Headcase escapes into the wild!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

very cool

Removed

Virtual Amp Stash No Longer Supports This Company
Last edited by S1770 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken McLaren wrote:@Unspoken
Well it is not a native 64 bit plug, and it will be a while before we can do that. However, it seems to run fine with the daws we have tested on. Cubase 6.5 seems to be an issue for some people. If you have time please try it on your 64 bit setup for us.. we'd appreciate that..
Thanks..
I can get a sound out of the demo in either Sonar X2A or Reaper. I load the Full Suite, wait for the demo message to go away, click continue, then load a Preset and there's no audio.

On top of it: there are crazy characters after the plugin names. This blew up my VST plugin list in Sonar. I had to go in and manually adjust the plugin name within the Sonar Plugin Manager to get any effects to appear in my plugin list again. The same characters appeared in Reaper so this wasn't a Sonar specific thing. You need to look at the VST names again.

Anyway, I was interested in checking this out, but since I can't get a sound out of it, it's not 64bit, and appears buggy, this will be getting uninstalled. I might try it out again at some point in the future, but these issues would have to have been worked out. The fact that it didn't work in 2 out of the 2 DAWs I've used indicates that nowhere near enough testing went on here across different platforms.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was a fan of your earlier line and eagerly awaited this release. Sounds like you've received some very positive feedback and that's great.

However, I still don't understand how anyone can, at the end of 2012 and going into 2013, release NEW software that's not x64. I've said it elsewhere on KVR-- x64 is not a fad. We're now solidly into Win8. This is not new technology. It is the current standard and has been for quite some time.

If and when HC catches up, I'll be waiting, credit card in hand.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Removed

Last edited by S1770 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removed

Last edited by S1770 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removed

Removed

Thanks for reading.

S1770 wrote:Removed

Thanks for reading.
Are you shutting down the virtual amp stash?
If you're no longer working with ABG, what's the point of the site?

*grabs popcorn*
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

bk wrote:
S1770 wrote:Removed

Thanks for reading.
Are you shutting down the virtual amp stash?
If you're no longer working with ABG, what's the point of the site?
Im grabbing everything I can before its gone!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Put a nice archive on Mediafire when you're done. :D

@midnight wrote:*grabs popcorn*
No, I'm not gonna fall for it.. I've been trading pot shots with the guys from IK Multimedia for 3 years, and had my ass kicked a few times by them. So I am not going to fall for a rank amateur like this...HAHA :)

In terms of the heads, of course we have them all, and we'll be launching our own head download site soon complete with a new "Officially supported" head download app.

Now, if the V.A.S. wants to start playing nice with everyone, including Andy Sneap (they really should apologize to him), perhaps we'll enable their browser again for them and they can continue to serve their users. Until then however, we must distance ourselves.

(I believe there is another third party head site coming too, but more on that later as I know more.)

@Funkybot:

I have loaded almost everyone one Ken's plugs (even alpha versions) in Sonar from Sonar 8 to X2a. Since X1, I have been using 64bit Sonar. Previous versions of HC worked in 64bit Sonar. I'm still working with Ken to figure out why it's not working now. But I can get it to work in Sonar, I just have to load a preset first. Then it works as intended.

In Sonar:
*Load up HC Suite and then load one of it's included Presets. Then it will work. If it doesn't, let Ken know.
*Load up HC Builder and then change from the default head to any of the other included heads. When it asks you if you want to discard changes, just click yes and it will load the head you choose and will start working.

HC will work as intended on the same machine in 32bit Sonar, Win7 64.

HC also works as intended on this same machine in Reaper 64bit. And Reaper 32bit.

I help Ken test his plugs and have been doing this for the better part of two years. I have never experienced any of his plugs messing up anything on my system.
Answer The Call
While You Still Hear It All
Cause Nobody Will If You Won't. DT

Ken McLaren wrote:
(I believe there is another third party head site coming too, but more on that later as I know more.)
With descriptors 0f each head I hope :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”