T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will the free version of TRCS that's available in our user area also load all of our current modules and allow the CSR reverbs to be used? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't any individual piece of gear I buy from the custom shop pretty much NFR. There is no way to transfer say, guitar amps that I have purchased because they don't have serial numbers. They're just added to your collection.

heffus wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't any individual piece of gear I buy from the custom shop pretty much NFR. There is no way to transfer say, guitar amps that I have purchased because they don't have serial numbers. They're just added to your collection.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that. No more resales all together of the new items.. since they only seem to be listed in the CS now?

So, I'm impressed. Not completely surprised as I was expecting it to happen, but still: congratulations to our Italian colleagues for pulling this off. Chapeau (or the Italian equivalent).

Let's see if this has any negative side effects on stability, as I completely stopped using Amplitube after the Shop Version was not working for me at all. But besides that, I think this is a good next step. Have one common FX Shell which will allow them to maintain ALL production effects so that new formats and fixes are available for all of them at the same time? I can't see anything wrong with that.

Now, I was considering to completely abandon IK due to the incredible Waves and NI stuff I have by now, but this has me interested again. In fact, Brian, ObiK, if you could pull off another sales stunt for those who already have T-Racks Deluxe plus any other title (either CSR or the Black/White) to upgrade to T-Racks Mercury... ahm... Komplete... you know what I mean... If there was a little more of a carrot dangling in front of me, I might lose it and go for it..

:-D
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Pretty slick way of not allowing transfers.

Now where can i use my JamPoints?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:Now where can i use my JamPoints?
You can use JamPoints to buy Gear Credits or items that are not priced in a promotion at the moment. The upgrades are specially-priced now so JamPoints cannot be combined with the promotional pricing.

Transfer issue aside, any improvements to the shell signal's path? the original one was a PITA to use (drag&drop plz?)
Last edited by softska on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heffus wrote:Pretty slick way of not allowing transfers.
They'd already done that with the $50 (?) transfer fee.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

It's $20 now.

Anyone know how to authorize CSR 64bit on a non-internet computer?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

I have T-Rack DelUxe plus White and Black. How much do I have to pay to upgrade to CS Grand?
Fernando (FMR)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
mkdr wrote:Now where can i use my JamPoints?
You can use JamPoints to buy Gear Credits or items that are not priced in a promotion at the moment. The upgrades are specially-priced now so JamPoints cannot be combined with the promotional pricing.
how long before the pricing goes up, then, and what will the actual pricing be?
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

You should at least be able to "trade-in" stuff you don't use for way less than it cost, like a real music store. Though I can also resell gear bought at a store. Maybe there should be a classifieds ads/bulletin board section of the CS, where customers can buy, sell and trade used items?

Anyway, this is pretty cool, I guess. It also puts all the disparate info and rumors in perspective. I wish the best deal was for the Deluxe people, but it's not too bad. No SSL bus comp is a buzz kill and I have little hankering for the other new ones, though they might be useful.

I have all but the five new plug-ins. They're all restored now. Twice, I think. I didn't buy any gear credits in the group buy, probably should have, but there just wasn't enough to go on. So, I can pay $100 to go to Grand or just buy the British Channel for the same price.

I have the Duende Channel Strip, though. So, I'll probably just pass. The idea of having to pay $100 each for future premium plug-ins probably puts them out of the running for me, unless Martin does a dead-on 224 for IK or something.

Anyway, at least my CSR, TRD, Black and White are all updated to the latest for free. That's not too bad. But, best of all, we know what it is and what it isn't now. I give it good marks, but I think to be competitive, new premium plug-ins need to be in the $30 to $40 range.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Also, what about people who buy CSR, Black 76 and White 2A today? Do they get VST pluing installers of the new versions? The old versions? Or are they sent a link to the Custom Shop and told to download through there?
They would have both the old version, plus automatically have the new T-RackS CS versions for free, available inside the T-RackS CS shell and as individual plugins through "Restore My Gear."
Except when I tried to Restore My Gear, I got a runtime error and it crashed, leaving me with no singles. It makes way more sense to include the .dll's in the installer and put out new installers with any future singles. At least your exe installers work. Whatever the Custom Shop tried to do failed on my machine.

Return to “Effects”