T-RackS Custom Shop Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! IK consistently releases cool stuff, and then constantly has to put up with the incessant whining of all the 14 year olds on this forum who are upset they already spent all their paper route money for the month. Bunch of internet drama babies. Brian, Obik, I commend you for putting up with the shat you do on a seemingly daily basis around here. BTW, amplitube CS rocks, and glad to see it come to t-racks.

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
Burillo wrote:i don't want to run the full-blown T-Racks just to get CSR 64-bit. does it have 64-bit VST version? Sorry, your last answer wasn't clear enough.
To get the 64-bit updates of your existing CSR plugin suite, simply download the FREE T-RackS CS installer that is waiting for you in your user area. Install TRCS. Launch the Custom Shop application. Go to the new T-RACKS page within Custom Shop. Click "Restore My Gear" from the GEAR menu.

After that, you should be able to uninstall T-RackS CS if you wish, and your updated 64-bit CSR plugins will remain. However, I would suggest keeping T-RackS CS around, because we've got a lot of cool stuff in it, with a lot more coming (eventually)...
CORRECTION - DO NOT uninstall T-RackS Custom Shop if you are in need of the CSR 64-bit update!

CSR is now a part of T-RackS Custom Shop. To get access to the 64 bit support of the updated CSR version, either in the suite or as single plug-ins, you have to have T-RackS installed.

Of course the CSR modules can be still be used as singles in compatible DAWs without the need to run T-RackS CS.

So you can now unlock the new version by doing the Restore my Gear process in your Custom Shop and the old plug is not updated. The new plug in has to be installed, that means having T-RackS CS properly installed and the CSR collection unlocked.

The previous CSR you have installed will still be usable (in fact it will appear in DAW's plug-in menus together with the new version), but only the new one will work in 64-Bit mode.

Assuming I understand this fully, I am not at all happy that the only way I can run CSR (non-bridged) at 64-bit, or run the the LA21 and 1176 models, is by installing the T-Racks shell. It seems entirely reasonable that users should expect the option to merely install new versions and run stand alone. As long as I can load individually outside the shell, then it is merely an inconvenience.

And no: I am not a 14 year old. :roll:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

MickGael wrote:Assuming I understand this fully, I am not at all happy that the only way I can run CSR (non-bridged) at 64-bit, or run the the LA21 and 1176 models, is from within T-Racks.
I dont think you are understanding it fully, TBH, although the info admittedly is a bit buried. It seems to me that its been stated that you can run them entirely separately from T-Racks; you need T-Racks to install them not use them.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

MickGael wrote:Assuming I understand this fully, I am not at all happy that the only way I can run CSR (non-bridged) at 64-bit, or run the the LA21 and 1176 models, is by installing the T-Racks shell. It seems entirely reasonable that users should expect the option to merely install new versions and run stand alone. As long as I can load individually outside the shell, then it is merely an inconvenience.

You don't have to run the shell in your DAW but CSR is now in the T-RackS Custom Shop suite (just like any other T-RackS Single).

Thanks! Yes, it has been a bit unclear. I never have need for the shell, so as long as I have access to the x64 and the interesting new updates (and can load as before) I am assuaged. :)
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Why is it that IK multimedia seems more like Walmart now than ever before? Well I'll try the "updated" 1176 and LA2A and see what's changed but like I said when Amplitude shop thingy was released.. this is it for me. Not purchasing more stuff from IK. I'm actually quite glad to get rid of the plugins. The only one I'll surely be missing is CSR but I now have proper replacements and hardly ever use it any more.

It was fun while it lasted. Just don't like ya any more. Nothing personal. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

hm...

Unfortunately, even after "Restoring all Gear" from the Custom Shop, when launching any of the CS Plug-Ins, I'm told they weren't authorized and Authorization Manager launches... which isn't even supposed to be authorizing Custom Shop plug-ins, is it?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

MickGael wrote:I am assuaged. :)
Don't be so hard on yourself! ;) Oh, I see... hehe... OK no more silliness, glad you are clear on that I've taken note to be sure we communicate this more clearly going forward.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
MickGael wrote:Assuming I understand this fully, I am not at all happy that the only way I can run CSR (non-bridged) at 64-bit, or run the the LA21 and 1176 models, is by installing the T-Racks shell. It seems entirely reasonable that users should expect the option to merely install new versions and run stand alone. As long as I can load individually outside the shell, then it is merely an inconvenience.

You don't have to run the shell in your DAW but CSR is now in the T-RackS Custom Shop suite (just like any other T-RackS Single).
How do I unlock CSR 64bit on my non-internet computer?
I've installed and authorized the new T-Racks CS but there's no CSR 64bit
"What embecile composed this list :/"

medienhexer wrote:hm...

Unfortunately, even after "Restoring all Gear" from the Custom Shop, when launching any of the CS Plug-Ins, I'm told they weren't authorized and Authorization Manager launches... which isn't even supposed to be authorizing Custom Shop plug-ins, is it?
Please let Tech Support know so they can pinpoint what's going on exactly http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:
I believe it is safe to say that we have reclaimed the mantle of the absolute MOST faithful model of these units. 8)
after playing around with the black76 a little bit:

sorry but the UAD 1176 collection is streets ahead.

new IK versions are on equal footing with the new softube/NI offerings...its a close call, your 1176 is a little more grabby but still too harsh to be faithful to the blackface, maybe you should have painted it silver and blue ;)

but the UAD update blows you all out of the water, sorry :P

and just to add to the general concensus.. what is going on with that ssl GUI? it looks like your designers might have been slipped a few mushrooms before sitiing down to that one. looks like vomit! :hihi:
Last edited by rhythmtechnologies on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I only hope ARC won't turn into "Custom Shop". The only plugin I currently really value.

And no, I'm not a 14 year old either.

I'm 15! :mad:

:hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

cactuseskimo wrote:Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! IK consistently releases cool stuff, and then constantly has to put up with the incessant whining of all the 14 year olds on this forum who are upset they already spent all their paper route money for the month. Bunch of internet drama babies. Brian, Obik, I commend you for putting up with the shat you do on a seemingly daily basis around here. BTW, amplitube CS rocks, and glad to see it come to t-racks.
Get a room already. That and wipe your nose, it's covered in brown stuff.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

OK. Couple of things.

First of all, I think there's a way to brand this a bit better for general consumption. If I'm understanding Peter's messages, the T-Racks Custom Shop is now very much like (though admittedly different than) the WAVES shell that has to be installed everytime you purchase a Waves product.

Unlike the Waves shell, of course, you have to now buy your gear through the IK shell. Also, unlike Waves, you have the option of racking your gear in the IK shell (presumably to configure with either factory or user presets) for ease of use in rack configurations.

Next up, while I'm not a big fan of the endless IK hype (5 days...4 days...) and the last "get 4x the number of gear credits now, although we can't tell you why!"--I can say that I'm glad I did by those gear credits because now it looks like I'll actually be able to spend them on something I can use. So thank you, I guess, for the cryptic heads up on that.

Finally, I do agree with others here that this process is now unnecessarily complicated for those of us who just want to buy a few plugs - or a bundle that we like- and install them and make music. Despite all the recent changes, I still own most of what IK sells, but I really don't want to be a member of the gear-of-the-month club.

I'm thrilled that there's now a 64 bit version of my favorite 'verb, but to get it, it seems like I've got to jump through a whole bunch of hoops. It should be more transparent than that.

And that takes me to a place that I just don't want to think about, but the writing is definitely on the wall: Sampletank 3 will not be Sampletank 3. It will, no doubt, be the Sampletank 3 Custom and Body Shop. It will be free, contain some lo-fi versions of a piano, drums, bass and strings, and have 350 sample-based presets waiting for you to purchase them with gear credits of varying worth, depending on the most recent group buy. You will never be able to own the whole thing, making trading of presets (available free on the IK website) a futile experience.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Effects”