This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...and I also thought the new Quad GUIs made people think they were iOS! ;)

Synthedit jokes aside...that GUI is truly AWFUL!! :shock: It's not just a question of it being ugly...and don't get me wrong....it's DAMN UGLY!! :hihi:
I don't have that much of a problem with an UGLY GUI...the problem that I have with this and some others is that it HURTS to look at it.....even briefly. Now if I'm doing a mix I might have to look at it for a looonnnggg time. Eye strain can be as fatiguing as sitting in a crappy chair. I don't know what the heck you people were thinking but seriously....if you want to actually sell this thing you might REALLY want to consider a redesign of the GUI....even just muting it would help....as it is now it just might cause someone to have an epileptic seizure!! :o
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...and I also thought the new Quad GUIs made people think they were iOS! ;)
The Quad UIs are a pleasure to look at!

bk wrote: GUIs like that will surely make people question your decisions in other areas...
What areas? A GUI is a choice and there are varying opinions. I think that's a mountain out of a molehill, that statement about "other areas". Or was that just a good opportunity for some potshot? Just be clear, and we'll try to answer your concerns.

I think the pastel hues and large, blocky buttons and meters are throwing people.. there's also spacing issues with the knobs.

Not that I like it or dislike it. Only pointing out what I see could be the reasons for much of the distaste for the GUI.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:True, I just hope everybody gets the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: What areas? A GUI is a choice and there are varying opinions.
honestly m8, its hideous! looks like something a kid would throw together. up there with the worst ive seen. no potshots here, just honesty.

heres a great example of a modern stylish gui.

cryophonik wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:True, I just hope everybody gets the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q27YiPRiewg
"That's the joke" is one of my faves :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
bk wrote: GUIs like that will surely make people question your decisions in other areas...
What areas? A GUI is a choice and there are varying opinions. I think that's a mountain out of a molehill, that statement about "other areas". Or was that just a good opportunity for some potshot? Just be clear, and we'll try to answer your concerns.
Potshot? Seriously?!
I said I'm an IK fan. Or at least I was...
It's an opportunity to make my feelings known about one of your new products.

I'm offering my opinion that a gui like that will make people question the dsp behind the gui. Take the advice or don't. I couldn't possibly care less. But you HAVE to realize this is a possibility. When people see tinkertoys, they think tinkertoys.

Believe it or not, sometimes criticism is given by well meaning folks to improve a product/reputation, not to say "IK sucks".

Way to piss off a loyal customer, Pete.

It wasn't your message, it was the delivery, bk.

As if the big stupid dinosaur head wasn't bush-league enough, they create this atrocity on the eyes and expect someone to actually buy it? Hopefully they will get about a 99.9% hate rating on this thing and adjust it to something more professional before release. TOTALLY TERRIBLE!

they're gettin slated on GS too. hopefully they'll see sense.

I've trouble thinking it's not a xmas joke unless their QA team is blind.

paterpeter wrote:Image

:hihi:

j/k Haven't tested it yet. It might well be that it sounds fantastic.
OUCH, my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG you guys are absolutely right about that GUI :shock:

Yes, looks ARE important for a software product like this, especially marketing-wise.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Effects”