This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jcoutu1 wrote:Hey Peter,

I just upgraded to CS Grand and everything went smoothly. Do you know if updates to the Pultec and Fairchild are in the works, similar to the black76 and white2a updates? If so, would those be free updates as well? Any new news on a GUI update for the British? Thanks man!
Well, I'm not sure there really was a call for anything to be updated in those plugins, was there an issue or need for something there? I may have missed something posted so please do understand - I hope I didn't, though. There isn't any underlying DSP paradigm shift like AT 2 --> Fender --> 3 here for the overall processors so there wouldn't need to be an update of that nature but again perhaps I missed something similar to the Black 76 and White 2A requests that I definitely didn't miss :)

I don't have an update on a GUI update yet at this point. I'd guess (again, a guess - estimation - etc, since apparently I get quoted as gospel quite a lot even when estimating...) that the best time would be when we add new gear. We have new gear in the works but no solid release date on it at this time.

I wasn't looking for any specific updates to the Pultec or Fairchild, I'm just aware that they are older units. With the 2 day demo, I didn't get to test them as much as I would have liked but I really dug the Black76, so I figured I would go for it while the price was right.

Any hints as to what processors might be coming down the road? An API2500 would get me going, but I'm not sure if Waves has some exclusive deal. I'm sure that a better version than the Waves would be possible too.

jcoutu1 wrote: Any hints as to what processors might be coming down the road?
If you folks would do a REDD Desk channel processor, then I wouldn't have to buy the Waves version (which would be preferrable). I know that Squids did some sample recording sessions with Ken Scott and one of the REDD desks. Is there any chance that someone from IK was there to gather the data required to emululate one of the channels?

I know that you probably wouldn't be allowed to admit that, if it were true, and that even if you released such a processor you would likely have to take measures to make it look different and not use "REDD" in the advertising. Nevertheless, the idea that something like that could be coming down the pipeline does turn me on quite a bit. 8)

---------

And you know what else would be cool... How about a T-Racks processor that contains all of the FX used in SampleTank2, exactly as they exist right now (same order, same controls and everything). That would allow IK users to load any FX set that they had saved in ST2, or create brand new ones, and then apply them to ANY virtual instrument or audio track. I really think that would be a useful processor to have available. There are some settings that I use with some of my eSounds/SampleTank instruments that I would love to be able to apply to other sound sources (like a real guitar, for example).

How hard could it be to do that? Even cooler would be if it ALSO contained whatever FX will be built into SampleTank3 so that it can provide the same usefulness for ST3 users. Either that OR simply build SampleTank3 with the option for it to also be used as a FX processor for an incoming audio signal.

Peter, can you please forward this suggestion to right department? Thanks!
Somewhere in the background zedd

zedd, those are some good suggestions.
You'll be happy with what's coming next, I think.

Just curious if there is any news about a UI update for the British Channel. I have used the channel a bit, and I really like how it sounds, but the UI is a bit off-putting... I know I should just be using my ears, but since you have to look at the screen to adjust the controls (you can't just grab a knob and close your eyes like you can with hardware), it would be nice to have a cleaner and simpler UI that's less distracting. (With that said, I do like how the knobs turn, they are smooth, and show the value next to the knob which is really handy.)

In case you haven't demoed this plug, do it, you might be surprised how good it sounds. It totally hangs in there with my UAD and Waves SSL packages. The dynamics section is really good too.

We should be updating the GUI in the next update. We invested in an all new color palette licensed from Ibanez:

Isn't that the same color palate?

jcoutu1 wrote:Isn't that the same color palate?
More colors, brighter, and also licensed the "swirl" algorithm for best use of the palette.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
More colors, brighter, and also licensed the "swirl" algorithm for best use of the palette.
Funny ;-). Any idea roughly of when the update will be released?

Or when new T-Racks Custom Shop modules will be released?

zedd wrote:
jcoutu1 wrote:
And you know what else would be cool... How about a T-Racks processor that contains all of the FX used in SampleTank2, exactly as they exist right now (same order, same controls and everything). That would allow IK users to load any FX set that they had saved in ST2, or create brand new ones, and then apply them to ANY virtual instrument or audio track. I really think that would be a useful processor to have available. There are some settings that I use with some of my eSounds/SampleTank instruments that I would love to be able to apply to other sound sources (like a real guitar, for example).
!
This would be very cool. Much of this processing power exists in AT3, of course, but a single rack multi FX unit of just the ST FX module would be awesome. I'd love to see something like this for other gear in my VSTi folder.

Unless...did I miss this? Can ST2.5 be loaded as an effect?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If they made all the knobs black more would complain. The channel strip looks far better in my DAW than on websites.

Emmett_Brown wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Funny ;-). Any idea roughly of when the update will be released?
I don't have a specific date yet, probably next month. To answer the question after yours, it will also have new T-RackS CS gear too, of course.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We should be updating the GUI in the next update. We invested in an all new color palette licensed from Ibanez:
bout time

Kaboom75 wrote:If they made all the knobs black more would complain. The channel strip looks far better in my DAW than on websites.
+1. Sure, it's super flashy at first, but it's very clear to use in Logic and doesn't bother me like I thought it would.

I wouldn't mind more precision in the way values are indicated though, and wish the standard "alt-click" would reset parameters to default. Also a way to engage/disengage each EQ section separately, not globally, would have been nice.

I took the time to demo it against Waves SSL prior to purchase, and found it had a bit more grit, where Waves were a tad more elegant with a more convenient dynamic section (and routing, if I recall correctly) but the price of the upgrade (which included the awesome Quad Image) really made it a no brainer.
I'm currently using it daily and loving it.
Alexis

Return to “Effects”