T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm glad to see that CSR is still able to be used independantly of the big effects shell. However it's annoying that you have to download a seaparate store app or whatever and log in and al that just to upgrade it. A simple installer would have been nicer.
Yes, exactly... quite a hassle for those people who just want to update their CSR.
Why should i 'pollute' my system with all the stuff the 172MB installer contains, when a simple installer for just the x64 CSR would be fine?
I dont know, man...I just got here meself!

re_mute wrote:
murnau wrote:"An Internet connection is required to use the Custom Shop."

my studio pc isn't online. how the install work offline?

i have deluxe btw.

ps. i will never get rid of my jampoints.. they grow and grow.. :(

I've already asked that twice in this thread with no reply. :roll:

- install T-Racks on the non-connected 'puter and run it, copy the authorization request file to the connected one, and get the xml file

- copy it and the T Racks VST/AU/RTAS files and everything from Library/Application support/IKMultimedia/T Racks CS to the non-connected 'puter

Seems to work here so far, touch wood.

I'm getting off of the IK gray train though, this is too much hassle and I only see it getting more and more complicated.
I replied that the offline authorization methodology applied, I don't think I quoted though...

No complaints from me. Pretty cool update all in all. You guys churned out some nice updates over the span of the year, as promised. *thumbs up*

It's funny hearing the comments about the British Channel GUI. I'm not really seeing what the big deal is. Do you guys mix in slate colored rooms with shades of black and gray dominating your surroundings and DAW... so that any bit of color results in the same effect as going outside after being in a dark room? :hihi:

I think the dark gradient backgrounds could be spruced up, made to look more in line with the 670 sort of, 'photo realistic' intead of looking pretty cartoony. I think with that change the knobs wouldn't look so bad. But anyhow, that won't keep me from considering it, the GUI is clear and easy to use, and more importantly it sounds good to me.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

i have deluxe btw.

eventually they will expire.... :wink:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BERFAB wrote: While I'm at it, perhaps you can tell me which upgrade I qualify for. I own all the T-Racks 3 gear, plus CSR, but NOT Black or White. These were all not purchased as a bundle, but acquired as singles which now add up to the bundle (complete with shell).

Cheers
-B
If you purchased Singles, you would qualify for the Singles upgrade. That's on the surface and of course because even three upgrade SKUs are too many in the opinion of most people (both buyers and vendors), I think.
i have the same stuff as BERFAB has, which adds to Deluxe + CSR and i will be treated like someone, who has less stuff, only because i purchased 'Singles' instead of the bundle, which i have de facto, though it can't be called 'bundle', because i bought 'Singles', though ... because ... .

i'll be happy to pay the Deluxe to Grande upgrade, but i'll pass to pay the Singles to Grande upgrade price. sorry.

:shrug:
"It dreamed itself along"

I just have TRacks 3.5 Deluxe, and now I have TRacks CS Deluxe. Are these plugins the same? I'm wondering if I have to bother copying presets, changing my SONAR FX Chains etc etc if the plugins are just the same.

I've got my Tracks ones put in a "3.5" folder and will use the CS ones from now on - but are they pretty much the same?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
re_mute wrote:

i have deluxe btw.

I've already asked that twice in this thread with no reply. :roll:

- install T-Racks on the non-connected 'puter and run it, copy the authorization request file to the connected one, and get the xml file

- copy it and the T Racks VST/AU/RTAS files and everything from Library/Application support/IKMultimedia/T Racks CS to the non-connected 'puter

Seems to work here so far, touch wood.

I'm getting off of the IK gray train though, this is too much hassle and I only see it getting more and more complicated.
I replied that the offline authorization methodology applied, I don't think I quoted though...
Yeh, idiot me for thinking it'd be under the Help info in Shop.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

@Peter, just to clarify about the Singles upgrades - is it for any registered user (including freebie / bundled Singles), or only for those who purchased them?

Also does CSR Hall count as a base product for that upgrade (oem bundled version, I believe)

Thanks

mellotronaut wrote: i'll be happy to pay the Deluxe to Grande upgrade, but i'll pass to pay the Singles to Grande upgrade price. sorry.

:shrug:
See other posts where we realize that even three different paths wouldn't suit everyone and we have multiple contact methods available by which you may find someone can help you.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm glad to see that CSR is still able to be used independantly of the big effects shell. However it's annoying that you have to download a seaparate store app or whatever and log in and al that just to upgrade it. A simple installer would have been nicer.
+1. I feel like my standalone products that I purchased with no shell, are now forever tied to T-Racks. 1: I can't even get them to install. 2: IK has been quiet about whether I can resell these, my gut tells me that means no, or they haven't thought up a solution yet. 3: Why is it even people who buy the standalone products like Black 76, White 2A, and CSR are now forced into using this shell? Isn't this the exact opposite of what NI just did with their 1176 and LA-2A?

I agree with one of the previous posters who made the point that an App Store model just doesn't work with professional audio recording tools. The C/R system was bad enough, now I can't even install standalone VST plugins for these without being online because someone thought including a few extra plugin .dll's in an installer was too easy? Not pleased.

And honestly, I don't like bashing IK. They make great products at great prices (gimmicky promotions aside) and Peter, Brian, and Jason have always been cool. I just think the powers that be didn't think this one through from the users' perspective. Nothing an update couldn't fix. Hopefully they'll listen.

OK, so I have some Singles. Which would be the cheapest (yeah, money run tight=(... ) to get British Channel (I really like SSL strip)?
Now if I want to add 2A and 76 I should look at Singles to Grand update, right?
Also, does British Channel run without shell?

Edit - this answers the two posts above mine now :) Singles and CSR still work as they did before outside of the shell.

Appreciate this update a lot. The possibility to still have the individual ddls available is great. The pricing is also fair and to give the possibility to contact the company for those owning more stuff than listed is a huge effort for a company like this. IMHO IK has been improving a lot and they look more and more customer friendly. Kudos.

Amon1973 wrote:they look more and more customer friendly.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!! ;)

Return to “Effects”