Driver - free NI plugin until 31 Dec.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do people really think driver sucks? im just curious. to me, it awesome and takes any sound and turn into a sound that sounds like you spent hours programing. its ultra modern sounding too. i think this would fit great with any kind of industrial noise/agro/ebm,dubstep even ambient. im scratching my head why people don't like it.

sure, its really ballsy and changes the sound completely but that's what you want it to do. like, take a synth that has no fx, uno lx, charlatan, mono fury, a tb 303 clone, and it really makes the synth very complex sounding. of course, if you dont want to change the sound, then i can see why you would hate this thing.

I'm not particularly big on filter plugs or distortion plugs as a rule. But I do like the way this thing does its job. It's good to go exploring once in a while and see what you can come up with.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

It sounds really cool. Reminds me of my old Sherman filterbank, but much easier to use.

Here's a good start for a saturation/dist patch:

Start with the factory init:

In : -6.0
Out: +6.0

Dist 0
Color 8.1
Notch mode
Res always set to 1.8 or 1.9

Now if you move the freq knob (relatively slow), there should be no tonal change..... move it faster and you'll notice a kind of pale pitch shift.

AM section:

for a wow/flutter kind of sound try OSC, LO, rate to 6Hz
(for this to work well, a tiny amount of freq mod and the freq control set around 4-6k I guess)

or... instead of wow flutter, you can set the LFO to Audio, Clip Cut 9, Lag 4.5 (great on solo/monophonic instruments that need some more bite)

anyway...
workflow would be to set the in/out properly...
followed by a tiny amount of Disto to help set the Freq control (for phase coloring) and finetune with Color.
Bring Disto to 0 and up until you reach the desired amount.

...top with modulation...

this is a NEAT plugin! can't believe it's free :shock:
Just used it now and i love it, really really nice filter, and beautiful minimalistic GUI :)

Save the serial in a .txt file, pack that and the installer in a RAR file. Upload somewhere (Dropbox, Google Drive). Safe.

This plugin is so much fun!
I've opened FL Studio, made the most basic beat i can in 15 seconds, loaded Driver on the Master channel, and just played with it now for almost an hour :love:

I basically played with a cutoff knob for an entire hour, and enjoyed it sooooo much 8)

Love the GUI. Reminds me of this:

The name driver... the camaro paint style.. does seem it might be a direct influence on the product!

VitaminD wrote:The name driver... the camaro paint style.. does seem it might be a direct influence on the product!
LOL, your'e right!

I would have gladly paid money for this. It's an amazing, sound mangling distortion plug-in. You can change sounds beyond recognition.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: It's an amazing, sound mangling distortion plug-in. You can change sounds beyond recognition.
There's a few people that I would like to drop this plug in into :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The real question is WHAT ELSE is included in this new effects pack?

oh and maybe.. is this going to be a part of Komplete 9? :hyper:

Least understood fx eva. :?

Interesting that it doesn't seem to have the option to be used in Guitar Rig

Return to “Effects”