SKnote DDD - Chorus!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DDD

Congrats! Lovely sound!

Is the screen shot on the product page an old version? There's no mix knob on the right.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Yes, needs replacement. Mix knob is absolutely fundamental for the mix. I guess everybody is used to use the hardware device in a send configuration.

quintosardo wrote:Released! :D

http://youtu.be/7UpMsb_NsXI
I was waiting for that one ! Great, thank you for this gem ;).

already bought...

Me too! :party:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Our maestro is back !! :D :D :D :D great job Q!

electro wrote:
quintosardo wrote:?
How would you model it otherwise??? :)
I was asking if you feel the other emulations fall short of the hardware.
Thats never the case with Quinto ! Quinto is holy grail algos !

How does this compare to other Dim D emulations? There's no demo. I could never get ERS to work. No UAD. Is this a viable alternative to those I can't use?

I have ERS DimensionD and now this one.
Each of them have a slightly different sound.
I can't say I prefer one over the other.
Both are worth to keep, best subtle choruses out there.
Thanks Quinto - Good work !

Back at work after a stop, sending all the copies out.
If you received the Mac version, Win versions are coming with a separate email... :phones:

PCSRKS wrote: What about a faithful emulation of the Dyno-My-Piano Tri-Stereo-Chorus !?
Yeah, you would think that somebody would emulate the most rare & expensive chorus unit in history :?: That being said - it's an 'Ensemble-Type' chorus, with a mysterious enhancer circuit that nobody can agree on as to what it actually does.

I'd love to see someone do a plugin of the CE-300. I've got CE-1's built-in to my RE-501 and RE-555, my CE-300 sounds much more lush.

Uncle E wrote:I'd love to see someone do a plugin of the CE-300. I've got CE-1's built-in to my RE-501 and RE-555, my CE-300 sounds much more lush.
I'd also like to see a plugin version of a rackmount Peavey delay/chorus (DEP 3.2S) that I have from the '80s that has a really lush sound. It advertises that it has 12-bit processing. :)

Anyway, I finally got to try out the SKnote DDD and it sounds great. It has a nice quality to it.

I don't hear any change whe I use the input gain knob. I know what an input gain knob should do though.

What change should I listen for? :help: :oops:

It changes internal working level, it is an input gain compensated for by an opposite output gain.
Circuits modeled are non linear, including the compander section.
The Bucket Brigade could distort a bit, dynamics are affected by the compander. It could be extremely subtle, probably you can start listening to it on a dull (few harmonics) and dynamic (lots of attacks) bass sequence.

Return to “Effects”