Which Plugin Alliance deals were MUST HAVES?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rasmusklump wrote: And the Vitalizer I will also buy now as I missed the deal.
Absolutely! Can't understand how I forgot to mention the SPL Vitalizer mk2t! It's a "must have" for sure. The way it's stereo spread works is awesome. It's quite different to your typical M/S widening (though I suspect it's based on this but sounds a bit different.. probably due to how the harmonics are spread out).

It's an awesome compressor for bass frequencies too. Very highly recommended!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Elysia Alpha is a must have imo!

/Jon

Vertigo, character, vitalizer.

Maybe maag, too.
Finally!

yllet wrote:Elysia Alpha is a must have imo!

/Jon
orly? I'll take another look, but I'm chock full o comps. I just LOVE the vintage comps.....I want more eq's is what I really want but I'm not convinced of anything other than the maag.

Ok, just pencil me in for all of them :x

SPL Vitalizer, MaagEQ, Noveltech Charakter from my side.

Noveltech Character & BX Stereomaker for me

The Maag is tempting as well

Suffering from slight ADD, so the Alpha Compressor -as good as it might be- would not be a wise choice for me. SPL PassEQ is equally tempting, but looks very distracting.
I really fear spending a decent amount of cash on these two, and then not using them because their GUIs annoyed me.

I read that the MPressor was aggressive and fast, but how is it with CPU consumption? ATM I mainly use the T-RackS 76/2A comps, and I'd like to have something "clean" every now and then for the odd track or two.

What's so great about the Maag?
I read all the descriptions and watched the vid, but... all fixed frequencies etc., that makes it useful for spacing frequencies of two things against each other in a mix, but not more. And as a pure master EQ... hm. Got the T-RackS for that.

Is that bx stem Limiter any good?
I usually slightly compress my buses and then clip the occasional peak with the T-RackS Clipper. Would this thing really be a big improvement?
As a mere "louderizer" or master Limiter I use Barricade from ToneBoosters, so I wouldn't really need the bx Limiter for that.

Another one I'm interested in is that Vertigo.
As mentioned before, I have the T-RackS Black/White, and also their Fairchild. I just recently sold my Duende Bus Comp, so I "might" be in need there. Would the Vertigo be a decent replacement for the SSL?

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this.
Off to see if there are demos now.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Another vote for Character. It can do wonders, if you know what to do....

The Vertigo is not bad. Primary for mastering and they nailed the hardware very well (I remember a small test with a mastering guy using the hardware and comparing the software).
The other BX stuff.. Hmm... the bx_digital is not bad, but you can do the M/S stuff also with the NI/Softube Massive Passive and there are of course other EQs supporting M/S (DMGAudio). I don't like the Maag, SPL Vitalizer, Elysia etc.
So, for me the Vertigo is the only interesting plug-in.

I just quickly tried them. (nothing else to do before the festivities start :D )

The Maag actually seems fairly decent. Not the typical go-to EQ for cleaning up hisses and noises and correcting overall frequency problems, but a "nicerizer" that quickly brings stuff together. Very tempting!

The bx Limiter... dunno. Not very spectacular, not very "nice" sound. Think I'll stick with the Barricade.

MPressor... hm. The only neat features are the optional Noise Floor, the negative Ratios and the Gain Reduction Limiter. I never needed negative Ratios yet, and I've got enough "coloring" compressors already, so those two are no "pro" arguments in my case.
The Gain Reduction Limiter ... well, it limits the Gain Reduction.
Can't one do that by dialing back the threshold and turning on its Auto Fast Attack setting? So it's not really THAT revolutionary.
And what's the deal about the Niveau Filter in it? The PDF says it comes AFTER the compression... so... why? Would be nice to niveau-filter the Side-Chain, for example, but other than that... wasted feature.
So no real go-to track compressor material here, I'm afraid.
Sounds great, yes, but it's just too "deep" and complex for a simple one-tricker.

The Vertigo I liked. Sounded very silky, not as aggressive as the IK's, so... I'll sleep over it, and maybe I'll get it.

Quite liked the SPL Attacker, by the way, a real easy way to quickly make the Kick and Snare a little punchier if you dial it in a little. Good offer for that at JRR at the moment, especially with the FORUM coupon code.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

The Vertigo is IMO a top character compressor.
$300 is not cheap for the Vertigo but now with $119 it's in a price range where it makes sense to think about it (VAT included?).

Btw... Vengeance has also some Xmas discount running (20%). Some stuff like the Multiband Sidechain is now only 79€. Maybe more interesting than another compressor or EQ ;)

My must haves from the list ...

SPL Transient Designer
Maag EQ4

No love for the Passeq?

I already grabbed the Maag, VSC-2, and Stereomaker, thinking about the Passeq and Alpha. Thoughts?

Love Passeq, but it's a little hit or miss thing. The mono version get used often but doesn't always stay.

Alpha sat into my master buss and never left, but it's more of a tweaker thing... If you just want to slap it on and call it a day probably not a good one. If you like to tweak MS, well... :hihi:

Return to “Effects”