This new SSL channel strip from IK Multimedia looks great

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still not clear on this Peter. When you say User Area, you are talking about the IK site, right? Now after I've followed directions there, will I have to hit something in the Custom Shop like Find My Gear to complete the process?---and will that download a whole new set of everything---whether or not that piece is actually being updated, or just the updated piece?

LAGinz wrote:Still not clear on this Peter. When you say User Area, you are talking about the IK site, right? Now after I've followed directions there, will I have to hit something in the Custom Shop like Find My Gear to complete the process?---and will that download a whole new set of everything---whether or not that piece is actually being updated, or just the updated piece?
Yes, that is where the update file will show up first. I was just pointing out that you will see new gear in Custom Shop too (likely a large banner about it front and center on the day it is released) but that will prompt and send you to your User Area. I don't think anybody will miss it.

Like past updates for Custom Shop enabled products, the update will be a single file and installation that will update your product.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We will alert when the update is available in Custom Shop, as well as posting on our site and forum, here, etc. Once you see in Custom Shop that the update is available you can go to your User Area or you can grab the new gear at which time you'd be prompted to download the newest version and sent to the User Area to do so.

We are testing the new gear and will have this released in your User Area as soon as it is ready. There are three new pieces of gear to go along with the GUI update and fixes. Hope you will enjoy them! http://www.t-racks.com
Ok so the update will show in the CS.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't ask about new gear, i said that the Custom Shop STILL prompts "New" on plugins that i already own. So, not a biggie but you may want to remove the banner/ribbons and what have you after the customer owns it, and save the alerts for when it's actually new.

I understood that part too, I just didn't really have an answer for that part. It is still the newest gear, meant to denote that - not that it is no longer "new to you". Thank you for the suggestion.

Ah i see. Cheers ;)

Exciting stuff, I love the new UI for the SSL channel strip! Wow... three new gear pieces. I can't wait to know what is going to be released... Peter, can we get at least a hint of what the 3 new models are? Pretty Pleeeeeaaase.... like, is it a comp, and eq, a tape sim...?

Emmett_Brown wrote:Exciting stuff, I love the new UI for the SSL channel strip! Wow... three new gear pieces. I can't wait to know what is going to be released... Peter, can we get at least a hint of what the 3 new models are? Pretty Pleeeeeaaase.... like, is it a comp, and eq, a tape sim...?
Yes, give me a little bit of time. Just like with this GUI update, I have to verify when the rest is coming so I know exactly when I can lay them on you guys. Also, I'm pretty sure you'll get at least one or two pretty easily no matter how hard I make it.

Peter any ETA on the CS update? I am hoping for a master bus compressor to go with this channel strp, maybe a roland tape delay because you guys dont have any stand alone delays, and something like the NI Premium Tube series. The Massey guys they sound great but I think IK can do it better, I am a fan boy I am biased lol

The ETA is what I'm waiting for. I'll let you know!

Return to “Effects”