This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:More ibby pics! :hyper:
Winter NAMM 2013:

I must say that I got accustomed to the look of this plug-in really soon and do not care about that matter anymore.

What I do care about is its sound ... and it is really incredible. It sounds very tight, those EQ curves work much better for me than the use of a regular EQ (such as Equick) and its compression is exactly what I always wanted from a compressor. Great both for individual instruments and buss duties. It is very basic (soft-hard, fast-slow) yet fits very diverse compression tasks. It is almost on all my tracks. Spiced with little bit of Nebula (AITB and AlexB presets) it is a real SSL heaven.

IMHO, this is the best plugin IKM ever made. :clap:

Now IK, please, create also some Api EQ and Comp of the same quality, because I really do not want to waste my money on the old Waves plugs and I don't see much Api stuff around. :P

Masr wrote:
agreed. Though I would rather see them take on the old Roland Tape Echo next. Maybe also do the master bus compressor for the SSL as well.

Masr wrote:I must say that I got accustomed to the look of this plug-in really soon and do not care about that matter anymore.

What I do care about is its sound ... and it is really incredible. It sounds very tight, those EQ curves work much better for me than the use of a regular EQ (such as Equick) and its compression is exactly what I always wanted from a compressor. Great both for individual instruments and buss duties. It is very basic (soft-hard, fast-slow) yet fits very diverse compression tasks. It is almost on all my tracks. Spiced with little bit of Nebula (AITB and AlexB presets) it is a real SSL heaven.

Now IK, please, create also some Api EQ and Comp of the same quality, because I really do not want to waste my money on the old Waves plugs and I don't see much Api stuff around. :P
Yes! API would be great! The waves plugs are pretty good, and the UAD plugs are fantastic, but for those that don't have a UAD card, a modern version of the API 550A and 560 would be awesome.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
hibidy wrote:More ibby pics! :hyper:
Winter NAMM 2013:
Oh thank you!

So I guess Synthedit plugins aren't the only plugins that look like Synthedit plugins. The money hungry plugins can sometimes "slip" and look like Synthedit plugins too!

Personally, I don't care what plugins look like, all I care about is sound, so I shouldn't even be posting in this thread anyway. Good luck with all your thread bumps across the internet IK and many moneys to you. 8)

@overhishead - Thank you. Just because something isn't free doesn't mean it is "money hungry" - we give gear away free, but that's not even the main point. We always use REAL gear, and we've paid a HUGE amount of money for the gear alone and this was actually one of the most expensive, especially of the T-RackS gear. At the very low price, to even recoup the price of the gear itself let alone the many man-hours over nearly a year of improving our innovative modeling techniques even further with this particular gear to get it right is pretty long. We're not even approaching expensive here, but we may have been in the ball park if we actually charged what it was really worth (MUCH more, if you haven't realized yet).

IKM please make a good ducking delay too.

zeep wrote:IKM please make a good ducking delay too.
Thank you that's a fine suggestion. Any good more "general use" or even more creative FX than the vintage mixing/mastering type of stuff would be welcome, I think.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
zeep wrote:IKM please make a good ducking delay too.
Thank you that's a fine suggestion. Any good more "general use" or even more creative FX than the vintage mixing/mastering type of stuff would be welcome, I think.
Absolutely! Very welcome.

Should we post the new British Channel GUI? http://www.t-racks.com

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Should we post the new British Channel GUI? http://www.t-racks.com
What? Where? I went there and saw the same... Do I have to download the update to see it?
EDIT: I logged to my account, and saw no update. Besides, I am still unable to use T-Racks CS Grand in Windows XP. The Custom Shop software says the OS is not compatible.
Fernando (FMR)

It was a question. I dont' want to start another storm where we debate if this one is also not to some folks' standards. I think turning this into a crowdsourced design project was already happening and generally a bad idea.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Should we post the new British Channel GUI? http://www.t-racks.com
Only if you're prepared for honest opinions. :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:It was a question. I dont' want to start another storm where we debate if this one is also not to some folks' standards. I think turning this into a crowdsourced design project was already happening and generally a bad idea.
Don't worry, even "bad publicity" is "good publicity"...Right?

Return to “Effects”