except Black (which I just bought). 500 points would be $99 I spent during the 4x Custom Shop group buy -- the same as buying it outright now -- plus I just spent $40 on black!

I understand it's hard to accomodate every situation, but I own a majority of everything IK makes and additionally dropped $160 on CS points and $40 on Black 76 in the past 2 months. I don't expect big freebies for stuff I bought years ago, but is there any resonable option for my situation to upgrade to Grand without spending $99 worth of group buy CS points that I bought in October? ? I think I should have some credit for Black purchase to make my total cost less than $99 to get to Grand. Please help me ...

Thanks.
Last edited by Kevin63101 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1) Contact support directly
2) Already covered by IKM above.. they are working on it.
3) I hope you aren't rebuying all of your owned gear in CS form.. you own the CS versions already. As soon as you open the T-Racks CS under your account, it should already show those products as 'purchased' -- no need to rebuy.

So any word on when the chain system might be updated? No drag-drop is a drag!

murnau wrote:"An Internet connection is required to use the Custom Shop."

my studio pc isn't online. how the install work offline?

i have deluxe btw.

ps. i will never get rid of my jampoints.. they grow and grow.. :(

I've already asked that twice in this thread with no reply. :roll:

- install T-Racks on the non-connected 'puter and run it, copy the authorization request file to the connected one, and get the xml file

- copy it and the T Racks VST/AU/RTAS files and everything from Library/Application support/IKMultimedia/T Racks CS to the non-connected 'puter

Seems to work here so far, touch wood.

I'm getting off of the IK gray train though, this is too much hassle and I only see it getting more and more complicated.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

I'm glad to see that CSR is still able to be used independantly of the big effects shell. However it's annoying that you have to download a seaparate store app or whatever and log in and al that just to upgrade it. A simple installer would have been nicer.

VitaminD wrote:1) Contact support directly
2) Already covered by IKM above.. they are working on it.
3) I hope you aren't rebuying all of your owned gear in CS form.. you own the CS versions already. As soon as you open the T-Racks CS under your account, it should already show those products as 'purchased' -- no need to rebuy.
Thanks. I'll try contacting IK.

I understand what I own I still have. I also understand buying a bundle sometimes means getting stuff I already have. However, I hate to think I just wasted $40 on black if I have to spend $99 to get the "Grand" equivalent not matter how I buy it (upgrade or ala carte piecemeal).

I hope they can get the bundle option to be purchased with CS credits.
Last edited by Kevin63101 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”